collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013-14 NHL thread  (Read 68736 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: 2013-14 NHL thread
« Reply #325 on: June 06, 2014, 02:59:26 PM »
I present facts that you can't refute (saying someone is wrong because you say so is not a refutation) and you name drop. Par for the course.

No, you have not provided facts.  You, again, are sourcing wrong in your logic from the very start and that flows through your argument.  Again, take a step back, try one more time.  Your error is your valuation on the seeding for a hint.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #326 on: June 06, 2014, 03:01:18 PM »
Can you give the PhD in mathematics at DePaul Hoopaloop's login credentials so he can just post his findings here for all to read?  Why have him talk to Lenny alone when he can enlighten us all?

You would have to ask the moderators here for that. Don't forget Brad Forester's, BMA, Equalizer, etc, etc that I've been accused of being...maybe those logins also.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #327 on: June 06, 2014, 03:37:09 PM »
No, you have not provided facts.  You, again, are sourcing wrong in your logic from the very start and that flows through your argument.  Again, take a step back, try one more time.  Your error is your valuation on the seeding for a hint.

When trying to come to a logical conclusion one must consider all the variables. Your error is that you have considered only one. You do that often. This leads to one dimensional thinking and conclusions that are the antithesis of logic, the silly meandering of the vainglorious. Breathe, think, rethink, try again. Don't just say something off the top of your head and hold to it in the face of proof to the contrary. Open your mind to change. It will help you live in the present and not yearn for a past that never really was. It will make you happier. I can put you in touch with all sorts of people with all sorts of degrees from all sorts of places who can help you. Would you like me to send you a list?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #328 on: June 07, 2014, 10:12:51 AM »

Well, there you go.  Thanks.  What were the Pens ranked in 08-09 when they beat the Wings?

I've been trying to find this, can't.  I went to game 3 of that series in Pittsburgh as I was at a wedding out in Moon Township and figured while I was there, might as well attend one of the Cup games.  Got my mom to go, her first hockey game ever and it's a Stanley Cup game.  Lot of fun, at the old Igloo.  Penguins won that night.  The atmosphere outside the building was very cool.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2013/3/13/4099158/kangzzz

« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 10:14:23 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #329 on: June 07, 2014, 10:13:50 AM »
Uh oh, maybe the bettors will start to get it now, since some of us were ahead of this curve years ago, looks like it is getting some pub in the last 24 hours.

Get with technology Lenny.

Adjusted Score Fenwick to pick NHL winners

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2014-06-05/stanley-cup-final-rangers-kings-score-adjusted-fenwick-2014-playoffs

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #330 on: June 07, 2014, 09:03:06 PM »
You would have to ask the moderators here for that. Don't forget Brad Forester's, BMA, Equalizer, etc, etc that I've been accused of being...maybe those logins also.

I was more thinking along the lines of the next time you have a beer summit make sure he writes his username and password on his coaster before he leaves

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #331 on: June 07, 2014, 09:08:04 PM »
GABBY!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #332 on: June 07, 2014, 11:53:17 PM »
GABBY!

Fun game to be at tonight.  I've been to 5 different Stanley Cup series in the last 11 years, only seen the home team lose one time in all the games I've been to (I think 9 games).   Good times, my son was pumped.

Then I just get home, and watch Trout take Sale deep for a grand slam in the 8th.  All good.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #333 on: June 08, 2014, 09:44:42 AM »
Fun game to be at tonight.  I've been to 5 different Stanley Cup series in the last 11 years, only seen the home team lose one time in all the games I've been to (I think 9 games).   Good times, my son was pumped.

Then I just get home, and watch Trout take Sale deep for a grand slam in the 8th.  All good.

My team is the Wild, but loved both Gabby and Willie Mitchell while they were here. Love seeing old man Mitchell back at it. Hopefully we can make a better run next season. I don't feel like we're too far away from having a legit chance, but then again our SAF wasn't good this year so we must improve quite a bit. VANEK!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #334 on: June 08, 2014, 06:26:41 PM »
When trying to come to a logical conclusion one must consider all the variables. Your error is that you have considered only one. You do that often. This leads to one dimensional thinking and conclusions that are the antithesis of logic, the silly meandering of the vainglorious. Breathe, think, rethink, try again. Don't just say something off the top of your head and hold to it in the face of proof to the contrary. Open your mind to change. It will help you live in the present and not yearn for a past that never really was. It will make you happier. I can put you in touch with all sorts of people with all sorts of degrees from all sorts of places who can help you. Would you like me to send you a list?

