Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wade Per Steven A. Smith  (Read 23212 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Wade Per Steven A. Smith
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2013, 12:34:57 PM »
Man you guys can really miss the point sometimes.  What you think of Stephen A. Smith has nothing to with this.  It's been widely reported that Wade is playing through a knee injury and it has clearly affected his game.  Spoelstra discussed it pretty openly.

Wade has played through injuries many times and I respect him for going out there even when he is not 100%.  Kobe has done the same throughout his career.  For a lot of players, including Derrick Rose, they would rather sit than play through an injury even in the playoffs and risk looking bad or suffering something more serious.

No...the point is that willie misunderstood what people were "bashing" Wade for.  Everyone fully knew he was injured.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2013, 12:35:34 PM »
Stephen is a fan of "the great" Justin Bieber.
Case closed.

http://youtu.be/MPl_a38iTnU

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2013, 12:38:55 PM »
This.  I thought it was well known he has a knee injury considering he has been taping his knee cap in place since the begining of the playoffs.

Wade isn't being criticized for his poor play.
He's being criticized for his whining and questionable tactics, neither of which are caused by a bruised knee.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2013, 12:40:58 PM »
He's being criticized for his whining and questionable tactics, neither of which are caused by a bruised knee.

You must be a butthurt Bulls fan.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2013, 12:41:59 PM »
You must be a butthurt Bulls fan.

Well, obviously.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2013, 12:50:07 PM »
The media has certainly criticized Wade for his poor play.  If you are referring to Scoopers, I think you are correct in that most have focused on his brutal attacks on other players.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 12:53:18 PM »

No...the point is that willie misunderstood what people were "bashing" Wade for.  Everyone fully knew he was injured.

No, that was your point.  I was responding to the fact that roughly half the responses discuss the credibility of Stephen A. Smith, which is completely irrelevant because he is saying something that is not really disputed.  But in any case, there have been several posts on this board criticizing Wade's performance (just not as many as discussing his "whining").

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2013, 01:11:23 PM »
The media has certainly criticized Wade for his poor play.  If you are referring to Scoopers, I think you are correct in that most have focused on his brutal attacks on other players.
Absolutely he has been criticized for poor play--and on this board by several.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »
Steven A. Smith tells the facts as related to him and states his opinion, and a number of people call him an idiot, because they do not agree with him. That is very typical of what our society has become today--if you do not agree with somebody, many think that person is an idiot and start the name calling.

There have been several that have criticized Wade for his play of late. Yes, some have also criticized him for whining/pouting/dirty play also. So an analogy is made to the massive pout of Derick Rose and people start screaming on this board about that. The point is Wade is hurt, does not complain about, but continues to play to help his team, and he is criticized for his play. Rose pouts, even though he was cleared to play months ago, and there is hardly a peep.

And no, I am not aware that many Bulls fans are pissed about it. If they are, they should be IMO.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2013, 01:33:00 PM »
No, that was your point.  I was responding to the fact that roughly half the responses discuss the credibility of Stephen A. Smith, which is completely irrelevant because he is saying something that is not really disputed.  But in any case, there have been several posts on this board criticizing Wade's performance (just not as many as discussing his "whining").

Half the people hear are laughing at Stephen A Smith but that doesn't mean we miss the point. That's like bringing a Bleacher Report article here and telling people how wrong they are about Gardner being a Top 20 player. Smith is a d-bag that just tries to bring up controversy. Personally, from some of his comments I find him a bit racist. We are just pointing our lack of respect of Smith's work.

WW was way off with his point. 99% of the people on this board "hating" on Wade did so because of his actions, not his play. WW was so off with his point that we don't need to dignify it with a response. Instead, we just find it more entertaining that he tried bringing SAS's trash to this board.

icheights

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2013, 01:37:14 PM »
I don't think Stephen A. Smith is an idiot because I disagree with him.

I think Stephen A. Smith is an idiot because he is one.  

Did you read those articles?  Thinks spouting no homo at the end of a media interview is ok?  Thinks an Onion article is real?  Goes on uninformed rants about rules that don't exist anymore?  Those things are just a few examples of things that the ratings whore idiot Stephen A. Smith says.

Wade has been highly criticized and rightly so.  He is a tough ass sum of my bish but his whiny antics are starting to get really old IMO..great player no doubt, I am just getting sick of his antics.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2013, 02:09:29 PM »
Steven A. Smith tells the facts as related to him and states his opinion, and a number of people call him an idiot, because they do not agree with him. That is very typical of what our society has become today--if you do not agree with somebody, many think that person is an idiot and start the name calling.

