collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Badgers & Bo  (Read 3040 times)

seakm4

• Team Captain
Badgers & Bo
« on: May 09, 2013, 01:27:06 AM »
I waited until after our exit to post this topic.  I didn't want to take attention off of our boys, but forgot to post it because I went on an unplanned hiatus because the elite game hurt too much pain to return too suddenly.

Being from this state you get surrounded by Badger fans that don't know what basketball is, but after yet another early exit this year a lot of booger fans were calling for Bo Palpatine's head.  Do you think this is justified?

Through the whole 3 amigos era we were left without a sweet 16 (UW's made 3/6).  Granted we had T-cubed for three years and DJ's injury killed the SR year, but you can't make excuses.

Buzz is bringing in top talent, so we expect big things.  The emperor brings in system players who succeed at bringing the clock down to 4 seconds and hoisting up a late 3, but a lot of people who follow Becky think that the system is flawed and are tired of it.

I guess what I'm asking is: Do we have a longer threshold (10 years between elite 8's) to get upset?  UW made the elite 8 nine years ago, and if they fail to make a deep run again, do you think there will be serious discussions about the pride and joy of Platteville getting fired?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 08:59:21 AM by mu_hilltopper »

GGGG

• All American
Re: BOOGERS
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 06:12:09 AM »
I think you need to quit posting while drinking.

EnderWiggen

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 08:45:56 AM »
Can someone please translate this?

ResidentBrown

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 08:50:36 AM »
Wisconsin has some pretty good talent coming in next year.

In the coming years, they'll have a degree of athleticism that hasn't been seen in the Kohl since Tucker.

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 08:54:35 AM »
This post needs to be moved to either the Badger board or off topic.  It has nothing to do with MU basketball and who really cares.

joe pop

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 08:55:58 AM »
He wont get fired.  The Badger fans love him so much they think he is the best coach in the country and if he could only get talent they would be unstoppable.  Truth is, he has a deal with Badger fans that he will keep them in the top 5 in the Big Ten and a 4-6 seen in the NCAA tourney every year, which is great for them considering where they were before he got there.  There is such an obvious ceiling with a Bo Ryan team though.  

GGGG

• All American
Re: Badgers & Bo
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 12:43:10 PM »
He wont get fired.  The Badger fans love him so much they think he is the best coach in the country and if he could only get talent they would be unstoppable.  Truth is, he has a deal with Badger fans that he will keep them in the top 5 in the Big Ten and a 4-6 seen in the NCAA tourney every year, which is great for them considering where they were before he got there.  There is such an obvious ceiling with a Bo Ryan team though. 

Before he got there....UW was a Final Four team.

IMO, there is no one more disrespected in the history of UW basketball than Dick Bennett.

Abode4life

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 01:25:09 PM »
I have a couple co-workers that are big badger basketball fans and they were dead serious about firing bo and bringing Shaka Smart.  I don't think they are indicative of the majority badger fans, but if he doesn't make at least an elite eight if not final four in the next few years, lots of people will be saying its time for a change, especially considering his age.

Having said that, I think they are absolutely stupid for thinking that, but they're badger fans. 

augoman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 03:20:27 PM »
ah, if only the baaajrs would return to the days of coach powless and the empty field house.  (much akin to the empty camp randall of that era).

feedback