Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Malek Harris - Reason for suspension  (Read 42094 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: Malek Harris - Reason for suspension
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2013, 04:41:44 PM »
Some of you should be ashamed of what you have written.

MH called Buzz directly to inform him what had happen, no middle man no IC, called Buzz straight up.

When it was being investigated he did not hide it, he was truthful at all times and he has taken full responsibility for this issue.  He has already received consequences for his actions that are appropriate...imagine what missing his senior year of HS Basketball means to a young man like this.

I for one hope that he will be a Warrior next year and that he has the ability to made stronger by the program that Buzz will put him through.  Imagine what his boot camp will be like next year???

Final comment to those who are all bent up about this..."lighten up Francis"

Big Daddy's never steered us wrong before, so presuming accuracy in the above... is there time for a GED from Moraine Valley and yet still get him on campus this fall?

Can you even do that???? (forgo your senior year of HS, get your GED, enroll in college early and "redshirt" what would have been your senior year of HS)
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2013, 05:56:40 PM »
I believe he is not suspended from high school, just from the basketball team.  I would be surprised if a GED would qualify you to play college basketball. You have to take core courses and have a certain grade point. I am not sure, but I think GED courses are mostly pass fail.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 05:59:46 PM by bilsu »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2013, 05:58:22 PM »
Thank you, big daddy.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2013, 06:02:15 PM »
I have been a lurker her for many years now, and this thread is not what i would expect from the MU community.  Maybe this is a bit harsh, but i cannot believe people will pass judgement on this kid without knowing any details at all other then baseless rumors.  And then to pass judgement on Buzz if he decides to accept this young man into our program.  This is without knowing what truly happened now or in the past, what his background is like, what his relationship is with Buzz, ect. 

This is a Jesuit school and i think Buzz is a great representative of this and if Buzz decided that he should be accepted into MU we should be supportive and appreciative to have a coach like him.  Because if Buzz decides to give him a second(third, fourth, tenth, ect) chance it will be for a good reason, a reason that none of us ever need to know specifically.  But to want to help a young man with talent and possibly turn his life around or point it in the right direction you will distrust Buzz?  Why, because of all the bad individuals that the program has turned out in his time?  Because we all know that if he ends his 4 years at MU he will leave a better man under Buzz, and if Buzz accepts him then he trusts him to make it those 4 years.  And i trust my coach.

And i certainly hope(and imagine) the last thing Buzz is concerned about in this kids future is the opinion of a bunch of message board users or even the general fan base.  hopefully he is caring about the kid and has discussed this with the administration which i imagine would also support for the right reasons.  Until we know more(which we may never know) i cannot imagine passing judgement.

Go MU!!!! 
Please post more often.  We need this kind of fan on here.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2013, 06:05:14 PM »
Big Daddy's never steered us wrong before, so presuming accuracy in the above... is there time for a GED from Moraine Valley and yet still get him on campus this fall?

Can you even do that???? (forgo your senior year of HS, get your GED, enroll in college early and "redshirt" what would have been your senior year of HS)
Benny, he didn't get kicked out of school completely, just suspended from b-ball team.

Edit:  Or what Bilsu said  ;D

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2013, 06:47:55 PM »
Some of you should be ashamed of what you have written.

MH called Buzz directly to inform him what had happen, no middle man no IC, called Buzz straight up.

When it was being investigated he did not hide it, he was truthful at all times and he has taken full responsibility for this issue.  He has already received consequences for his actions that are appropriate...imagine what missing his senior year of HS Basketball means to a young man like this.

I for one hope that he will be a Warrior next year and that he has the ability to made stronger by the program that Buzz will put him through.  Imagine what his boot camp will be like next year???

Final comment to those who are all bent up about this..."lighten up Francis"

Thank you.  Some actual information on the situation instead of thoughtless hard-line sh*t slung against a wall.  Turns out the kid isn't a monster! Who'da thunk. The "adios" crowd should definitlely be ashamed.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2013, 08:21:41 PM »
I thought your point was that he had already been suspended "over and over again".

Then you have a reading problem....let me help you.  Show me where I said he doesn't deserve another chance or where I said this isn't Buzz's call?  In fact, when I opined that it might be how OTHERS were thinking (the kick him out crowd), you jumped my junk (in a loving, caressing manner) to say I didn't need to opine for others....that memory of your fading again?  Furthermore, I said Buzz will be the one to ultimately decide and fair or not, he will be judged be it if something comes out of it...that's just the nature of the beast with situations like this.  But I never said he should or shouldn't get a second chance.  I did ask plenty of questions about the idea of second chances for folks in general, but please show me where I said this kid doesn't deserve one or does deserve one?  I said neither:

"Of course, that is true.  Gets back to the questions earlier in the week, how many chances does someone get.  Some kids figure it out without any chances, some after 1, 2, 3, 10 chances. Some are willing to keep giving chances, others are not....Buzz will do what he does and the accountability will ultimately be on him and the kid".   

