[June 10, 2024, 10:30:14 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[June 10, 2024, 06:17:14 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Uncle Rico
[June 10, 2024, 05:59:32 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 10, 2024, 03:28:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Finish the job, Phil  (Read 9726 times)

tower912

• All American
Finish the job, Phil
« on: June 15, 2013, 07:55:54 PM »
C'mon, Lefty.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Finish the job, Phil
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 08:10:07 PM »
C'mon, Lefty.   

He is really hitting it well - could have shot 64 or 65 today. Should be fun tomorrow.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 09:22:39 PM »
Go Tiger!

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 10:45:27 AM »
Steady On, Phil!

nyg

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 12:08:43 PM »
Sorry guys, but have to root for Stricker.  That would be awesome for him and golf. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 02:35:00 PM »
Sorry guys, but have to root for Stricker.  That would be awesome for him and golf. 

Unfortunately, the start of his round looks like me golfing out there.  The shank into the fence looks like my game.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 03:01:15 PM »
  Would love to cheer for a Sconnie boy, if only he wasn't a bears fan.  Sorry Stricker.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 04:27:33 PM »
Unfortunately, the start of his round looks like me golfing out there.  The shank into the fence looks like my game.

That was just brutal to see a touring pro do.

That course is just crazy.  Did anyone hear Mahan say " Like a fuc**n par4" after he hit driver on the 266 yard par three third hole.  Classic. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 06:34:54 PM »
Damn.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

nyg

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 08:06:00 PM »
Damn.

#13 wedge in hand 122 yards = bogey
#15 wedge in hand 124 yards = bogey

Ballgame and it will haunt him for a long time with those two shots. 

Give credit to Rose, who is a great guy especially with charity work in Orlando area, he shot even par.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 08:57:36 PM »
Yup.   Rose earned it.   Phil didn't get it done.    Damn. 

reinko

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 05:00:09 PM »
At least Phil has to pay less in taxes now.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 07:44:17 PM »
At least Phil has to pay less in taxes now.

Not % wise

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 08:35:53 AM »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 08:40:28 AM »

Poor guy.

Nothing to do with it in my opinion.  It's about fundamental fairness. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 08:41:37 AM »
Nothing to do with it in my opinion.  It's about fundamental fairness. 

My heart bleeds.  Poor guy.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 08:43:06 AM »
Oh and I should commend you for using the term "fundamental fairness."  I see that you haven't lost your gift for parroting meaningless political talking points.  Well done!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 10:32:23 AM »

My heart bleeds.  Poor guy.

Mickelson has a great life. Certainly no reason to feel sorry for him. That said, the article cited by Chicos does pose some interesting questions. There's really nothing controversial about Phil. Loves his wife, loves his kids, comports himself on and off the course like a gentleman. Treats the fans with more kindness and consideration than maybe any athlete in the history of sport. Yet he has more "haters" than anyone on the tour. Why? The goofy grin? The extra 5-10 pounds around his belly? Don't think so. I think some out there want to turn the game of golf into some sort of morality play, with Phil being the evil representative of white privilege while Tiger carries the banner for goodness, tolerance and equality. It has the makings of a movie critics would love if only Phil would cooperate and be a jerk. He wont, but those eager for the narrative still find a way to despise him.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 10:43:53 AM »
Mickelson has a great life. Certainly no reason to feel sorry for him. That said, the article cited by Chicos does pose some interesting questions. There's really nothing controversial about Phil. Loves his wife, loves his kids, comports himself on and off the course like a gentleman. Treats the fans with more kindness and consideration than maybe any athlete in the history of sport. Yet he has more "haters" than anyone on the tour. Why? The goofy grin? The extra 5-10 pounds around his belly? Don't think so. I think some out there want to turn the game of golf into some sort of morality play, with Phil being the evil representative of white privilege while Tiger carries the banner for goodness, tolerance and equality. It has the makings of a movie critics would love if only Phil would cooperate and be a jerk. He wont, but those eager for the narrative still find a way to despise him.

I have nothing against Phil.  I don't play golf...I haven't watched it in a couple of years and really have no interest in the sport whatsoever.

I do find it funny when people with high income and enormous net worth complain about high taxes however.  Poor guy.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 10:54:22 AM »

I have nothing against Phil.  I don't play golf...I haven't watched it in a couple of years and really have no interest in the sport whatsoever.

I do find it funny when people with high income and enormous net worth complain about high taxes however.  Poor guy.

Point well taken.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 11:57:37 AM »

I have nothing against Phil.  I don't play golf...I haven't watched it in a couple of years and really have no interest in the sport whatsoever.

I do find it funny when people with high income and enormous net worth complain about high taxes however.  Poor guy.

+1. I like Phil. I don't really root for or against any golfer. I just enjoy watching the drama of a Sunday afternoon in a Major. He seems like a decent enough guy and gentleman. But his whole outcry against the taxes in California are pretty entertaining.

In 6 months so far this year (13 events), he's made $3.4 million just on the PGA tour. That's not even incuding endorsements. I'm sure he'll survive.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:59:28 AM by Victor McCormick »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 12:16:50 PM »
These people obviously have not been paying any attention whatsoever the last 5 years or so.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2013, 11:43:37 PM »

This never crossed my mind.

I'm sort of a phil hater, but it's only because the media/announcers/fans fawn over him.

I love his game. I love his creativity. But, I'd like to hear a little less of the "good guy" cliches that are constantly thrown at him. I think the announcers could work a little harder to find new angles. I love the Phrankenwood. I would have liked to see more discussion about why that is so effective for him.

Also, as far as the taxes thing, I don't feel bad for him. Phil has enough wealth to live anywhere in the world. He chooses to live in CA, and therefore he shouldn't complain. If he doesn't like it, then leave. Free market, kid. If enough rich people leave CA, it'll crumble and a new system will evolve. Free market.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 12:43:39 AM »
This never crossed my mind.

I'm sort of a phil hater, but it's only because the media/announcers/fans fawn over him.

I love his game. I love his creativity. But, I'd like to hear a little less of the "good guy" cliches that are constantly thrown at him. I think the announcers could work a little harder to find new angles. I love the Phrankenwood. I would have liked to see more discussion about why that is so effective for him.

Also, as far as the taxes thing, I don't feel bad for him. Phil has enough wealth to live anywhere in the world. He chooses to live in CA, and therefore he shouldn't complain. If he doesn't like it, then leave. Free market, kid. If enough rich people leave CA, it'll crumble and a new system will evolve. Free market.

Will crumble...LOL....we're long past that