Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUDPT
[Today at 07:05:44 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Who would replace Bill Self at Kansas?  (Read 8922 times)

MARQKC

• Starter
Who would replace Bill Self at Kansas?
« on: August 07, 2013, 04:41:30 PM »
Here's one guy's opinion:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1730473-where-would-kansas-jayhawks-turn-for-head-coach-if-bill-self-bolted-for-nba

We need to get used to stories like this. For all the reasons in the article, reports, rumors and "insiders say" speculations next March are going to be hell, especially if we do anything respectable in the conference, which we probably will. Every opening in a top 25 program will have Buzz at the top of the list.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
Re: Who would replace Bill Self at Kansas?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 05:17:32 PM »
WOW  not even mid April and your starting this?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 05:32:08 PM »
Yeah, but at least he started it with a link to the ever-reliable Bleacher Report.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 05:38:34 PM »
Yeah, but at least he started it with a link to the ever-reliable Bleacher Report.

Seriously: Do not link, mention, tweet, follow, or even click anything that disaster posts. If everyone starves it, then perhaps it might die.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 06:10:50 PM »
WTF?!?  SON OF A MOTHER CITIZEN BROWN BAG?!?! @#@$%

Why the hell is Buzz still listed on these things.  This article makes me mad!  (I know, it's BR, but still makes me mad that the perception is that we are some feeder school).

Will it take Buzz turning down every single one of the six blue bloods for people to realize this?  One down (UCLA), five to go.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 06:47:43 PM »
Here's one guy's opinion:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1730473-where-would-kansas-jayhawks-turn-for-head-coach-if-bill-self-bolted-for-nba

We need to get used to stories like this. For all the reasons in the article, reports, rumors and "insiders say" speculations next March are going to be hell, especially if we do anything respectable in the conference, which we probably will. Every opening in a top 25 program will have Buzz at the top of the list.

It's been about a month since we've seen a "Buzz to ____________" post. Thanks for breaking that dry spell.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 06:51:46 PM »

Well done

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 07:16:59 PM »
Mark Turgeon would come running home.

But Self ain't leaving anytime soon.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 08:32:11 PM »
People on Scoop still click on links that go to Bleacher Report...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 08:36:17 PM »
WTF?!?  SON OF A MOTHER CITIZEN BROWN BAG?!?! @#@$%

Why the hell is Buzz still listed on these things.  This article makes me mad!  (I know, it's BR, but still makes me mad that the perception is that we are some feeder school).

Will it take Buzz turning down every single one of the six blue bloods for people to realize this?  One down (UCLA), five to go.

Buzz turned down UCLA?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 08:45:56 PM »
Kinda like Coach Clover turned down Illinois.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 08:49:07 PM »
If you don't think Buzz would leave for one of the Bluebloods, then I would like to sell you some land in FL or a bridge in Brooklyn...

Why the hell is Buzz still listed on these things.  This article makes me mad!  (I know, it's BR, but still makes me mad that the perception is that we are some feeder school).

Will it take Buzz turning down every single one of the six blue bloods for people to realize this?  One down (UCLA), five to go.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 08:49:14 PM »
If you see 'Begin Slideshow" on any article you may be taking serious, just close the window.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 08:49:33 PM »
Seriously: Do not link, mention, tweet, follow, or even click anything that disaster posts. If everyone starves it, then perhaps it might die.

+1.

Don't read it.

Don't link to it.

Ignore it completely.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 09:27:03 PM »
If you don't think Buzz would leave for one of the Bluebloods, then I would like to sell you some land in FL or a bridge in Brooklyn...

He's need to turn us into a blue blood equivelant soon but it's possible Jim Calhoun and Billy Donovan never left their places which are modern blue blood equivalents
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 09:32:08 PM »
I think we should lobby Rocky and Spiral to create an auto-correct  .. bleacherreport.com -> terriblewebsite.com

🏀

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 09:33:59 PM »
I think we should lobby Rocky and Spiral to create an auto-correct  .. bleacherreport.com -> terriblewebsite.com

Please do. I'll even start a Kickstarter campaign.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 09:34:47 PM »
There are some legitimate sportswriters now on Bleacher, problem is they have a bunch that aren't, but they are thinning some of those guys out.  Some guys are now writing for Bleacher while also writing for major sports publications.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 10:49:11 PM »
Buzz to Kansas!
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 01:13:16 AM »

We are a feeder school for Blue Bloods. We may not like it but there are at least 15 or so jobs that are more desirable than Marquette. Kansas, definitely one of them. I'm not saying that anytime a blue blood comes calling a coach will leave, but we shouldn't take it as a slight (Buzz to SMU though...that was a slight). Coaching is an occupation and any one of us would jump at the chance to work for a more prestigious company in our respective fields if the conditions were right.

Buzz has been one of the winningest coaches of the past five years. He is ALWAYS going to be at the center of the coaching carousel rumors. From now until the day he either retires or accepts a job at a blue blood institution. Might as well get used to it. I'm not saying he will leave (there's more to coaching than your school's prestige) but people will always wonder.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ResidentBrown

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 04:30:45 AM »
I think we are on the cusp of being prestigious enough to hang on to a coach like Buzz. With a few big years, we could at least reach the level of Georgetown, or maybe even Syracuse, Arizona. Not "blue blood", but on the next tier. Georgetown isn't considered a blue blood by anyone, but their fans aren't having anxiety attacks around the clock about GTIII being hired away from them (although the legacy might have something to do with that too).

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 07:01:57 AM »
We need to get used to stories like this.

Where have you been the past 5 years? When writers were saying Buzz was leaving for Alabama, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Maryland, SMU, UCLA, and Illinois, where were you? For this to remotely be news, it would have to be new. At best, this is olds. We've been down this road before and will continue to go down it until Buzz either leaves, retires, or turns down enough blue bloods (say KU, UK, and Duke) to convince writers he's really not going anywhere.

I'll refrain from piling on the sheer idiocy of posting anything from bleacherreport as though it's worth reading, since everyone else beat me to that punch.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 08:38:28 AM »
I think we are on the cusp of being prestigious enough to hang on to a coach like Buzz. With a few big years, we could at least reach the level of Georgetown, or maybe even Syracuse, Arizona. Not "blue blood", but on the next tier. Georgetown isn't considered a blue blood by anyone, but their fans aren't having anxiety attacks around the clock about GTIII being hired away from them (although the legacy might have something to do with that too).

I think it has everything to do with that.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 08:39:06 AM »
If Buzz left Marquette Bill Self would be my first call, then Brad Autry.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2013, 08:40:54 AM »
If you see 'Begin Slideshow" on any article you may be taking serious, just close the window.

If the title is something like "hottest cheerleaders in the SEC", I usually click through.