"Could it be that some people simply don't want a kid at their school that has been suspended multiple times, including for his entire senior season?  That is a known fact, that he has been suspended multiple times and for his entire season....correct?   I'm just guessing, but that may be what some of those from the "kick him out" crowd are referencing."

"For the record, I'm not one to say he shouldn't be at MU, I'm merely offering an explanation of why some may not.  Usually you get suspended it is supposed to be a wake up call, like being on probation.....keep clean, don't be stupid, eyes are on you.  You keep doing things to the point you are suspended for an entire season, and you wonder if the message ever gets through.  Some may wonder if it is worth taking on someone like that."

"Yup, all possible.  Stated that before your post.  Who knows.  I can see both sides of the argument.  "

"I'm curious for you and TAMU, if it is pot again....would you have zero tolerance of a threepeat at MU?  Or would he get a 4 peat, 5 peat, etc?  I'm just curious when the second chances run out for folks.  By the way, I'm not against second chances, but I am definitely someone that believes 2nd chances are just that, 2nd chances."

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2013, 08:27:02 PM »
  Until we know more(which we may never know) i cannot imagine passing judgement.

Go MU!!!! 

People here pass judgment all the time.  It ultimately comes down to WHO is passing the judgment and for WHOM they are passing it on.  The same guys here that are blissfully excited about not passing judgment in this case, pass judgment all the time on others.  It made me chuckle a bit with everyone doing the +1 on your message and realizing all they do (myself included) pass judgment on here daily.  Again, WHO and to WHOM, is all that really matters here. 

Go MU!!!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2013, 08:31:37 PM »
People here pass judgment all the time.  It ultimately comes down to WHO is passing the judgment and for WHOM they are passing it on.  The same guys here that are blissfully excited about not passing judgment in this case, pass judgment all the time on others.  It made me chuckle a bit with everyone doing the +1 on your message and realizing all they do (myself included) pass judgment on here daily.  Again, WHO and to WHOM, is all that really matters here. 

Go MU!!!

I can't believe I'm getting sucked in by this again, but there is a HUGE difference between passing judgement in a vacuum of information and passing judgement with a lot of information in front of you.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2013, 08:37:11 PM »
I can't believe I'm getting sucked in by this again, but there is a HUGE difference between passing judgement in a vacuum of information and passing judgement with a lot of information in front of you.

I'm sure Chicos will say something about "fully" passing judgement shortly.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2013, 08:59:48 PM »

We agree.  The point is people pass judgment here all the time on players, coaches, other posters with almost no information.  All the time....myself included.

It comes down to whom and by who. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2013, 09:03:23 PM »

Lol. Boom, roasted.
I'm sure Chicos will say something about "fully" passing judgement shortly.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2013, 10:12:22 PM »
Thank you, big daddy.

Ditto

+1

This thread is deplorable.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2013, 10:15:56 PM »
I have been a lurker her for many years now, and this thread is not what i would expect from the MU community.  Maybe this is a bit harsh, but i cannot believe people will pass judgement on this kid without knowing any details at all other then baseless rumors.  And then to pass judgement on Buzz if he decides to accept this young man into our program.  This is without knowing what truly happened now or in the past, what his background is like, what his relationship is with Buzz, ect. 

This is a Jesuit school and i think Buzz is a great representative of this and if Buzz decided that he should be accepted into MU we should be supportive and appreciative to have a coach like him.  Because if Buzz decides to give him a second(third, fourth, tenth, ect) chance it will be for a good reason, a reason that none of us ever need to know specifically.  But to want to help a young man with talent and possibly turn his life around or point it in the right direction you will distrust Buzz?  Why, because of all the bad individuals that the program has turned out in his time?  Because we all know that if he ends his 4 years at MU he will leave a better man under Buzz, and if Buzz accepts him then he trusts him to make it those 4 years.  And i trust my coach.

And i certainly hope(and imagine) the last thing Buzz is concerned about in this kids future is the opinion of a bunch of message board users or even the general fan base.  hopefully he is caring about the kid and has discussed this with the administration which i imagine would also support for the right reasons.  Until we know more(which we may never know) i cannot imagine passing judgement.

Go MU!!!! 

Very well stated.

+ 2.5