[Today at 11:42:11 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Father Naus not doing well  (Read 11423 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Father Naus not doing well
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2013, 09:18:35 AM »
RIP Naus Mouse.

I was lucky enough to have him as a professor, as well...taught Oriental Philosophy

Remember this video...Father Naus is in it twice

http://www.marquette.edu/greetings/2008/peace/peace.shtml

drbob

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2013, 09:24:23 AM »
schroeder hall  1968 and 69  great man  always a friend  RIP   always remember midnite masses

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2013, 09:24:49 AM »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2013, 09:28:08 AM »
One more

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/s2f7nEYQ0p4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/s2f7nEYQ0p4</a>

Sir Lawrence

• All American
Ludum habemus.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2013, 11:12:04 AM »
Fr. Naus was the fabric of MU.  First Jesuit I met my 1st day on campus.  What a great ambassador for Marquette.

Took my nephew on a campus tour 2 years ago.  For whatever reason, there were no official tours that day.  Fr. Naus spent 45 minutes telling Christopher the Marquette story.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2013, 12:40:19 PM »
Fr. Naus spent most holidays at our house, which was an absolute blessing.  In his younger days he might arrive dressed as a turkey, a pilgrim or even on a rare occasion, Tumbleweed.  He was the consummate "grandparent"  using us kids to pull pranks on my parents (like telling us my parents were painting our closets so we should take everything out of them to help), getting us riled up and then leaving for the calm and tranquility of the Jes Res.  Early on his Mom would come with him and she had a knack for taking her hearing aid out to survive the storm.  

But he wasn't just a clown...if my parents were on the phone after 10pm it was usually with him.  They could call him at any hour, with any problem and he was there.  My folks turned to him with almost every problem that came from raising 6 kids.  Now with 3 of my own, I am just amazed at how spot on his was with his solution, advice and counsel.  He was brilliant man who really, really understood people.

I got in a little trouble in college with Res Life (not Lax Bro trouble but still) and when my Dad called Naus to take his temperature on it, he just said: "your son's an idiot, the punishment fits the crime".  That really impressed me.  He knew then as he did in most circumstances what measures needed to be taken.  

He was an absolute gift to MU and Milwaukee in general.  He will certainly be missed.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 01:15:27 PM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2013, 12:51:53 PM »
According to JohnnyRev on the Scout board, the visitation will be from 2-7 PM on Thursday at Gesu, with the funeral mass to follow.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2013, 01:20:45 PM »
Look up #FatherNausTaughtMe on twitter and try not to cry. What a great, great guy. RIP, friend.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2013, 01:22:21 PM »
Fr. Naus spent most holidays at our house, which was an absolute blessing.  In his younger days he might arrive dressed as a turkey, a pilgrim or even on a rare occasion, Tumbleweed.  He was the consummate "grandparent"  using us kids to pull pranks on my parents (like telling us my parents were painting our closets so we should take everything out of them to help), getting us riled up and then leaving for the calm and tranquility of the Jes Res.  Early on his Mom would come with him and she had a knack for taking her hearing aid out to survive the storm.  

But he wasn't just a clown...if my parents were on the phone after 10pm it was usually with him.  They could call him at any hour, with any problem and he was there.  My folks turned to him with almost every problem that came from raising 6 kids.  Now with 3 of my own, I am just amazed at how spot on his was with his solution, advice and counsel.  He was brilliant man who really, really understood people.

I got in a little trouble in college with Res Life (not Lax Bro trouble but still) and when my Dad called Naus to take his temperature on it, he just said: "your son's an idiot, the punishment fits the crime".  That really impressed me.  He knew then as he did in most circumstances what measures needed to be taken.  

He was an absolute gift to MU and Milwaukee in general.  He will certainly be missed.

Thanks for sharing those stories...very cool

Goose

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2013, 01:27:31 PM »
Lens

Great addition to the post!

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2013, 03:38:27 PM »
"Remembering Father Naus" in Marquette Magazine

http://marquette.edu/magazine/recent.php?subaction=showfull&id=1379881565

Great stories in the comments section at the bottom

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2013, 08:44:37 PM »
He was simply the best person I will ever have had the pleasure of knowing. I will miss him and getting his Christmas cards immensely

Sawsi

• Starter
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2013, 04:08:53 PM »
He was simply the best person I will ever have had the pleasure of knowing. I will miss him and getting his Christmas cards immensely

Those early Christmas cards were the best and always filled with tons of Naus Mouse stickers and a dollar bill.  He was a great man that meant a lot to my family.

I will never forget when he came to St. Alexanders when I was in 2nd grade and put on a clown show for us younger kids.  He knew how to captivate a room full of rowdy kids that's for sure.

RIP Naus Mouse.