Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Buycks continues to make most of opportunities  (Read 969 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: [Paint Touches] Buycks continues to make most of opportunities
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 03:23:41 PM »
Hats off to Buycks, another Buzz guy who arrived on campus a 10,000-1 longshot and made the NBA. Nobody has produced as many unlikely association  players in the last 5 years (McNeal (majority of credit to TC), Mathews, Lazar, JFB, DJO, Crowder and now Buycks). Remarkable (unprecedented?) in such a short time.

brandx

Re: [Paint Touches] Buycks continues to make most of opportunities
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 04:06:53 PM »
Hats off to Buycks, another Buzz guy who arrived on campus a 10,000-1 longshot and made the NBA. Nobody has produced as many unlikely association  players in the last 5 years (McNeal (majority of credit to TC), Mathews, Lazar, JFB, DJO, Crowder and now Buycks). Remarkable (unprecedented?) in such a short time.

I disagree with the 10,00 to 1 shot. All you had to do was watch Dwight a few times to see that he was a "baller". But he wasn't a point guard and wasn't a switchable so sometimes it looked like he was playing his own game at Marquette.

In Dwight's case, I give him all of the credit rather than MU. He realized the only way to the NBA was as a point guard and was willing to put in the work to get there. 6'2" shooting guards don't make it in the league (i.e. Stephen Curry) so DB took the route that was available.

By contrast, Vander didn't display near the overall basketball skills and instincts that Dwight did. I don't know if anyone (scouts, coaches, etc.) believe Vander can make it as a point guard.

feedback