Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Viper
[Today at 04:49:52 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting Tracker  (Read 1635 times)

jmayer1

• All American
Recruiting Tracker
« on: October 10, 2007, 10:13:40 PM »
Now that Ben-Eze is gone, I wanted to get an idea of all the people Marquette is still in the mix for (based on Scout and Rivals Listings):

Shumpert (PG/SG), Mookie Jones (SF), Tyshawn Taylor (PG), and Swopshire (SF) all have official visits coming up.

Renaldo Woolridge (SF) and Quintrell Thomas (PF): both had interest at one time but are now out of the mix I believe.

Various other listed as having interest: Edgar Garibay (C), Maurice Sutton (C), Patrick Jackson (SF), Dion Dixon (SG), Garrett Stutz (C), Brandon Moore (PF), Dominic Rutledge (PF), Jakun Kusmieruk (C), Chris O'Tule (C), Verdell Jones (PG)

Can anybody provide updates on some of these other guys; if they or Marquette actually have any interest.  I have trouble keeping up with all the updates flying around. Maybe a sheet detailing all potential recruits could be made and tacked at the top until recruiting/committment season is over.

spartan3186

• All American
Re: Recruiting Tracker
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 10:16:17 PM »
Check the wiki... it has a list of scholarships mu has offered and their commitments

http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/men_s_basketball_recruits/2008-2009

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 10:17:58 PM »
Thanks, that's very helpful   :)

bma725

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 11:40:38 PM »
Mookie Jones already had his official visit, he was here a few weeks ago.  Reports are all over the board on Taylor, Scout had him listed as coming in for his official last weekend, but it was at the same time that Crean was supposed to be out of town doing a clinic at Ben-Eze's high school. 

Patrick Jackson is out, he never had an offer, and MU did not make his final 6.

Sutton has an offer and MU is his #1 choice, but he was not at the top of MU's list.  That may change with Ben-Eze going elsewhere.  Stutz doesn't have an offer according to Scout, but he is still scheduled to come and I would think he gets one then, Kentucky and UConn are also getting involved.  Otule has an offer, and MU has been going after him hard the last few weeks.

Jakob Kusmierak doesn't have an offer and Scout doesn't list him with MU(though they may not be updated) but I think he's a mid-major guy(maybe even lower mid-major) who had more interest in MU than they had in him.  Garibay is still out there but his stock is dropping because he had a bad summer. MU and the other high majors that were on him are starting to back off.