2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Highlights and notes from MU Madness scrimmage  (Read 12151 times)

Eldon

• All American
Re: [Paint Touches] Highlights and notes from MU Madness scrimmage
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2013, 02:15:46 PM »
I think I've said this before, but anyway.  Mayo was the ONLY person to show up in our Sweet 16 game game against Florida.  He has never left being on my good side since then, despite last year's chuckings.

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2013, 02:16:39 PM »
I really liked what I saw from Juan and I stick with what I said in May, when folks thought he was leaving MU ...

Quote from: 4everwarriors on May 20, 2013, 08:53:22 AM
Nice kid and team member/player, but lets's not confuse him with the second comin' of Carmelo Anthony.

He can be a double digit rebounder and scorer next year[/

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2013, 07:37:50 PM »
That's a good point.  I had some of the same feelings on Vander going into last year and I was very pleased with the way Vander played as a junior.  Hopefully you are correct that the message has gotten through to Todd and he can have a similar year to Vander as a junior.

Buzz not giving Todd as easy pass...

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/marquettes-todd-mayo-still-trying-to-realize-his-potential-b99118123z1-227473201.html?ipad=y

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2013, 08:08:10 PM »
I really liked what I saw from Juan and I stick with what I said in May, when folks thought he was leaving MU ...

Quote from: 4everwarriors on May 20, 2013, 08:53:22 AM
Nice kid and team member/player, but lets's not confuse him with the second comin' of Carmelo Anthony.

He can be a double digit rebounder and scorer next year[/

I agree completely.  I've always liked Juan, felt he was held back a lot by the injuries and not being able to have time in the offseason to get properly prepared.  I think he will be a big component of our success this year and he at least has the potential to be special next year.

thehammock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2013, 09:21:46 PM »
Hunt sure like writing articles about Mayo!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2013, 09:30:51 PM »

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2013, 10:34:46 PM »
Is that the same article that Mike Hunt refers to our 4th year player as Devante or was that a different article?

Imagine the beat writer for MU basketball actually getting the names of the SENIORS spelled correctly. Picky picky.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2013, 07:48:26 AM »
With respect to the Mayo controversy, I've got to admit I've been reading a lot about how good he'll be this year, and will start, and I really haven't bought into that. I think he's showed us who he is and what he's got and don't really expect to see much that's different - flashes of brilliance interspersed with multiple gaffes. He's not an 18-year-old who is still being molded. But if his attitude has come around (perhaps with a dash of maturity) I'm willing (and hoping) to be wrong, wrong, wrong.

slingkong

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2013, 11:24:27 AM »
I agree with all of this.  I'm really excited for all of the newcomers.  JJJ and Duane just have a natural scoring ability.  They know how to put it in the bucket in a variety of ways.  Burton can finish around the rim in a number of ways as well.  I expect more of a learning curve for him, but he's still a stud.  And I love McKay.  He may not score a ton but he's going to have impacts on the game that don't show up in the box score.  Dawson didn't show me much, but he's a big, athletic guy who already looked more confident than a freshman does.  I said it in another thread but I just have a feeling I'm going to like him a lot.

Well, you'll like him a lot as long as he wears the same color shoes as everyone else, right?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2013, 12:18:03 AM »
Well, you'll like him a lot as long as he wears the same color shoes as everyone else, right?

Seems like an odd time to bring this thread back to the surface...?

But to go off of your post, I was at the women's volleyball match tonight and the men's basketball team was getting ready for Haunted Hoops. I was not at all surprised to see half of the team sitting in the first row near center court and the other half waiting around in the "tunnel" entrance to the court, while Todd sat alone in the 2nd row not near any of them. Just seems like Todd's all about him. Maybe I just look too into those kinds of things. But maybe it's more than a coincidence that the guy who continually gets suspended and sent home for conflicting values/views from the coaches and the rest of the team is always the one with the different shoes sitting alone. But you're right. He's turned a corner and matured. He learned his lesson and will be all about the team this year with his older millionaire brother in town.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback