Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sandy Cohen Commits  (Read 33761 times)

GoldenBoy16

• Walk-On
Re: Sandy Cohen Commits
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2013, 04:12:32 PM »
Keep it up Buzz!!!

jeffreyweee

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 04:22:45 PM »
I REALLY like this kid. Hopefully we can turn some of these great consecutive classes into a final four or further run pretty quick here. Our string of NCAA appearances shouldn't be threatened for a long time.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2013, 05:23:51 PM »
As Previously mentioned----JUST A GOOD SOLID PLAYER. (Traditional Maybe) We need this. Good Basketball Skills. One thing, he can shoot.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2013, 05:56:12 PM »
Great addition. I'll admit I started getting nervous when Izzo and Cal were watching, but clearly Cohen wasn't kidding when he called Marquette his dream school. With Wilson, Cohen, and Noskowiak that's top-100 PGs in 3 consecutive classes. Here's hoping we can add LaChance and a big that is ready to contribute from day one.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2013, 06:09:10 PM »
Buzz is adding PG's with size.   DuWilson, Dawson, Cohen all have enough size to guard other positions on the floor.    All can also shoot.    I can picture two PG's and Deonte out there with Taylor and a TBD big.    Mmmmmmmm
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2013, 06:21:50 PM »
Great addition. I'll admit I started getting nervous when Izzo and Cal were watching, but clearly Cohen wasn't kidding when he called Marquette his dream school. With Wilson, Cohen, and Noskowiak that's top-100 PGs in 3 consecutive classes. Here's hoping we can add LaChance and a big that is ready to contribute from day one.

Is MU going after LaChance?  Honestly, I hadn't heard that MU was in the picture with him.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2013, 07:08:10 PM »
Is MU going after LaChance?  Honestly, I hadn't heard that MU was in the picture with him.

Twitter reports from Jerry Meyer said Buzz watched him personally at least twice in the past week. Not sure yet how serious the interest is, but MU is definitely paying attention to LaChance. And it sounds like he has been seriously upping his game.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2013, 07:17:06 PM »
Awesome news! Welcome to the family Sandy. Following up 2013 with another strong class. I smell a dynasty in the works
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2013, 07:19:57 PM »
Twitter reports from Jerry Meyer said Buzz watched him personally at least twice in the past week. Not sure yet how serious the interest is, but MU is definitely paying attention to LaChance. And it sounds like he has been seriously upping his game.

If it weren't for the number of point guards we have added over the last couple of years there may be an offer extended to LaChance by Marquette, and he would most likely accept, but because of that Marquette has not offered and likely will not.  Missouri, Creighton, and Butler have all offered and it sounds like Xavier may be next.  There is a good chance he ends up in the Big East, but more likely than not it will be for someone other than Marquette.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2013, 07:51:37 PM »
I think it's entirely possible we don't end up with LaChance for that reason. I still think another PG would be beneficial. In addition, guys like Duane and Cohen both seem like they could play the off guard as well. With Buzz's switchable philosophy, bringing in switchable points will only serve to improve the diversity of our lineup. In addition, Buzz has had success running multiple points before and with the size and athleticism of these guys it would likely be even more successful than it was with Mo and Cooby.

I am sure Cohen's commitment wasn't a surprise to Buzz. He likely knew this was coming and was still watching LaChance. He wouldn't be there in person if there wasn't some interest on Marquette's part. It may still be the feeling out process, but I don't think Buzz watches someone if there isn't some sincere interest.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2013, 08:20:00 PM »
Bird is the word!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2013, 08:33:32 PM »
Welcome to Marquette, Sandy!

We look forward to seeing you mature over your four years here!

