'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wooden Bracket  (Read 6032 times)

Tigidal

• Starter
Wooden Bracket
« on: July 17, 2013, 10:14:05 AM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/86503/bracket-reveal-wooden-legacy

"Title-game prediction: Creighton over Marquette.

This could very well be a preview of the first new Big East title game. Either the Bluejays, with McDermott back in the fold, or the Golden Eagles, hot off their Elite Eight run, ought to be favored to win the conference.

Who others are picking:

Eamonn Brennan: Marquette over Creighton
Jeff Goodman: Creighton over Marquette
Andy Katz: Creighton over Marquette
Jason King: Marquette over Creighton
Myron Medcalf: Marquette over Creighton"

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Wooden Bracket
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 10:55:04 AM »
See, always knew Katz was biased.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 11:04:17 AM »
See, always knew Katz was biased.

Putting us on ESPN2 not ESPN...shows a clear hatred of the New Big East.  I am enraged.  I also have a sick feeling the Journal Sentinel is going to lead with the Packers-Lions Thanksgiving game and not MU-Cal-State Fullerton.  More hate.  I am now really enraged.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 11:13:02 AM »
We could see Donnovan Kirk again, who graduated from DePaul this past season.
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/06/13/3448137/donnavan-kirk-to-rejoin-miami.html
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 11:13:44 AM »
I'm looking forward to a screenshot of Chicos in the stands in his I4 attire.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 11:19:49 AM »
Putting us on ESPN2 not ESPN...shows a clear hatred of the New Big East.  I am enraged.  I also have a sick feeling the Journal Sentinel is going to lead with the Packers-Lions Thanksgiving game and not MU-Cal-State Fullerton.  More hate.  I am now really enraged.
Of course JS will cover the Packers. The Old Spice Tourney runs on ESPN in the day.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 11:30:39 AM »
Of course JS will cover the Packers. The Old Spice Tourney runs on ESPN in the day.

Seems like a pro-Badger conspiracy to me if MJS decides to lead with the Packers over MU vs. Cal State Fullerton.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 11:39:46 AM »
So does the first game count as an away game towards RPI? I have to imagine it does since we are in CS-Fullerton's gym.

While we should win the game, not sure I'm wild about an away game in a tournament...

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 11:42:17 AM »

I own one IU sweatshirt, probably 75 MU t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, etc.  Sorry to burst your bubble.  Will be going to game with many Cal State Fullerton grads here at the office.  We're going to enjoy it.  Fortunately Fullerton is all about baseball and baseball only, so despite the fact the game will be played about 5 miles from their campus, I don't anticipate many Titans fans there.

I will be rooting for Maurice Creek, however.  That kid has had some terrible injuries and hope he does well in his final year.

Don't be surprised to see San Diego State sneak up on some folks and possibly win it.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 11:44:47 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 11:45:36 AM »
Seems like a pro-Badger conspiracy to me if MJS decides to lead with the Packers over MU vs. Cal State Fullerton.

Todd Rosiak would never have allowed this!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 12:34:36 PM by Pakuni »

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 11:45:52 AM »
Fortunately Fullerton is all about baseball and baseball only, so despite the fact the game will be played about 5 miles from their campus, I don't anticipate many Titans fans there.

First two round are ON the Cal-State Fullerton campus. Only the championship game is at the Honda Center.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 12:11:44 PM »
First two round are ON the Cal-State Fullerton campus. Only the championship game is at the Honda Center.

Gotcha, then that means they will have 100 people there.   ;)    Honestly, they average about 1,000 a game or so when I've been there...maybe a tick higher, but they don't draw very well. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 12:19:44 PM »
Cal State Fullerton had an ugly RPI 270.. but not a super-super awful win loss record...

What might playing them mean for Marquette's RPI? A look at it HERE.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 01:34:31 PM »
Don't be surprised to see San Diego State sneak up on some folks and possibly win it.

They are definitely the third best team in the field...but I don't think they have much of a shot. This is the BEast's tournament to lose. SDSU lost three starters including do it all wunderkid Franklin (lead scorer, rebounder, assistman, and thief) and their top bench player. Their incoming class is...underwhelming. I don't think they make the tournament this season. But they will have home court advantage...so you never know.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 03:37:37 PM »
3-3 split on us and Creighton pretty predictable who went with who.

Oneill and Medcalf cover/MU less of the 6 so they were toss up.

King and Breannon are always high on his.

Kats and Goodman always see the talent but usually have us losing that close match up.

Lot's of times that means we win :)

Sadly.......that would just be the 1st of like 4 potential Creighton match ups lol.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 03:42:40 PM »
Sadly.......that would just be the 1st of like 4 potential Creighton match ups lol.

We actually could meet them five times.  Don't forget the NCAA tournament.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 04:15:21 PM »
Looks like we'll have to get past Miami and Creighton will have to beat San Diego St for an MU-Creighton title game to happen. Not exactly a sure thing.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 04:26:10 PM »

Looking forward to stories of backyard beer summits.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 04:31:24 PM »
Looks like we'll have to get past Miami and Creighton will have to beat San Diego St for an MU-Creighton title game to happen. Not exactly a sure thing.
Miami lost a ton from last season.  It's not a sure thing the Canes can get past George Washington.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 04:34:53 PM »
I just do not see Creighton winning this conference. They can score, sure, but they can't defend much.

They're are the most ill-prepared talent-wise of all the three newcomers and will be most in need of uping their recruiting success.

Don't sleep on Xavier, they've been recruiting at a Big East type level for a while now.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 04:39:37 PM »
Looking forward to stories of backyard beer summits.

I'm sure there will be plenty of wheat beer so he can show off the orange tree in his backyard
Bring back FFP!!!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 04:41:34 PM »

It seems like the title sponsor bailed .

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 04:47:24 PM »
I'm sure there will be plenty of wheat beer so he can show off the orange tree in his backyard

A couple of lemon trees, a few orange trees.  So bring over the Hefeweizen as well if you wish. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 04:52:56 PM »
It seems like the title sponsor bailed .

"Title" sponsorship was a throw-in the last few years for purchasing a certain amount of ad space.  It wasn't like companies were lining up to sponsor that tournament, be it Union76 or Directv.  Basically if you bought enough stuff they said they would package in the title sponsor of the tournament.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 06:24:10 PM »
I just do not see Creighton winning this conference. They can score, sure, but they can't defend much.

They're are the most ill-prepared talent-wise of all the three newcomers and will be most in need of uping their recruiting success.

Don't sleep on Xavier, they've been recruiting at a Big East type level for a while now.

This is all very true. Creighton can score but the defense is shaky even McDermott. If Jamil plays agressive he should be able to take it right too him. Our size will be a pain too and every MU team gets to the line. That won't change with OX still on the roster.

Xavier overall probably wont challenge this year but will have the able any given game to get you and you are right they recruit at a high level as is so the jump is nothing for them.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....