* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by wadesworld
[Today at 08:56:16 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[Today at 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 09:27:42 AM]

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ahmed Hill Commits to Marquette  (Read 19311 times)

augoman

• All American
Re: Ahmed Hill Commits to Marquette
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2013, 10:52:47 AM »
superb get  love the final 3 choices.  Welcome Mr. Hill..., tell your friends.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2013, 11:08:34 AM »
Wonder if Shayok and Miller both commit that means Harris has been cut loose.

I wouldn't say that.  There were rumors that they would oversign before the Harris suspension was announced.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2013, 11:14:43 AM »
Wonder if Shayok and Miller both commit that means Harris has been cut loose.

They can all sign letters of intent in about a month, so may as well just wait until then to worry about it.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2013, 11:17:01 AM »
Welcome Ahmed...Scholarship table updated: http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?page=8

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2013, 01:23:17 PM »
Welcome to MU

Chicos - Curious -  I recall you suggesting IU didn't want Hill based on the commit from Robert Johnson, yet they continued to try to get Hill on campus for a visit after the Johnson commit - is that the reason for your luke warm welcome here?  Most of us are ecstatic about the Hill commit!

How does it sit with you when MU lands a player IU coveted?  In other words which team/coach do you want to see succeed more?
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2013, 01:25:31 PM »
Chicos - Curious -  I recall you suggesting IU didn't want Hill based on the commit from Robert Johnson, yet they continued to try to get Hill on campus for a visit after the Johnson commit - is that the reason for your luke warm welcome here?  Most of us are ecstatic about the Hill commit!

How does it sit with you when MU lands a player IU coveted?  In other words which team/coach do you want to see succeed more?

Why start this?

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2013, 01:37:21 PM »
In before the lock!

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2013, 01:39:51 PM »
Why start this?

Just curious...I find it interesting to delve into the abyss of what a mindf*ck it must be to be a die hard fan of both MU and IU.  And since this is the MU fan site, I am genuinely interested to hear from Chicos how he reconciles saying IU basically "cooled' on Hill after getting the Johnson commit, yet after Johnson committed - IU was still trying hard to get Hill on campus for a visit.  Does it actually gnaw at the Bondsmen that Buzz wins a recruiting battle against TC?  I mean why try to suggest IU didn't want Hill after getting the Johnson commit - when that absolutely wasn't the case??

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2013, 01:43:40 PM »
Why don't you ask him in a PM?  You get the answer to your question and we don't have another thread hijacked.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2013, 02:21:05 PM »
Why don't you ask him in a PM?  You get the answer to your question and we don't have another thread hijacked.

This

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2013, 07:36:58 PM »

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

chapman

• All American
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2013, 09:10:07 PM »
http://www.wjbf.com/story/23680799/hill-finds-new-home-at-marquette?clienttype=generic&smartdevicecgbypass

Buzz visited him in Georgia nine times?  Sounds like Buzz really, really wanted Hill at MU.  And glad he liked what he saw after waiting to see what we had to offer.

I predict by page 5 we will all be privy to a heated debate on whether carrots are best as a spring or fall crop.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2013, 09:12:18 PM »
Buzz visited him in Georgia nine times?  Sounds like Buzz really, really wanted Hill at MU.  And glad he liked what he saw after waiting to see what we had to offer.

That's why cutting bait when players like Looney don't show interest is so important.  Time is a limited resource.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2013, 09:17:02 PM »
That's why having the university committed to spending what is necessary, such as charter aircraft, is so important.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2013, 09:41:35 PM »
That's why having the university committed to spending what is necessary, such as charter aircraft, is so important.

Bingo. That is huge....also helps that Buzz is a tireless worker.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2013, 10:23:01 PM »

What's the budget for midnight Limo rentals these days?

Death on call

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2013, 10:41:31 PM »
What's the budget for midnight Limo rentals these days?

We talking about the Marquette student safety LIMOs or real limos here  ;)

raul

• Starter
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2013, 11:15:49 PM »
With guards Noskowiak, Flory, Cohen and Hill orally committing and the talented freshman guards already here, coach Buzz can pick and choose future guards the next year or two and concentrate on recruiting forwards and centers. Let the good times roll.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2013, 11:26:48 PM »
With guards Noskowiak, Flory, Cohen and Hill orally committing and the talented freshman guards already here, coach Buzz can pick and choose future guards the next year or two and concentrate on recruiting forwards and centers. Let the good times roll.

Cohen, Hill and Flory might all be playing some small forward in the future.  That is a position that will be open with only Deonte Burton at that spot or possibly JJJ.  The guard position
will be stocked for a long time now is correct.  Not sure the need for oversigning, but I doubt they sign Harris until the spring, so if Shayok commits or Miller then Harris maybe out anyway.
Should as usual be interesting.  I would hope the freshman class stays together, if that happens, I see no transfers going forward, only have one soph in Steve Taylor and I see him getting
solid minutes this year and big minutes next year.  Any word how Miller liked his visit?

humanlung

• Team Captain
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2013, 10:37:26 AM »

I predict by page 5 we will all be privy to a heated debate on whether carrots are best as a spring or fall crop.

Fall.  To think otherwise is sheer madness...

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2013, 10:46:00 AM »
Cohen, Hill and Flory might all be playing some small forward in the future.  That is a position that will be open with only Deonte Burton at that spot or possibly JJJ.  The guard position
will be stocked for a long time now is correct.  Not sure the need for oversigning, but I doubt they sign Harris until the spring, so if Shayok commits or Miller then Harris maybe out anyway.
Should as usual be interesting.  I would hope the freshman class stays together, if that happens, I see no transfers going forward, only have one soph in Steve Taylor and I see him getting
solid minutes this year and big minutes next year.  Any word how Miller liked his visit?
We have four scholarships available with three commits. The next commitment does not create an oversigning position. I also believe the current plans are that Mayo will not be back, which is one of the reasons we needed Hill and still want Shayok. The fifth commitment gets Mayo's scholarship and the 6th commitment is bad news for Harris.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2013, 10:49:10 AM »
We have four scholarships available with three commits. The next commitment does not create an oversigning position. I also believe the current plans are that Mayo will not be back, which is one of the reasons we needed Hill and still want Shayok. The fifth commitment gets Mayo's scholarship and the 6th commitment is bad news for Harris.

After Mayo's suspension last year, we hard that he wasn't coming back (cause he was playing pro ball in South Africa or some such nonsense).
Then after he came back, we heard he wasn't coming back this year.
Now that he's back this year, the plan is he won't be back next year?

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2013, 10:52:38 AM »
After Mayo's suspension last year, we hard that he wasn't coming back (cause he was playing pro ball in South Africa or some such nonsense).
Then after he came back, we heard he wasn't coming back this year.
Now that he's back this year, the plan is he won't be back next year?

If he has a Vander like year he may not be back.  He is older than most of the kids on the team, so there could be some truth to that.  This can be discussed after he
plays 35 games and has an outstanding year.  Time will tell.

boyonthedock

« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2013, 11:07:48 AM »
Let's just hope ABA doesn't come calling mid-season, and if it does, his fridge is full.

feedback