Thanks Lenny....hey, did you read that article about Fenwick yesterday and picking NHL winners.  LOL.

Maybe the funniest thing I've read in the last month or so is how the NHL is the "biggest crap shoot of them all" and yet you also, finally, admitted that of course the better team will likely prevail in a multigame playoff series.

It's wonderful when you admit your defeat, even if it came over the course of several years and in different posts, but the truth has set you free...finally.  I've taken it upon myself to reach out to the dear prof at DePaul on your behalf.  I knew you would be too proud. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #335 on: June 09, 2014, 09:33:50 AM »

Maybe the funniest thing I've read in the last month or so is how the NHL is the "biggest crap shoot of them all" and yet you also, finally, admitted that of course the better team will likely prevail in a multigame playoff series.

Total misrepresentation of what I've said. I don't know if that's due to outright dishonesty or your inability to comprehend the written word. Either way, not surprising for one who wants his "science" to be a slogan that can fit on a tee shirt.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #336 on: June 14, 2014, 12:37:22 AM »
Fenwick Adjusted Score

Champion

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #337 on: June 14, 2014, 08:29:58 AM »
The very deserving fans of SoCal get another one

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #338 on: June 14, 2014, 09:23:12 AM »
Fenwick Adjusted Score

Champion

It's Score-Adjusted Fenwick.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #339 on: June 14, 2014, 10:22:04 AM »
The very deserving fans of SoCal get another one

Meatheads, I'm sure

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #340 on: June 14, 2014, 12:35:13 PM »
It's Score-Adjusted Fenwick.

Quite aware, I've been using it properly for months, but last night didn't.  Oh well.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #341 on: June 15, 2014, 01:30:55 AM »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #342 on: June 15, 2014, 09:31:59 AM »
Yep

They're having a big parade in a few days, the meatheads.  3 Cups in this area in the last 6 or 7 years.  Maybe just keep it down here for now.  That is until the more "deserving" fans get it...like the ones in Chicago that couldn't sell out a game for decades.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #343 on: June 15, 2014, 10:45:35 AM »
They're having a big parade in a few days, the meatheads.  3 Cups in this area in the last 6 or 7 years.  Maybe just keep it down here for now.  That is until the more "deserving" fans get it...like the ones in Chicago that couldn't sell out a game for decades.

You seriously want to go there?  Pretty pathetic attempt at a troll otherwise...

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #344 on: June 15, 2014, 11:01:49 AM »
You seriously want to go there?  Pretty pathetic attempt at a troll otherwise...

One troll deserves another.  Sorry, I find most Chicago fans of Chicago teams to fit the meathead category more than most other cities, so the irony isn't lost on me.  They also claim to be a fantastic sports town, when quite frankly they are like many other sports towns.  When they win, they show up, when they lose, they don't.  

Yes, I'm well aware of old man Wirtz with the Blackhawks and the Cubs phenomenon.  Point is, Chicago is like many other towns.  Win and they arrive, lose and other stuff to do.  

Maybe you should ask MUSoxfan about his trolling attempts.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 11:03:42 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #345 on: June 15, 2014, 09:27:04 PM »
One troll deserves another.  Sorry, I find most Chicago fans of Chicago teams to fit the meathead category more than most other cities, so the irony isn't lost on me.  They also claim to be a fantastic sports town, when quite frankly they are like many other sports towns.  When they win, they show up, when they lose, they don't.  

Yes, I'm well aware of old man Wirtz with the Blackhawks and the Cubs phenomenon.  Point is, Chicago is like many other towns.  Win and they arrive, lose and other stuff to do.  

Maybe you should ask MUSoxfan about his trolling attempts.

Ok, other than the Hawks and Cubs, what leg do you have to stand on?  The Bears fans are diehard in terms of attendance.  The Bulls have been in the top 3-5 in attendance every year for the last decade and have only made it past the Conference Semis once since the late 90s.

Chicago fans are absolutely meatheads.  Not gonna deny that.  They have crazy expectations and try to eat their young too often for my liking, but to call them anything less than diehard is insane.  The Kings had a top 5 team the last 5 years, including winning a Cup, and this is the first year they were in the top 10 in attendance.  They have great crowds, but reports of Kings-related excitement were non existent from my hockey loving friends who live in LA.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #346 on: June 15, 2014, 11:12:41 PM »
Ok, other than the Hawks and Cubs, what leg do you have to stand on?  The Bears fans are diehard in terms of attendance.  The Bulls have been in the top 3-5 in attendance every year for the last decade and have only made it past the Conference Semis once since the late 90s.

