'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2013-14 Player Intro Teaser  (Read 11182 times)

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
Re: 2013-14 Player Intro Teaser
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2013, 12:00:05 AM »
There's only one MU video that even comes close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10g4VA1j6yc&list=PL6AA7FA8D275B81D9&index=4

I hate that I just added to that video's viewcount...
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2013, 10:34:57 AM »
For everyone hating on the t-shirt and loving the video:
MarquetteMBB‏@MarquetteMBB1h
Here is a look at the free t-shirt, which ties into the video theme, to be distributed at #mubb Madness

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 12:28:17 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHfOe6-lBWY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUjbANOIkx9gio5f24p4yeEg

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uHfOe6-lBWY&amp;fs=1&amp;source=uds" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uHfOe6-lBWY&amp;fs=1&amp;source=uds</a>

I just went to Youtube to watch a completely non-related video and this video was the commercial that the other started with  :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:02:08 PM by Red Stripe »

ResidentBrown

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2013, 02:12:39 PM »
Heard there was gonna be an intro with Fr. Pilarz.

Dunking.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2013, 05:09:15 PM »
There's only one MU video that even comes close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10g4VA1j6yc&list=PL6AA7FA8D275B81D9&index=4

Another pretty solid job by the media department.  Have to wonder if this is harkening back to the Pray intro video or even a glimpse that they will bring it back.  Still my favorite intro video of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NXHrc080-E

I hate both of these videos. I am at a complete loss for how uncool they are.

And speaking of being 18, it's true that not everyone has it together at that age. Let's not prolong this dismal state for MU students.
http://streetcarnage.com/blog/wasnt-anyone-cool-when-they-were-18/
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:11:55 PM by Blue Horseshoe »

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2013, 07:14:18 PM »
I hate both of these videos. I am at a complete loss for how uncool they are.

You hate the Pray video? How? 

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2013, 07:15:38 PM »
I can understand likening another video more or not having an opinion on it, but how can you hate the Pray video?

What would you like to see?

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2013, 11:50:05 AM »
I can understand likening another video more or not having an opinion on it, but how can you hate the Pray video?

What would you like to see?

The Pray video just doesn't get me excited to see basketball. At all. I don't need a verbal confirmation regarding the physical parameters of campus. There is nothing intimidating about reading directions from a map. Wait, maybe this will do the job, "This is what you should know about this 127 year old nation. If you mess with one, you mess with them all."... Scared? No? Not at all? Right, because we all know that MU students aren't going to actually jump on the court and reek havoc...because MU keeps it that way.

As for the basketball highlights, they look good! If I'm at a basketball game, that's what I want to see.

I've never enjoyed the selection in music. I've long wanted to get rid of "Where the Streets Have No Name". Apparently they do according to the Pray video.

Choosing proper music can be difficult. Personally, I would stay away from music that is considered a recent commercial success. Marquette already does this, but only because it has no idea where to find a pulse. MU tends to have major lag recognizing music trends. There has to be some kind of way to speed that up. MU should have been playing Sleigh Bells during the 'Treats' era (late '09-'10) and some Death Grips last season. Both of those ships have already sailed. Sleigh Bells caught lightning in a bottle for a very short period of time (they now suck) and Death Grips went full blown nut bar. Music changes. Embrace it and find something new.

What is the point of these videos? Are they meant to fire up the crowd, the players? Are they meant to intimidate opposing teams and players? These factors should be the driving force for the creative direction of the video.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2013, 12:12:46 PM »
The Pray video just doesn't get me excited to see basketball. At all. I don't need a verbal confirmation regarding the physical parameters of campus. There is nothing intimidating about reading directions from a map. Wait, maybe this will do the job, "This is what you should know about this 127 year old nation. If you mess with one, you mess with them all."... Scared? No? Not at all? Right, because we all know that MU students aren't going to actually jump on the court and reek havoc...because MU keeps it that way.

As for the basketball highlights, they look good! If I'm at a basketball game, that's what I want to see.

I've never enjoyed the selection in music. I've long wanted to get rid of "Where the Streets Have No Name". Apparently they do according to the Pray video.

Choosing proper music can be difficult. Personally, I would stay away from music that is considered a recent commercial success. Marquette already does this, but only because it has no idea where to find a pulse. MU tends to have major lag recognizing music trends. There has to be some kind of way to speed that up. MU should have been playing Sleigh Bells during the 'Treats' era (late '09-'10) and some Death Grips last season. Both of those ships have already sailed. Sleigh Bells caught lightning in a bottle for a very short period of time (they now suck) and Death Grips went full blown nut bar. Music changes. Embrace it and find something new.

