[June 09, 2024, 08:44:46 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by 4everwarriors
[June 09, 2024, 08:25:23 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 09, 2024, 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[June 09, 2024, 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Is Wisky the new ND?  (Read 2174 times)

Harrison

• Team Captain
Is Wisky the new ND?
« on: October 06, 2007, 02:39:25 PM »
Is Wisky the new ND?

Weak schedule, vastly overated every season, 80% of games are at home, weekly squeakers against far inferior teams, refuse to play anyone of consequence out of conference, lose to the good teams they play. 

Sounds just like the team out of South Bend...i would love to here a Bud light deal on UW-M.

79Warrior

• All American
Re: Is Wisky the new ND?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 02:49:52 PM »
Is Wisky the new ND?

Weak schedule, vastly overated every season, 80% of games are at home, weekly squeakers against far inferior teams, refuse to play anyone of consequence out of conference, lose to the good teams they play. 

Sounds just like the team out of South Bend...i would love to here a Bud light deal on UW-M.

Don't see us playing any football.

ozmetal71

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 04:23:10 PM »
It would be tough for ND to play anyone of consequence out of conference considering that they are independent, so you are right on that one.

The Big Ten is overrated every year, without a doubt.  Wisconsin in particular is overrated every year, far more so than Notre Dame.

Notre Dame plays USC and Michigan every year, and almost always plays a third or fourth big game.  Also, they do not play 80% of their games at home.  7 home games and five away.  Michigan plays 8 home games this year, yet there is no criticism for that.  Finally, 4 out of the first 6 games for ND this year are away games.  Try that schedule with a team dominated by underclassmen.

Weekly squeakers against far inferior teams?  What evidence is there for that?  Look at 2005, ND killed everyone they beat except for Stanford.  ND struggled against MSU and UCLA last year, fine, but for the past two years by and large, when ND won, they won big.

Look, I get it that most of the people on this board hate ND with a passion and love that ND has its worst football team in 50 years.  I just think that a school that doesn't even play football should keep its mouth shut and not criticize other football schools.

Let's concentrate on beating ND on the basketball court this year and leave the football comments alone.  Yes, it is nice to see ND have to eat some humble pie(even me, an avid ND football fan admit that ND is awash in arrogance), but gloating over it makes one look like they have an inferiority complex.

Anyways, the common point that you and I can agree on Harrison is that Wisconsin sucks.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 05:14:23 PM »
and they get EVERY call in every game. There were three blatantly wrong calls in the second half today, and every single one of them went Wisky's way. You expect that crap at home but they get it on the road, too.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 09:16:32 AM »
and they get EVERY call in every game. There were three blatantly wrong calls in the second half today, and every single one of them went Wisky's way. You expect that crap at home but they get it on the road, too.

well if that is the case than wisky is the anti-notre dame because notre dame never gets any calls in its favor.  i was at the nd-purdue game last week 20 rows up from the 50 yard line and it was clear that the officials were giving nd absolutely horrible spots while pu was getting generous spots.

also, nd does not play a weak schedule.  unlike osu/mich/wisc they play their "easier" games at the end of the year instead of the beginning.  and also unlike osu/mich/wisc, you will never see a division 1-AA team on NDs schedule.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 12:42:41 PM »
agreed. Wisky would go 6-5 or 5-6 every year playing ND's schedule.

Bob "Big Daddy" Wild

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 11:18:07 AM »
I am the furthest thing you will find from an ND fan, but they play the toughest schedule this side of the SEC almost every year.  They have USC and Michigan, two top 5 contenders, every year, plus always rotate in other solid Big 10 teams such as Penn St, Purdue, and Mich St.  And I know people always complain how the Big 10 sucks, and well, this year it definitely does, but I think ND just signed a big contract to play Oaklahoma each year.

OU, Michigan, and USC every year - yikes.  That is a BCS Championship team if they run the table - only to most likely get blown out by whatever team wins the SEC that year.
Former president.  Part-time MUScooper.

feedback