Chicago fans are absolutely meatheads.  Not gonna deny that.  They have crazy expectations and try to eat their young too often for my liking, but to call them anything less than diehard is insane.  The Kings had a top 5 team the last 5 years, including winning a Cup, and this is the first year they were in the top 10 in attendance.  They have great crowds, but reports of Kings-related excitement were non existent from my hockey loving friends who live in LA.

I'm old enough to remember the Bulls before the got good, and attendance sucked.  In the early 80's, the Bulls couldn't average 7000 a game.  That's not a typo.  White Sox attendance is pitiful.  Can't even draw 2 million fans the last two years in the 3rd largest city in the country.  This year, White Sox are 28th out of 30 teams.  Only Tampa and Cleveland are worse. 

Bears..please.  It's not hard to get going for 8 home games when most teams are still in it with 2 or 3 games left in the season.  Almost everyone does well with attendance in the NFL.  That is no great feat.

I'm glad you brought in the Kings attendance, I'm not going to deny any of that. In fact, you are wrong, they finished in the top 10, not top 5.  They have NEVER finished in the top 5. As I said, all cities are the same.  It's just that some cities, like Chicago, are in denial about it.  Teams win, and fans suddenly show up.  Teams lose, and they aren't around.  No different, as I said...accurately. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #347 on: June 16, 2014, 08:30:16 AM »
I'm old enough to remember the Bulls before the got good, and attendance sucked.  In the early 80's, the Bulls couldn't average 7000 a game.  That's not a typo.  White Sox attendance is pitiful.  Can't even draw 2 million fans the last two years in the 3rd largest city in the country.  This year, White Sox are 28th out of 30 teams.  Only Tampa and Cleveland are worse. 

Bears..please.  It's not hard to get going for 8 home games when most teams are still in it with 2 or 3 games left in the season.  Almost everyone does well with attendance in the NFL.  That is no great feat.

I'm glad you brought in the Kings attendance, I'm not going to deny any of that. In fact, you are wrong, they finished in the top 10, not top 5.  They have NEVER finished in the top 5. As I said, all cities are the same.  It's just that some cities, like Chicago, are in denial about it.  Teams win, and fans suddenly show up.  Teams lose, and they aren't around.  No different, as I said...accurately. 

The White Sox issues with attendance have nothing to do with being in the 3rd largest city in the country, and that's unfair to put on them.

1. Cubs takeover to the Loop north.
2. Cardinals takeover south of Kankakee County.
3. Their immediate geographical influence area has a household income between $10,000-$15,000. Their geographical fan base doesn't get above poverty level until you get to Cicero Avenue/Oak Lawn/Evergreen Park. That's a 30 minute drive to the Cell.

I'd love for someone to do a study on this type of stuff, but I would imagine the White Sox have one of the greatest struggles to draw given their geographical influence.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #348 on: June 16, 2014, 09:18:19 AM »
The White Sox issues with attendance have nothing to do with being in the 3rd largest city in the country, and that's unfair to put on them.

1. Cubs takeover to the Loop north.
2. Cardinals takeover south of Kankakee County.
3. Their immediate geographical influence area has a household income between $10,000-$15,000. Their geographical fan base doesn't get above poverty level until you get to Cicero Avenue/Oak Lawn/Evergreen Park. That's a 30 minute drive to the Cell.

I'd love for someone to do a study on this type of stuff, but I would imagine the White Sox have one of the greatest struggles to draw given their geographical influence.

Problem with that statement, however, is that when the Sox have been good....low and behold suddenly people find their way to the turnstyles.  In 2006, 36K per game.  Not surprisingly, that was coming off a year when the White Sox won the World Series.

Chicago is like any other town.  Winners supported, losers are not.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #349 on: June 16, 2014, 09:28:38 AM »
Problem with that statement, however, is that when the Sox have been good....low and behold suddenly people find their way to the turnstyles.  In 2006, 36K per game.  Not surprisingly, that was coming off a year when the White Sox won the World Series.

Chicago is like any other town.  Winners supported, losers are not.

Every sports team has fair weather fans, there's no doubt there. Not every Lexus SUV driving soccer mom is a super meathead fan, but is it wrong for them to get excited when the team is on the verge of a championship? If you want to measure a fanbase, attendance when there's a bad product isn't the way. It's the same argument as staying to the end of a blowout.

I was merely stating the case for poor White Sox baseline attendance.