[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pro-Am  (Read 27826 times)

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
Re: Pro-Am
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2013, 12:29:54 PM »
but you can at least find the rosters and schedules here:  http://www.hoopfigures.com/0045

I appreciate the work you have to be putting in to do this but to say that site is difficult to read would be an understatement.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2013, 12:42:20 PM »
I appreciate the work you have to be putting in to do this but to say that site is difficult to read would be an understatement.

I thought Geocities died years ago.

TempoFree

• Walk-On
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2013, 12:42:52 PM »
If all of those guys play AthletiCo has to be the favorite.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2013, 02:29:03 PM »
Match up alert
Saturday at 1
Dawson vs Duane Wilson. Will the mystery man outplay the highly anticipated Wilson.
Anderson vs J. Wilson. Will Jamil take the first step in winning the starting job from Juan.
McKay vs Gardner. Will Gardner physically demolish McKay or will McKay run Gardner into the ground.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2013, 02:32:28 PM »
Anderson vs J. Wilson. Will Jamil take the first step in winning the starting job from Juan.

Again, IMO they both start.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2013, 02:33:09 PM »
Regardless of how JWill plays, JA will start.

I do like the matchups though.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2013, 01:42:49 PM »
Any feedback would be appreciated on how the guys in our new class are doing.  Any first impressions. Thanks, I,m in Jersey.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2013, 01:44:20 PM »
I haven't seen this posted on the forums yet. Twitter has been a better place to get Pro-Am news so far.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WpQbwWTCbOA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WpQbwWTCbOA</a>

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2013, 01:45:38 PM »
Any feedback would be appreciated on how the guys in our new class are doing.  Any first impressions. Thanks, I,m in Jersey.

http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/showthread.php?5030-Pro-Am

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2013, 01:48:45 PM »
Um...after seeing that Davonte clip...if we get any guard play, we are going to be scary good.  Like Utah after KVH left good.  #VanderEwingTheory
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2013, 02:21:29 PM »
I haven't seen this posted on the forums yet. Twitter has been a better place to get Pro-Am news so far.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WpQbwWTCbOA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WpQbwWTCbOA</a>

Who's that skinny guy?!?!

Gardner's definitely been putting in work.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2013, 04:30:22 PM »
I went today. Unfortunately Otule and JJJ did not show up. I watched the first half of that game. Derrick W. and Thomas were on the other team. The pro am is a different animal as the players can play however they want, which pretty much means they can shoot whenever they want. Thomas was much more impressive than Wilson in this setting. Wilson did however show some ability to drive to the basket and actually make it. The second game I got to watch Deonte Burton and Mayo. Mayo was okay and had 24 points as his team was blown out. Jerry Smith was the second leading scorer on the other team with 50 points as McKay scored 51. Burton had 36 points and at least 5 dunks. I had pretty much decided he was not much of an outside shooter and then he buried three straight threes. Overall he was the second most impressive MU player of the day. The highlight game was Gardner, Anderson and Dawson surviving against McKay, J. Wilson and Duane Wilson. Gardner was somewhat disappointing as he repeatedly in the first half missed shot after shot from the outside. Anderson was very good playing the two guard. Dawson scored the first basket of the game and probably finished with 6 points. Nice player, but most of the time you did not notice him on the court. Jamil Wilson played the first half like he often does, which means he just does not seem to care. In the fourth quarter he was dominate and very impressive. Better than Juan when he wants to be, but Juan played hard the whole game. Duane Wilson is extremely quick and is most likely our starting point guard, but based on what I saw today we do not have a point that can make the other players better. Jamal McKay was allowed 6 fouls before he fouled out, but when he was in he was unbelievable. I think he had 40 points. He is very thin, but so fast that he is impossible to guard. Scored at the basket several times and scored from the outside. He handles the ball very well and to me was the most impressive MU player of the day. Based on what I saw today I would start Juan at the 2 over Mayo. Bigger player, better passer and defender.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2013, 05:03:56 PM »
Thanks much for the report.  Really appreciate it.   :)
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

dyckesville

• Walk-On
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2013, 05:24:14 PM »
Was at the ProAm today also. Deonte Burton is a highlight reel, he was incredible with his dunks, and driving with the ball. He is so much bigger than I imagined, and by that I mean just solid. Defense everywhere was pretty lacking. I thought Mayo looked very smooth. Davante looks to have lost maybe 15# or put it in different spots, as he looked fairly trim and did explode to the baskets on some drives, but didn't finish all that well, and took too many outside shots. Juan was Juan doing everything well, and hustling. His outside shot looked good. Jameel & Jamil were an incredible twosome to deal with and always looking for each other. When Jamil wants, he can control the game. Jameel (with literally toothpick legs) is an incredible finisher, however outside of 8 feet, he was very inconsistent with his shot. Dawson kind of disappeared on Sat, but in talking with another guy, he really stood out Friday nite, maybe just a bad day for him, but in pregame, he was hitting every shot from outside. The Mckay that scored 51 was Miles Mckay from UW-Whitewater, why he is there I don't know, but probably the best all-around scorer and pure shooter I saw. Duane Wilson was forcing too much and not letting the game come to him. His quickness is really evident and could take the ball to the hole whenever he wanted, but finishing was a problem on this day.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2013, 05:28:38 PM »
A pro am that starts this Friday and still has an "updated webpage coming soon" is pretty pathetic?

Can't wait to see your Pro-Am next year. Idiot.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2013, 06:57:16 PM »
Otule is out this weekend with an ankle injury.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2013, 07:09:46 PM »
Otule is out this weekend with an ankle injury.

So what youre saying is that he'll be back next year.  Chris Otule, C, 6-10, PhD

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2013, 07:35:16 PM »
Mckay is long gone from Whitewater...he is a pro in Europe now....

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/player/Myles_McKay/Pertevniyal_Istanbul/92586

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2013, 10:03:01 PM »
I was terrified that Davante was going to break his hand when he punched the wall.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2013, 10:55:31 PM »
Anybody who complains about a pro am featuring Marquette players (present and past) that is free  to attend is pretty pathetic…..

What in the Air Force is known as bitching about a Blow Job

Death on call

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2013, 11:25:39 PM »
I was terrified that Davante was going to break his hand when he punched the wall.

Walls crumble in fear of the dancing bear.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2013, 03:06:04 AM »
Um...after seeing that Davonte clip...if we get any guard play, we are going to be scary good.  Like Utah after KVH left good.  #VanderEwingTheory

Remember that defense is optional in these things. Someone will step in front of Ox to draw a charge if he tries that when there's snow on the ground.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2013, 07:13:09 AM »
What in the Air Force anywhere is known as bitching about a Blow Job

Fixed.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2013, 01:23:32 PM »

Death on call

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2013, 02:46:55 PM »
Thank you for the updates. We who are geographically challenged appreciate it.

And thank you IWB for putting all of this together. I went to every pro am I could when I was still living in Milwaukee
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback