Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: ESPN 2015 Top 60, Noskowiak #58  (Read 3170 times)

Pakuni

• All American
ESPN 2015 Top 60, Noskowiak #58
« on: September 25, 2013, 06:03:25 PM »
Others of note:

Stephen Zimmerman, #2
Diamond Stone, #5
Charles Matthews, #11
Antonio Blankeney, #16
Dwayne Bacon, #43
Henry Ellenson, #49

Curious as to why MU isn't involved with Jalen Brunson (#32) from Lincolnshire, Ill.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2015

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: ESPN 2015 Top 60, Noskowiak #58
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 06:44:51 PM »
Brunson is the real deal. Best high school player ive seen live in a long time. I like his game better then Jabari's to be honest.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 08:31:33 PM »
Why no love for Jaylen Brown, #14?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 08:44:22 PM »
All i know is that I'm going to be checking out some games at Wheeler this year. 

Two top 60 kids with offers from MU and a third listed as "considering."

I'll be sure to be fullly decked out in Marquette gear.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 08:48:08 PM »
Brunson is the real deal. Best high school player ive seen live in a long time. I like his game better then Jabari's to be honest.

Brusnon a NBA Blueblood too.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 09:34:07 PM »
Brusnon a NBA Blueblood too.

Tons of kids whose fathers played NBA basketball and aren't good.

That said, Brunson is a tough kid, nice point guard. Strong/tough for size, but a bit small.
---------------

Really like Alex Owens (UCF commit).

#44 Austin *Grandstaff* - you'll see #45 right behind him is Matt McQuaid. They played travel ball together and I like McQuaid just as much if not more. Good size, excellent 3-point stroke but has an edge / toughness / competitive streak in him.

#2 Zimmerman is very good and I understand why people are so in love with his game. He should turn out to be excellent in a few years. I'm not quite as high on him as others though.. his teammate #37 Chase Jeter is also a 2015, but a year younger in age. Stock will rise.

#13 Brandon Ingram could wind up a top 5 guy (or better). Lanky and a little awkward, but the length and skill is there. Easily one of my favorite players to watch in this class.

Henry at #49 is underrated.

#43 Dwayne Bacon is insanely good and has Marquette written all over his game.

#46 Horace Spencer doesn't get a lot of press because of his travel team, but he is going to be a name heard in college basketball eventually. Energy level and aggressiveness couldn't be higher. Difference maker on defense - just flies after defenders, tough to score around the rim with him in the game. Hope he doesn't get hurt, but with the way he plays... you get scared because he sacrifices his body nonstop. Stupid strong leaper.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 09:58:38 PM »
Tons of kids whose fathers played NBA basketball and aren't good.

That said, Brunson is a tough kid, nice point guard. Strong/tough for size, but a bit small.
---------------

Like Wes Matthews, Crowder, Chris Collins, Curry, Parker and Cassell...maybe add Crawford from NU although that is an NBA official;). Fact is, these kids are another coach on the floor and know what it takes.

I like Brunson over Ulis.  At the size, Ulis doesn't seem to hold up. Every-time I go to see Ulis, he is hurt. Cannot believe Cal went for him (granted, backup option after losing Mudiay but Cal also sees the bigger picture of who follows Ulis with Matthews and Law). The kid (Ulis) has a ton of athletic, offensive talent but is Mo Acker tiny.  Meanstreets has been good to Cal.  Just like his sudden interest in Cohen to get to Stone (and try to split Buzz), Cal has a master plan.  Just don't see Ulis being so highly ranked.  Definitely a Cal halo.

Thoughts on Ulis vs. Brunson?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 10:19:32 PM »
Like Wes Matthews, Crowder, Chris Collins, Curry, Parker and Cassell...maybe add Crawford from NU although that is an NBA official;). Fact is, these kids are another coach on the floor and know what it takes.

I like Brunson over Ulis.  At the size, Ulis doesn't seem to hold up. Every-time I go to see Ulis, he is hurt. Cannot believe Cal went for him (granted, backup option after losing Mudiay but Cal also sees the bigger picture of who follows Ulis with Matthews and Law). The kid (Ulis) has a ton of athletic, offensive talent but is Mo Acker tiny.  Meanstreets has been good to Cal.  Just like his sudden interest in Cohen to get to Stone (and try to split Buzz), Cal has a master plan.  Just don't see Ulis being so highly ranked.  Definitely a Cal halo.

Thoughts on Ulis vs. Brunson?

Those kids might be another coach on the floor, but that's because of them personally. There are tons of children whose father's played, yet they weren't / aren't great players or leaders on the court. Some are, some aren't. That's my point. On balance, would you prefer "NBA bloodlines"? Sure. But it's one potential factor - that's all.

Today, I'd take Ulis. Depends on what you're looking for. Brunson is good, no doubt. But Ulis was able to prove his value to me over the last high school year and this summer. Okafor is another guy who is often hurt when I am trying to see him... but I'd still like him if I was running a program.

Ulis in 2013 EYBL games: 121 ORtg, 26% usage, 52.6% eFG (49.4% 2FG; 39.2% 3FG), FTrate of 44% and FT% of 86.5%. Assist rate of 42%, TO rate of 16%. 3.1% steals while only 1.9 fouls called on him per 40 mins (yes, EYBL is 32 minutes but I prefer to calculate EYBL fouls per 40). Really good.

edit: PS - no Jarvis Johnson on the ESPN list, but keep an eye out for him from an MU perspective as he climbs into it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:36:56 PM by Jay Bee »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback