'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:02:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:43:38 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Rab's blog entry #16  (Read 2055 times)

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Rab's blog entry #16
« on: October 10, 2007, 12:37:45 PM »
also posted entry #15 yesteday tho not really about b-ball..
#16 was a humorous one so thought I'd post it (particularly the obvious falsity of diener being a boar fan)

http://gomarquette.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/082107aad.html
Entry #16 -- October 10, 2007
TXTN

Even though the NCAA has put the "kabosh" on text messaging to recruits, that doesn't mean that "textin'" is still not a huge piece of the communication puzzle when it comes to athletes connecting with their teammates and coaches. We all text message...Coach Crean text messages, he can fire them off as fast as any blackberry equipped head coach in the country. I used to talk to Indiana head coach, Kelvin Sampson, EVERY day...now we text. It's fast...it's non invasive and everyone is doing it. Texting does have its pitfalls `tho...we once thought that the roads were more dangerous because of people driving while talking on their cell phones...now they're TEXTING and driving. And if you are not up to speed with the lastest "text lingo"...some messages can leave you dazed and confused. Read on below and you'll see what I mean.

A while back I wanted to check in on Travis Diener (a fine texter himself) and see how life with the Indiana Pacers was treating him...

Rab: TD... ?4U...?NU w/U&DA PCR's? (Travis, question for you...what's new with you and the the Pacers?)

Travis: ADAD...BAU... (Another day another dollar...business as usual)

Rab: PXT (Please explain that)

Travis: BM&Y...ILUV CCHOB SYS (Between me and you...I love Coach O'Brien's system)

Rab: XLNT!! (Excellent!!)

Travis: I LV PCT EVYDY SETE (I leave practice everyday smiling ear to ear)

Rab: LKS LKE UL B BCK'N UP JT (Looks like you'll be backing up Jamaal Tinsley?)

Travis: PROLLY (Probably)

Rab: SLAP (Sounds like a plan)

Travis: ?RU & MUBB DOIN? (How are you and the team doing?)

Rab: TM LKS GR8...DJ, WM & JM R DOMN8NG DA ACTN (The team looks great...Dominic, Wes and Jerel are dominating the action)

Travis: AIGHT...ILL KMFC (Alright...I'll keep my fingers crossed)

Rab: DQMOT BT WE HVA CHNC 2 MK SM NSE N MAR (Don't quote me on this, but we have a chance to make some noise in March)

Travis: ?BG N DA BE...ND, CUSE, PITT, GT @ VILLE? (Who will be good in the Big East? Notre Dame, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Georgetown and Louisville?)

Rab: DNT FGT UCONN & DP (Don't forget Connecticut and DePaul)

Travis: @TEOTD NOVA WL B A FCTR 2 (At the end of the day Villanova will be a factor too)

Rab: FYI...MM IS SAT @ AL (For your information...Marquette Madness is Saturday at the Al McGuire Center)

Travis: GL! (Good luck!)

Rab: THX...?DUTHK...PCKR's 2 SB? (Thanks...what do you think...Packers to the Super Bowl?)

Travis: DEGT...U NO IMA CHIBR's FN (Don't even go there...you know I am a Chicago Bears fan)

Rab: ME2...GMTA (Me too...great minds think alike)

Travis: AIGHT RAB IGTG (Alright Coach Rab, I got to go)

Rab: OK...GL/HF...H2CUS IN MKE (Ok...good luck and have fun...hope to see you soon in Milwaukee)

TTYL...UNTL NXT TME, KP UP DA SUPORT ON DA OTSDE...IMA KP U "BLGD" ON DA INSDE.

(Talk to you later...until next time, keep up the support on the outside...I'll keep you "blogged" on the inside)
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Rab's blog entry #16
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 12:50:04 PM »
Uhhh...TD IS a Bears fan...

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=130786
Ask Diener how he could grow up less than an hour from Lambeau Field in Green Bay yet become a die-hard Chicago Bears fan, and he manages a response that even a Packers fan could live with.

"I've been trying to answer that my whole life," he said. "I think when I was a little kid, the Bears were pretty successful, and I was only 3 years old when they won the Super Bowl, but my parents told me I was watching that game and I've been hooked ever since.

"And up from where I'm from, a lot of people like the Packers, so I just wanted to be an outsider, I guess. I still like the Packers. I love Brett Favre, but I'm a die-hard Bears fan."

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 12:52:58 PM »
uhhh no.. he just thinks he is ;)
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 12:53:12 PM »
yeah when they used to post a mini bio of travis on the jumbotron at games, his favorite team (period) was listed as the chicago bears.  he's also a white sox fan...

FrennA

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 02:34:47 PM »

He would also have posted on the jubotron as "Urlacher" for his favorite professional athlete.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 02:46:04 PM »
yeah when they used to post a mini bio of travis on the jumbotron at games, his favorite team (period) was listed as the chicago bears.  he's also a white sox fan...

I love the kid even more.
We Are Marquette