;D
SS Marquette

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2013, 10:58:38 PM »
I'm watching '15 Nick N now in Vegas... as for '14s.. not sure in Q Moore. Saw him a bit this week. Jabari Craig I like; watched him a games

Playground Warriors v I4 Elite 16's coming up now... I4 Elite's Caleb Swanigan (playing up.. He's a 2016) may be a better rebounding Davante
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2013, 11:17:26 PM »
I'm watching '15 Nick N now in Vegas... as for '14s.. not sure in Q Moore. Saw him a bit this week. Jabari Craig I like; watched him a games

Playground Warriors v I4 Elite 16's coming up now... I4 Elite's Caleb Swanigan (playing up.. He's a 2016) may be a better rebounding Davante

Has Nick's team played yet?  How does he look?  Is his shot form still kind of weird/slow like it was in the only youtube video of him (from his freshman year, I believe)?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2013, 11:20:34 PM »
Has Nick's team played yet?  How does he look?  Is his shot form still kind of weird/slow like it was in the only youtube video of him (from his freshman year, I believe)?

His shot looked good in Mequon last week. It's definitely quicker and he has a good release point. Nice pull up jumper too.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2013, 11:29:01 PM »
Alright alright alright.

<need photo>

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2013, 12:08:48 AM »
Nick hits w-1.5 left. 54-53 win
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2013, 12:23:15 AM »
Would have happened a long time ago if his coach hadn't asked him to wait until the end of AAU season.......it was always MU...

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20130727/GPG0211/307270306

So when Marquette coach Buzz Williams offered a scholarship to the 6-foot-6 Seymour standout at the end of April, Cohen was all but ready to make his verbal commitment right then.

However, Seymour coach Jon Murphy told Cohen to wait until his AAU season was complete.

Cohen, who has received more than 20 NCAA Division I offers in recent months, finished his AAU season with the Playground Elite team on Saturday in Orlando, Fla., and called Murphy about an hour later.

“He called me and said, ‘I think I’m going to commit. What do you think?’ ” Murphy said. “I told him if you want to do it and put an end to this recruiting circus, just do it. I saw about 10 minutes later then that he committed.”

Man I LOVE this kid!!  Honors his word to his coach and he can't wait to get here. 

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2013, 06:24:54 AM »
Man I LOVE this kid!!  Honors his word to his coach and he can't wait to get here. 
Agree completely!  Welcome to MU Sandy.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2013, 06:51:03 AM »
I love that he was excited about MU from the beginning, he repeatedly told everybody why, he took his time and considered his other options, and then he still stayed true to his MU gut feeling.

A great get by Buzz, and potentially a great ambassador for the program.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2013, 07:05:37 AM »
If it weren't for the number of point guards we have added over the last couple of years there may be an offer extended to LaChance by Marquette, and he would most likely accept, but because of that Marquette has not offered and likely will not.  Missouri, Creighton, and Butler have all offered and it sounds like Xavier may be next.  There is a good chance he ends up in the Big East, but more likely than not it will be for someone other than Marquette.

FYI, From a Dave Telep ESPN Insider blog:
I'd like to put this on the record. If I were an assistant coach, the last thing I'd want to have to say about ESPN 100 point guard Riley LaChance (Brookfield, Wis./Brookfield Central) is, "We could have had him." He's that guy who gets passed over and comes back and makes you pay. LaChance isn't just a shooter -- though he is a lights-out shooter -- he's also a playmaker and a tough customer. Marquette is the place he'd like to be, but he knows the Golden Eagles brought in a point guard in 2013 and have another committed in 2015. Timing is everything, and Marquette’s depth at the position doesn't favor an opening. Davidson, Drake and Missouri are on him the hardest -- Davidson and Drake deployed the big guns Friday afternoon -- and Oklahoma State, San Diego and Indiana State have also offered.

I also read Creighton offered him in the last couple of days.

MarkMiller

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2013, 09:36:08 AM »
Butler, Creighton and Utah have also offered LaChance.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2013, 09:42:37 AM »
Alright, alright, alright!

adds some great length on d, we'll see how his offense develops.  Nice job staff!

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2013, 09:56:02 AM »
May well turn out to be a fine player, but from a make up perspective, I personally don't think LeChance is Buzz Ball material.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2013, 10:06:08 AM »
I love that he was excited about MU from the beginning, he repeatedly told everybody why, he took his time and considered his other options, and then he still stayed true to his MU gut feeling.

A great get by Buzz, and potentially a great ambassador for the program.

MU was the ONLY option for Sandy from his perspective--he was pretty clear on that.

Great in-state recruit--again.  Great job Buzz.