[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: madness at the al  (Read 3407 times)

Gwaki

• All American
madness at the al
« on: October 13, 2007, 06:23:47 PM »
its 620 abd there is a nice size line outside the al  it is a nice sight to see

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: madness at the al
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 06:56:45 PM »
its 620 abd there is a nice size line outside the al  it is a nice sight to see

Have a blast!

And if you're able to snake an extra tee (I'll pay you $10 for it!), you'll make one MUScooper happy! :)
SS Marquette

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 07:35:05 PM »
so womens team is out there now.  they look very solid #23 has a great 3 point shot and we are much faster than last year!

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 07:50:42 PM »
so womens team is out there now.  they look very solid #23 has a great 3 point shot and we are much faster than last year!

Tatiyana McMorris...from the N-Y-C!

http://gomarquette.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/mcmorris_tatiyiana00.html

Sounds like a possible PLAYA!

Prior to Marquette: Team captain and four-year letterwinner at John F. Kennedy High School ... Averaged 17 ppg and 6 apg her senior season ... Led the Lady Knights to the PSAL championship and State Federation Class A Championship NY Daily News All-City selection ... Finalist for Daily News City Player of the Year ... listed as a top-five All-New York City athlete in 2007 ... named to Street and Smith's All-America Honorable Mention list in 2006 ... Listed as one of the top-10 players out of the Northeast for the class of `07.

Personal: Born April 18, 1989 ... Daughter of Lorraine and Leon McMorris ... Youngest of five children ... is undecided on major.
SS Marquette

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 07:53:26 PM »

23 is Tatiyiana McMorris from the Bronx.  The women's team recruiting area has broadened a bit since the move to the BE - can't recall them having a recruit from New York in the last 15 years or so (most players are still from the midwest but they're getting some interest from other areas of the country).  #3 Courtney Weibel set the high school record for career three pointers - would be nice to see some good outside shooting this year.  I believe I read that #1 Angel Robinson is the highest rated recruit the MU women have ever gotten.  Lots of new faces this year with five true frosh and a redshirt frosh.  I thought I saw Kelly Lam wasn't playing - anyone know why?

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 08:14:59 PM »
d wade!!!!

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 08:23:55 PM »
d wade!!!!

He's there?!?

I hope he's repping Team Wade.

Wow...I hope Iman and Jared said HELLO!
SS Marquette

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 10:31:45 PM »
that was amazing.  I recorded  Wade's speech and the dunk contest.  I will upload them at a later time.

Me and a couple other students started a We Want Shumpert chant there and it seemed like he was having a good time/

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 10:35:14 PM »
that was amazing.  I recorded  Wade's speech and the dunk contest.  I will upload them at a later time.

Me and a couple other students started a We Want Shumpert chant there and it seemed like he was having a good time/

great update, thx for the report........sounds like a great night

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 11:39:04 PM »
i don't get all the hype about the madness. i went and was thoroughly unimpressed. wade was a nice surprise. it was nice to see the team finally but it was far from spectacular. three point shooting hasn't improved a bit. it was just a lot of loud music and missed dunks.

shaquilvaine

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 11:43:14 PM »
wow muhoosier... to each there own I guess.  I thought this was the best madness event yet and I've gone 4 years in a row.  Less BS this year. Previous years the scrimmage started at 10 PM and we watched students shoot threes and half court shots for prizes for almost an hour.  As a diehard fan who couldn't wait for the season to start, I thought tonight was very well run and a good look at a solid team.  This may be the most athletic MU team I've ever seen and I've been following them for over 30 years.  Despite some rough parts of the scrimmage, I felt good about this team.  Wes was dominant and Trevor brings a force inside we haven't seen in forever.  Trend brought great energy. What's not to like about the night?

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 11:48:44 PM »
You weren't watching MoAck shoot.  He hit some pretty nice 3's and while I'll agree there weren't great percentages for shooting, the intensity was there and this was the first real official practice of the year! they'll gel.  Plus, Crean was more focused on Shumpert than on the practice.  He was sitting on the bench by Shumpert and Nick Williams most of the scrimmage while Wade and Lott 'coached' the scrimmage.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 12:10:51 AM »
i'll agree with what you said, but it just wasn't what was advertised. i didn't really know what to expect, but it lived up to what everyone told me that it was way too long. i was ready to shoot the simon says guy. i did like trend. but there was still just a bunch of bs, sitting around waiting, lost my attention, which was further seen in the mass exodus of people who left after the dunk contest...surprisingly the students stuck around. acker and mbakwe looked good, most everything else was pretty forgettable
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 12:14:28 AM by muhoosier260 »

MileHigh

• Team Captain
  • Go Warriors!
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 12:45:10 AM »
I thought it was a great night.  Alot of students came out, it was being talked up alot around campus.  But there were times when the crowd was out of it.  But overall a success.

Knights04

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 12:52:22 AM »
This was my 4th MM, and I thought the second half of the scrimmage was the best  basketball I had seen at one of these events. MoAck was very impressive with his quickness and distribution of the ball. Plus he knocked down a couple of big threes too. Lazar did a nice job in the lane from 6-8ft. Trevor has great length and looked like a solid defensive presence. I was pleased to see free throw line jumpers from both Burke and Hazel. Hazel has a better shot than I thought me might, but it remains to be seen if he can hit it consistently. Christopherson looked like he was thinking too much out on the court. He seemed out of position a few times on offense. I think a little more practice time will get him more in the flow of things as he did hit a nice three from the wing in the second half.  Overall, I am very pleased with the makeup of the team. I can't wait for the games to start!

Oh, and Nick Williams and Shumpert sat next to each other to whole night and were talking and laughing with each other through most of it. Hopefully that is a good sign. How can you say no when DWade shows up the night you're in town??

Highlight of the night...Soulja Boy's "Crank Dat" song came on and the row of recruits and their families were all dancing, along with half of the people in the crowd. Good stuff.