[September 20, 2024, 07:45:48 PM]

Big East 2024 -25 Results by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 06:05:27 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by MU82
[September 20, 2024, 12:31:28 PM]

Excellent Mr Dodds Interview with Ben Gold by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 08:52:59 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Analyzing Marquette’s transfers under Buzz Williams  (Read 9167 times)

PaintTouches

• All American
Transfers have been common under Buzz but have they been abnormal? We did some digging and found that while not troubling in general, there are a few places Marquette could use improvement. http://bit.ly/12qg2Wj

We also created a table with all 12 transfers tracking there locations and achievements since moving away from Milwaukee. http://bit.ly/133r4AC

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
A couple of those players were asked to leave after having serious off-court problems that were not publicized.

Jay Bee

• All American
When will you be unveiling the JUCO "Squirmy" Tracker?
The FBI screwed up in Butler, PA.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
I just don't see Roseboro, Newbill, Durley, or Taylor as transfers. Maybe technically they are but talk about stretching limits.

Forgot about McMorrow. "Medically Incapacitated". Ha.

Clam Crowder

• All American
Newbill and Maymon are the only 2 I wish didnt leave particularly Newbill. He would be a good piece on this current team.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Newbill and Maymon are the only 2 I wish didnt leave particularly Newbill. He would be a good piece on this current team.

The problem with Newbill is no Jamil Wilson, since Jamil took Newbill's scholarship.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Benny B

• All American
The problem with Newbill is no Jamil Wilson, since Jamil took Newbill's scholarship.

But.... but....  but.... the "we'd be better if Newbill was on the team" argument is infallible.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MerrittsMustache

• All American

Also, no Crowder if Maymon stays.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Transfers have been common under Buzz but have they been abnormal? We did some digging and found that while not troubling in general, there are a few places Marquette could use improvement. http://bit.ly/12qg2Wj

We also created a table with all 12 transfers tracking there locations and achievements since moving away from Milwaukee. http://bit.ly/133r4AC

North Texas' head coach is Tony Benford, not Tony Bennett.

Shooter Flatch

• Starter
Is there more to the Erik Williams story?

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
Re: [Paint Touches] Analyzing Marquette’s transfers under Buzz Williams
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 10:07:57 AM »
Missing:

Tevor Mbakwe and the rapist who was accepted then had the scholly pulled (cant remember his name).  Using the criteria of transfers in this article, they should be included no?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 10:27:13 AM »
I just don't see Roseboro, Newbill, Durley, or Taylor as transfers. Maybe technically they are but talk about stretching limits.

Forgot about McMorrow. "Medically Incapacitated". Ha.

MU offered scholarships and those kids accepted. If they change schools, that's a transfer.

I don't say that to be a dick, but those are the facts. It's not arbitrary.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 10:29:14 AM »
Missing:

Tevor Mbakwe and the rapist who was accepted then had the scholly pulled (cant remember his name).  Using the criteria of transfers in this article, they should be included no?

Mbakwe was a Crean recruit & chose to leave rather than play for Buzz.

I don't know how you want to classify that.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 10:30:11 AM »
MU offered scholarships and those kids accepted. If they change schools, that's a transfer.

Transfers need to sit out a year.  I don't believe anyone on that list had to sit out at all.  In that regard they are not viewed as transfers, rather individuals who changed their mind before officially committing to the University.

So no...they are not transfers.  

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 10:33:53 AM »
I don't see Newbill as a transfer, transfer to me implies that they decide to leave his scholarship was pulled.  And McMorrow I don't see either, he was medically unable to compete and left for a stronger broadcasting school (was what I was told years ago). 
Maigh Eo for Sam

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 10:40:10 AM »
Transfers need to sit out a year.  I don't believe anyone on that list had to sit out at all.  In that regard they are not viewed as transfers, rather individuals who changed their mind before officially committing to the University.

So no...they are not transfers.  

So Lockett wasn't a transfer?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 11:03:27 AM »
Newbill never got to campus.  He wasn't a transfer.  Both Roseboro and TJT got to campus and enrolled.  They were transfers. 

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 11:11:30 AM »
Garrett Swanson?  Our swan song in the Northwest.

(nevermind, glossed over that point for the pretty graphics...)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 11:15:17 AM by T-Bone »
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 11:14:40 AM »
Missing:

That would be Montrale Clark.  He is from Milwaukee and went to Edison

Played Juco at Hill Community College (where the allegation took place)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 11:19:03 AM »

Billy Donovan was offered a job by Kentucky. Accepted. Changed his mind and stayed at Florida. Those are the facts. So I guess in your world, his resume' includes "coaching" at Kentucky. Not in mine. You can't quit a job you never really started - or transfer from a school you never attended. Monterell Clark was offered by Marquette and accepted. Do you feel he transferred from JC to MU and then transferred from MU to prison? Sounds crazy.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 11:23:05 AM by Lennys Tap »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 11:22:18 AM »
Clark never signed his NLI.  That would be like saying Aaron Bowen was a transfer.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 11:24:05 AM »
Billy Donovan was offered a job by Kentucky. Accepted. Changed his mind and stayed at Florida. Those are the facts. So I guess in your world, his resume' includes "coaching" at Kentucky. Not in mine. You can't quit a job you never really started - or transfer from a school you never attended.

If Billy went and coached a couple practices at UK, and then went to another school, I would consider that a job change.

EDIT: I guess it's all just a semantics argument. For me, I'll just revise and say if the kid signs, and attends practices, and then leaves, that's a transfer. Roseboro comes to mind. Was there another guy like that? I can't remember.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 11:27:07 AM by Guns n Ammo »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 11:29:15 AM »
Clark never signed his NLI.  That would be like saying Aaron Bowen was a transfer.

The point remains that it"s not just "offering" and "accepting". You can't transfer from a school when you've never been enrolled.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 11:35:15 AM »
If Billy went and coached a couple practices at UK, and then went to another school, I would consider that a job change.

EDIT: I guess it's all just a semantics argument. For me, I'll just revise and say if the kid signs, and attends practices, and then leaves, that's a transfer. Roseboro comes to mind. Was there another guy like that? I can't remember.

What about a kid who plays in four open gyms, never participates in an official practice, and never makes it to the first day of classes?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 12:02:34 PM »
Billy Donovan was offered a job by Kentucky. Accepted. Changed his mind and stayed at Florida. Those are the facts. So I guess in your world, his resume' includes "coaching" at Kentucky. Not in mine. You can't quit a job you never really started - or transfer from a school you never attended. Monterell Clark was offered by Marquette and accepted. Do you feel he transferred from JC to MU and then transferred from MU to prison? Sounds crazy.

Actually, Donovan accepted the job with the Orlando Magic and then went back to Florida. THOSE are the facts.

feedback