[May 01, 2024, 07:53:32 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting  (Read 55565 times)

BCHoopster

• All American
Recruiting
« on: July 01, 2013, 05:08:29 PM »
So where is Buzz going the next month on his recruiting trails?  Is he just watching Stone or his next priority for 2014?  Who would that be?  Sandy Cohen who is a nice prospect is not
exactly what they need?  They already have 10 high major recruits for 2014, one or two might be enough??

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 05:26:40 PM »
So where is Buzz going the next month on his recruiting trails?  Is he just watching Stone or his next priority for 2014?  Who would that be?  Sandy Cohen who is a nice prospect is not
exactly what they need?  They already have 10 high major recruits for 2014, one or two might be enough??

This post is so all over the place.

My guess is he'll follow Diamond Stone everywhere. He won't worry about anything else.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 07:19:21 PM »
Yes, he should leave no Stone unturned!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 07:22:20 PM »
My guess is he'll follow Diamond Stone everywhere. He won't worry about anything else.

He's not going to put all his eggs in one basket.

exactly what they need? 

I would be surprised if Cohen isn't a Warrior when all is said and done.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 07:54:34 PM »
Stone is 2015.....Buzz will certainly spend time watching him but we have 3 more spots open for 2014 which will be his first priority.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 08:00:14 PM »
Yes, he should leave no Stone unturned!

A rolling stone gathers no Buzz

Death on call

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 08:05:34 PM »

Recruits read these threads.  Now, we have no chance at Stone!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 09:30:46 PM »

He's not going to put all his eggs in one basket.

I would be surprised if Cohen isn't a Warrior when all is said and done.

(I was being sarcastic. If there's one thing I know it's that nobody outworks him on the recruiting trail. He's not stopping for 1 recruit)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 09:44:36 PM »
He and the assistants will be a million places.. Buzz specifically.. would think he'll make visits to the Peach Jam (1st weekend)... not sure if Diamond is going play with a 16U team at Peach Jam this year?... I think his MKE Young Legends team gone be in... the Quon that same weekend (i.e., not this coming weekend but the one after). They'll hit up the adidas Invitational in Indy I'm sure...

Second weekend there are some Midwest joints.. the 'Quon for Summer Jam; Best Buy Summer Classic in Bloomington, Minn. hosted by Henry's D1 Minnesota team... they'll stop out for that one..

Third weekend.. Florida and VEGAS!!!! Many tourneys that final evaluation week/end in Vegas... Fab 48, adidas super 64, Big Foot Hoops/LV Classic..
-----------

Wow, time flies. As of today I think I'll be at the Best Buy Summer Classic and then running all over Vegas again for a few days later this month.

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 06:49:55 AM »
Recruits read these threads.  Now, we have no chance at Stone!

If Stone is as good as they say he is, I'd doubt he'd come to MU. This kid is a one-and-done player on the fast track to the NBA. I've read repeatedly that Buzz doesn't like one-and-done players and doesn't really like to play freshman. I guess he feels he can convince Stone to stay multiple years and develop his craft. I think he goes to a Kentucky, UNC, Duke, Kansas, etc. Somewhere freshmen are known to get big time PT and shine. I'm not saying I hope we don't get him, I saying I don't think we'll get him.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 07:11:00 AM »

Everybody must get Stone(d)
Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 07:16:22 AM »
Everybody must get Stone(d)

Buzz needs to get at it like a RhineStone Cowboy.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 12:59:57 PM »

Stone cold sober

Death on call

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 01:14:25 PM »

The song could have been about recruiting:

"Getting cards and letters from people I don't even know
And offers coming over the phone"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 01:39:16 PM »
The song could have been about recruiting:

"Getting cards and letters from people I don't even know
And offers coming over the phone"

Lenny

Glenn Campbell was something of a cliché but his cover of Jimmy Webb's Wichita Lineman was one of the most achingly existential songs ever recorded. For anyone who has driven Route 66 the pathos, isolation, and stark tedium of an unchanging moonscape is perfectly calibrated by the numbing staccato rhythm of high tension towers and telephone poles spaced in perfect cadence. That nameless, faceless people find love and meaning in such barren circumstances is poignant tribute to the dignity of the human spirit.

Death on call

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 02:07:11 PM »
Lenny

Glenn Campbell was something of a cliché but his cover of Jimmy Webb's Wichita Lineman was one of the most achingly existential songs ever recorded. For anyone who has driven Route 66 the pathos, isolation, and stark tedium of an unchanging moonscape is perfectly calibrated by the numbing staccato rhythm of high tension towers and telephone poles spaced in perfect cadence. That nameless, faceless people find love and meaning in such barren circumstances is poignant tribute to the dignity of the human spirit.

This reads exactly like a Patrick Bateman music review/solilioquy

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 02:28:55 PM »
fantastic

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 11:19:15 PM »
This reads exactly like a Patrick Bateman music review/solilioquy

Or a macabre super ego-fueled, demonic ritual killing by Patrick Bateman, the trasnsgressive, neo-apocalyptical anti-hero in American Psycho

Death on call

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 08:09:30 PM »
The comments made herein are another example of summer boredom with people writing about their feelings which have nothing to do with the subject.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 08:19:29 PM »
Or a macabre super ego-fueled, demonic ritual killing by Patrick Bateman, the trasnsgressive, neo-apocalyptical anti-hero in American Psycho
Urinal cakes, anybody?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 09:11:41 PM »
Lenny

Missed this post earlier, Crash, but your review is dead on as usual. Moving song of a dutiful "Everyman" going about his business through boredom,loneliness and fickle Mother Nature. Maybe Webb's best effort. Campbell's, too.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 09:24:48 PM »
Missed this post earlier, Crash, but your review is dead on as usual. Moving song of a dutiful "Everyman" going about his business through boredom,loneliness and fickle Mother Nature. Maybe Webb's best effort. Campbell's, too.

The best acoustic rendition I heard of Webb's classic was by Pat Metheny here in Seattle. He played a baritone 6 string with Larry Grenadier accompanying on bass. It was hauntingly beautiful. Anyone who has driven from Enid to Wichita Falls has felt that hollow anguish.   

Death on call

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013, 11:47:38 PM »
I've read repeatedly that Buzz doesn't like one-and-done players and doesn't really like to play freshman.

I'm curious where you've seen this. If freshmen are ready, Buzz will play them. Look at Blue and Mayo. And I don't believe for a second Buzz will pass on a kid strictly because he's a likely one-and-done. Coaches may not like the one-and-done rule, but no one is going to pass on a kid who can potentially be the difference between an Elite 8 and a national championship.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Jay Bee

• All American
2014 J.P. Macura
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2013, 12:43:39 PM »
MU with some interest in 2014 G JP Macura
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: 2014 J.P. Macura
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2013, 02:43:10 PM »
A traditional  ;D