What is the point of these videos? Are they meant to fire up the crowd, the players? Are they meant to intimidate opposing teams and players? These factors should be the driving force for the creative direction of the video.

Preach it, Shoe!  What we need is an MUBB version of this awesomeness:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9cYcRotufU
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2013, 12:27:22 PM »
Wonder if we could make a Marquette golden eagles milwaukee or campus version of this? Because this video (even the crappy graphics one from the 90s) still gets me and countless others alive during the Jordan era, riled up.

http://youtu.be/FvNDQkcqkfU

(Sorry video didnt post before)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 12:58:47 PM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2013, 12:37:30 PM »
Wonder if we could make a Marquette golden eagles milwaukee or campus version of this? Because this video (even the crappy graphics one from the 90s) still gets me and countless others alive during the Jordan era, riled up.

Imagine the entire team in flight suits walking in slo-mo, "The Right Stuff"-style, onto a runway and getting into fighter jets.  Chris Otule drops a bomb on Creighton, Davante blows up Georgetown, etc.  Let's throw in ND and UW for good measure.  At the end, they buzz the tower and Coach spills sweet tea down the front of his shirt.
Have some patience, FFS.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2013, 12:49:47 PM »
For what it's worth, the Pray video wasn't used for player intros.  They played it prior to the start of the second half.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2013, 01:02:19 PM »
Imagine the entire team in flight suits walking in slo-mo, "The Right Stuff"-style, onto a runway and getting into fighter jets.  Chris Otule drops a bomb on Creighton, Davante blows up Georgetown, etc.  Let's throw in ND and UW for good measure.  At the end, they buzz the tower and Coach spills sweet tea down the front of his shirt.

video didnt post before but I feel like thats a bit extreme...
Maigh Eo for Sam

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2013, 01:33:01 PM »

I couldn't disagree more.

LOVE the pray video. Love everything about it, and I would even love an updated version with this year's roster.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2013, 01:35:26 PM »
I couldn't disagree more.

LOVE the pray video. Love everything about it, and I would even love an updated version with this year's roster.

Me to but converse probably owns the script and a million different aspects of it.  And with us on Jordan now they might be a little touchy if we tried to make another version of it.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2013, 01:40:20 PM »
Me to but converse probably owns the script and a million different aspects of it.  And with us on Jordan now they might be a little touchy if we tried to make another version of it.

Nike own converse.

However, you're right, even if MU wanted to do it, I'm sure there are some hoops to jump through to get permission.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2013, 02:07:49 PM »
    What we need is an MUBB version of this awesomeness:[/color]   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9cYcRotufU

awesome!

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2013, 02:17:56 PM »

LOL!
If we're going in the direction of movie spoofs, though, how about "Hoosiers"? That would REALLY explode some heads around here...
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2013, 02:46:52 PM »
Nike own converse.

However, you're right, even if MU wanted to do it, I'm sure there are some hoops to jump through to get permission.

I know they do but aren't Jordan and Converse seperate entities within the Nike brand?  Kinda like MTV and VH1 under viacom? 
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2013, 03:34:25 PM »
   Preach it, Shoe!  What we need is an MUBB version of this awesomeness:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9cYcRotufU

That was the most epic thing I have ever seen ever
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2013, 03:47:53 PM »
I know they do but aren't Jordan and Converse seperate entities within the Nike brand?  Kinda like MTV and VH1 under viacom? 

Well, certainly the brand and marketing teams are different, and they aren't going to just hand stuff to another brand without some authorization.

But, if Jordan/MU REALLY want to use the "pray" thing, then it could happen. Not that difficult to handle, especially under the same parent company.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2013, 05:20:54 PM »
LOL!
If we're going in the direction of movie spoofs, though, how about "Hoosiers"? That would REALLY explode some heads around here...

I am sure Butler has already done that to death.
Have some patience, FFS.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2013, 05:52:32 PM »

If you guys don't know, chick is an accountant by trade. 

I know.  What a waste.

I vote she replaces Ms. Zizzo on the BOT.  We'll never have another 'Gold' problem although I can see Fr. Wild saying 'Now chick, we just can't do that.'

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2013, 06:02:31 PM »
If you guys don't know, chick is an accountant by trade. 

I know.  What a waste.

I vote she replaces Ms. Zizzo on the BOT.  We'll never have another 'Gold' problem although I can see Fr. Wild saying 'Now chick, we just can't do that.'
   I'd never pass the background check.  Once they found those pictures from GDL camp.......
Have some patience, FFS.