'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 01:06:27 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 20, 2024, 10:10:15 PM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by Plaque Lives Matter!
[June 20, 2024, 09:51:57 PM]

MU all-time defensive team? by Lennys Tap
[June 20, 2024, 08:26:59 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Warriors4ever
[June 20, 2024, 07:45:38 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Uncle Rico
[June 20, 2024, 05:24:06 PM]

More conference realignment talk by brewcity77
[June 20, 2024, 02:56:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wade Per Steven A. Smith  (Read 23357 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Wade Per Steven A. Smith
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2013, 09:07:07 AM »

He didn't say it was easy to get...he said it was an easy job.

Like a job with the city of Chicago.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2013, 09:24:36 AM »
Like a job with the city of Chicago.

Those are easy to get if you "donate" to the right people.

icheights

• Starter
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2013, 09:32:16 AM »
It figures you feel that way. Speaking of the cheeseheads, they are kicking your team's ass regularly these days. For you it can be graciously said, that IP+Illinois people who you hear regularly referred to as FIPs. Use your own imagination. If Wisconsin sucks so much, why do so many IP's vacation there. And then in deer season, it is like the million man march to Wisconsin.

When did anyone say that Wisconsin sucks?  Maybe you are projecting that a little bit buddy.  I just don't get why you guys hate "IP"?  

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2013, 09:43:49 AM »
Seriously?

The original poster said he "honestly doesn't know any Bulls fans that believed Wade would sign with the team." One of those threads is TITLED "Dwyane Wade will be a Chicago Bull in 2010".

I really had to try hard to force that one to fit didn't I?

Your whole mantra has been that only butthurt Bulls fans and people with ulterior motives have "turned" against Wade in multiple threads.  I'll repeat myself from my previous comment, of course Bulls fans wanted any of the big three including Wade and believed/hoped there was a chance.

However, MU alum or not, Wade...and LBJ should win best actor and best supporting actor at this years Oscars.  Just because everyone else in the NBA is doing it doesn't mean that it's right or that I have to like it.  Yes, Wade is not the only one but I don't like any of the players doing it and neither does the league, hence the fines.  But I dislike Wade's flopping and the NBA's and wish the NBA playoffs were like the mid-90's once more.  Everyone is always bitching about soccer players flopping but now NBA players have also become primadonnas.  Rant complete.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9323865/flopping-problem-postseason
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2013, 09:54:30 AM »
Seriously?

The original poster said he "honestly doesn't know any Bulls fans that believed Wade would sign with the team." One of those threads is TITLED "Dwyane Wade will be a Chicago Bull in 2010".

I really had to try hard to force that one to fit didn't I?

OK, one person thought it was a real possibility and his info came from sources who also told him that LeBron to Miami was never going to happen. The thread titled "Dwyane Wade will be a Chicago Bull in 2010" was started a year before Wade was even a FA and was about how the Bulls were attempting to free some cap space.

IL Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2013, 10:24:23 AM »
It figures you feel that way. Speaking of the cheeseheads, they are kicking your team's ass regularly these days. For you it can be graciously said, that IP+Illinois people who you hear regularly referred to as FIPs. Use your own imagination. If Wisconsin sucks so much, why do so many IP's vacation there. And then in deer season, it is like the million man march to Wisconsin.
Am I the only person who sees the irony in bashing Illinoisans in a thread defending Dwyane Wade (and his shenanigans on the court)?

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2013, 10:30:35 AM »
Am I the only person who sees the irony in bashing Illinoisans in a thread defending Dwyane Wade (and his shenanigans on the court)?

Its Illinois its Illinois
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2013, 12:05:32 PM »
Hey its IP that keep the rural economy of Wisc. afloat.  I spent many summers all over the state visiting people who paid higher multiples on taxes because of where their cottages were and patronised local businesses.  That's where all the money for road construction  and snow plowing jobs come from.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2013, 08:01:08 PM »

This is the best reply i could have asked for.  First off, it's FIB not FIP.  I was called a FIB at school, at my girlfriend's house, and the marquette tribune printed an opinion piece about 'FIB parents' and how they didn't know where they were going.
Yes, the Packers are a far better team right now, notice you had to bring that up, because you have an inferiority complex.
I LOVE wisconsin, i would never say it sucks.  I love the people and culture.  I've camped there since i was a kid. I went to school there.  I met my wife there.  I would never say it sucks, you just read that into my comments.  Why? because you have an inferiority complex!