What's typical of our society today is that people have to have an opinion on everything no matter how misinformed they might be.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2013, 03:10:50 PM »
And where does that come from? Smith is blunt and tells it like it is but has great sources and is well respected as an NBA analyst. He gets info that many others do not. I would take Smith any day over guys like Wilbon, Greenberg, etc. Another good analyst is Bruce Bowen.  Slamming Smith is just dumb. But hey it's the internet, so it is all right for you to have your opinion.

+1

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2013, 03:18:50 PM »
First off, Stephen A Smith is an idiot.

Second, Wade has a knee bruise and Rose tore his ACL..quite a difference there

Third,  people are bashing Wade because him and LBJ have teamed up to form the biggest duo of cry baby floppers ever.

It's okay Bulls fan, there's always next year. Now be a good little hater and watch the NBA Finals featuring "the biggest duo of cry baby floppers" and their quest for another championship.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2013, 03:20:20 PM »
focused on his brutal attacks on other players.

Brutal?? Brutal is Taliban atrocities against women and their families in villages throughout Afghanistan. Brutal is suicide bombers detonating IEDs or driving VBIEDs into crowded markets full of women and children.

Nothing Dwyane Wade has done could ever be categorized as brutal.

Death on call

icheights

• Starter
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2013, 03:24:37 PM »
It's okay Bulls fan, there's always next year. Now be a good little hater and watch the NBA Finals featuring "the biggest duo of cry baby floppers" and their quest for another championship.

If you don't agree that LBJ and D-Wade flip flop all over the floor and bitch and complain about every close call that doesn't go their way you may may be blind.  Or maybe you just don't watch much basketball. 

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2013, 03:27:21 PM »
--if you do not agree with somebody, many think that person is an idiot and start the name calling.

don't be such an idiot

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2013, 03:29:33 PM »

This is indeed the surprising aspect of the whole thing. Did Willie really need Stephen A. smith to tell him that Wade's play has declined because his knees are shot? I barely follow the NBA and I knew that.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2013, 03:37:02 PM »
Brutal?? Brutal is Taliban atrocities against women and their families in villages throughout Afghanistan. Brutal is suicide bombers detonating IEDs or driving VBIEDs into crowded markets full of women and children.

Nothing Dwyane Wade has done could ever be categorized as brutal.
I don't use teal.  I guess the sarcasm didn't come through, huh?

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2013, 03:40:13 PM »
If you don't agree that LBJ and D-Wade flip flop all over the floor and bitch and complain about every close call that doesn't go their way you may may be blind.  Or maybe you just don't watch much basketball. 
For what feels like the millionth time, practically all NBA superstars bitch and complain about every call they don't get.  If you don't notice it, that's because you are not paying enough attention.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2013, 03:49:57 PM »
For what feels like the millionth time, practically all NBA superstars bitch and complain about every call they don't get.  If you don't notice it, that's because you are not paying enough attention.

And for what feels like the millionth time, Wade is the worst (or best, depending on your perspective) at it.
If you don't notice it, that's because you are not paying enough attention ... or, more likely, can't see it or don't want to see it through your blue-and-gold tinted glasses.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2013, 03:50:56 PM »
Exactly.

They're doing it because they're butthurt Bulls fans.

Yeah, because everyone who has ever called wade dirty, pointed out how much he wines, or made fun of his dress floods is a bulls fan....

Simply not true, get over it, we have. You are the only ones i ever hear talk about how people are still mad that he didn't come to chicago.  It is part of wisconsin's inferiority complex.  You are trying to vilify us and grasping at complete bs over some blog post you read 3 years ago.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2013, 03:54:44 PM »
It is part of wisconsin's inferiority complex.

Nice.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2013, 04:05:45 PM »
I don't use teal.  I guess the sarcasm didn't come through, huh?

Got it. I don't use teal either.

As for Wade, I cannot understand why our tribe finds it necessary to demonize this guy. In the grand scheme of things the guy is a professional athlete. He isn't trying to become the Archbishop of Canterbury.

One of the most vicious rebounders I have ever watched was Jerome Whitehead. Nothing Wade has done compares with Whitehead throwing elbows.

Death on call

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2013, 04:06:05 PM »
All of this talk about Wade's dirty play. Please, describe which plays in the 2013 Playoffs have been dirty. I haven't seen it.

feedback