Having an inferiority complex isn't that bad, it's better than a superiority complex, a persecution complex, and many other things.  We all have quirks, sometimes our culture causes a larger than average percentage of people to have a similar quirk.  This could be caused by our religious, ethnic, national, or local cultural herritage.  And in my honest opinion, people from wisconsin tend to display an inferiority complex.  It doesn't mean i dislike you.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2013, 08:06:33 PM »
Hey its IP that keep the rural economy of Wisc. afloat.  I spent many summers all over the state visiting people who paid higher multiples on taxes because of where their cottages were and patronised local businesses.  That's where all the money for road construction  and snow plowing jobs come from.

I once had a conversation with a few guys from green bay.  They were complaining about Fibs and how they drove up to stay in wisconsin for weekends.  I told them that they should be thankful for our tax dollars and informed them that, in chicago, commercials from the wisconsin tourism board were constantly telling us to go there.  This angered them immensely and they declared 'It's not worth it, we should stop running the ads.  I'll pay more taxes.'

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2013, 08:08:00 PM »
This is the best reply i could have asked for.  First off, it's FIB not FIP.  I was called a FIB at school, at my girlfriend's house, and the marquette tribune printed an opinion piece about 'FIB parents' and how they didn't know where they were going.
Yes, the Packers are a far better team right now, notice you had to bring that up, because you have an inferiority complex.
I LOVE wisconsin, i would never say it sucks.  I love the people and culture.  I've camped there since i was a kid. I went to school there.  I met my wife there.  I would never say it sucks, you just read that into my comments.  Why? because you have an inferiority complex!

Having an inferiority complex isn't that bad, it's better than a superiority complex, a persecution complex, and many other things.  We all have quirks, sometimes our culture causes a larger than average percentage of people to have a similar quirk.  This could be caused by our religious, ethnic, national, or local cultural herritage.  And in my honest opinion, people from wisconsin tend to display an inferiority complex.  It doesn't mean i dislike you.

Wow. How incredibly magnanimous. Your infinite beneficence is humbling.

Death on call

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2013, 08:18:47 PM »
Wow. How incredibly magnanimous. Your infinite beneficence is humbling.

Just keep proving my point buddy.  I don't think i'm better than you, you think i think that.  Sounds a little bit like an inferiority complex. 
I sincerely like your state.  I noticed that you, as a group, seem to project a certain trait.  I don't know how better to express that.  If you don't have anything real (other than pointless sarcasm) to say please just let the adults talk.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2013, 08:44:44 PM »
Just keep proving my point buddy.  I don't think i'm better than you, you think i think that.  Sounds a little bit like an inferiority complex. 
I sincerely like your state.  I noticed that you, as a group, seem to project a certain trait.  I don't know how better to express that.  If you don't have anything real (other than pointless sarcasm) to say please just let the adults talk.

Uh, I am not from Wisconsin. But if I were I would be suitably humbled to be in the presence of such greatness. Your condescension is indeed palpable.

Frankly, I find Wisconsin to be a lovely place with friendly residents who share a proud tradition of fiscal conservatism and progressive social conventions. Unfortunately, I have yet to detect any sense of acute inadequacy among the populace.

But I digress. Do forgive my impudence. I should really let you rejoin the adults in meaningful conversation. Superciliousness can be so intellectually and emotionally taxing, especially for a child. But then I wouldn't know. Carry on as I am certain looking down one's nose is the good fight, as it were.

Death on call

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2013, 09:00:53 PM »
Uh, I am not from Wisconsin. But if I were I would be suitably humbled to be in the presence of such greatness. Your condescension is indeed palpable.

Frankly, I find Wisconsin to be a lovely place with friendly residents who share a proud tradition of fiscal conservatism and progressive social conventions. Unfortunately, I have yet to detect any sense of acute inadequacy among the populace.

But I digress. Do forgive my impudence. I should really let you rejoin the adults in meaningful conversation. Superciliousness can be so intellectually and emotionally taxing, especially for a child. But then I wouldn't know. Carry on as I am certain looking down one's nose is the good fight, as it were.

I am not being condescending you unnatural carnal knowledgetard.  Not even a little.   you don't know me so stop reading into everything i say.  If wisconsin had mild winters i'd live there.  Was that condescending?  According to you it was.  Eat a d.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2013, 09:42:34 PM »
I am not being condescending you unnatural carnal knowledgetard.  Not even a little.   you don't know me so stop reading into everything i say.  If wisconsin had mild winters i'd live there.  Was that condescending?  According to you it was.  Eat a d.

Ah, the Rawdog arrogance shining through after an extended period of benign neglect. The world makes sense once more.

Sorry I couldn't be a Wisconsonite for you so that your priggish hubris could tear harder and deeper into my fractured sense of mediocrity.

I hear the Germans enjoyed living in the Ukraine, too. If only they had behaved themselves better they might have been able to stay longer. Pity that Marshal Zhukov had to make them go away. So how did you enjoy your time in Milwaukee among the unwashed hoi polloi? Do tell!

Death on call

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2013, 04:33:56 AM »
I apologize, that last post was made on an airplane after a long delay. I was hungry and It was inappropriate. 

I am a professional traveler.  I meet great people everywhere i go, but everywhere they are weird.  I think this is one of the wisconsinite oddities(primarily when compared to IL). I"m not sure where these statements about my arrogance come from. I'm smarter than most people, but i definitely don't think i'm better than most people. 

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2013, 05:59:51 AM »
Sorry, when I was growing up in Wisconsin, it was always FIP's. Must have been an old school thing. FIB is probably a newer PC thing.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2013, 08:13:56 AM »
Sorry, when I was growing up in Wisconsin, it was always FIP's. Must have been an old school thing. FIB is probably a newer PC thing.
Pennyhead.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2013, 01:46:05 PM »

I have never heard of any of this. I guess here in Seattle we make fun of....well, no one as it wouldn't be polite. In fact it would be hurtful so we should set up a shelter for the victims of emotional verbal abuse. And enact tough laws to deal with renegades from civil conversation because the government knows best how you should think...and act...and behave...

Death on call

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2013, 01:47:57 PM »

B= B@$tard, so not exactly...

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2013, 03:13:33 PM »
never heard of FIP either and I have lived here over 50 years, so what is the 'P'? Does it rhyme with trick?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2013, 06:46:05 PM »
never heard of FIP either and I have lived here over 50 years, so what is the 'P'? Does it rhyme with trick?

It might rhyme with wussy

Death on call

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2013, 07:07:05 AM »
It might rhyme with wussy

I'm pretty sure it rhymes with meople or, in the singular form, merson.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2013, 09:54:34 AM »
I'm not exactly sure why vacationing or spending long weekends in Wisconsin invalidates anyone's claim that they prefer Chicago, or Illinois, to Wisconsin.  I had friends in college who had lake houses in Kentucky and some now that have them in Indiana, and in both cases would not want to live in either state.  That's precisely why you have a vacation home and not a permanent residence.  It's nice for a getaway, but you wouldn't want to be there all the time.

Either way, this is all stupid.  It's even stupider when football is brought into it.  Chicago is a world class city with its share of issues.  Milwaukee is a city with alot of history that's done alot for itself over the last decade.  Preferring one to the other doesn't make either crapty.  I grew up in Milwaukee, now live in Chicago, and have no immediate plans to move back to the former.  To some I would be labeled a big city snob or some FIB nonsense.  That's where this inferiority complex label comes from.  I don't think it goes the other way as much because alot of Chicago residents started somewhere smaller and see both sides.  Idk, but I feel like people who spent time in a big city, and moved to somewhere like Milwaukee, have their reasons for not liking city life but are far less likely to toss around stupid labels.

YMMV

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2013, 10:09:25 AM »
I'm not exactly sure why vacationing or spending long weekends in Wisconsin invalidates anyone's claim that they prefer Chicago, or Illinois, to Wisconsin.  I had friends in college who had lake houses in Kentucky and some now that have them in Indiana, and in both cases would not want to live in either state.  That's precisely why you have a vacation home and not a permanent residence.  It's nice for a getaway, but you wouldn't want to be there all the time.

Either way, this is all stupid.  It's even stupider when football is brought into it.  Chicago is a world class city with its share of issues.  Milwaukee is a city with alot of history that's done alot for itself over the last decade.  Preferring one to the other doesn't make either crapty.  I grew up in Milwaukee, now live in Chicago, and have no immediate plans to move back to the former.  To some I would be labeled a big city snob or some FIB nonsense.  That's where this inferiority complex label comes from.  I don't think it goes the other way as much because alot of Chicago residents started somewhere smaller and see both sides.  Idk, but I feel like people who spent time in a big city, and moved to somewhere like Milwaukee, have their reasons for not liking city life but are far less likely to toss around stupid labels.

YMMV

You know that Milwaukee is also a big city and has "city life," right? It's not Chicago, but it's not the middle of the sticks either.

I grew up in the Chicago suburbs, went to Marquette, moved to downtown Chicago for a couple of years and then found my way back to Milwaukee. I loved living in downtown Chicago as a single person who could take the train to work, but living in Chicago with a family or, worse yet, the Chicago suburbs? No thanks! As a 30-something husband and father, I much prefer the more manageable, smaller big city life.