Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kaleb Joseph Offered  (Read 12734 times)

Dave Krupinski

• Scholarship Player
    • Johnny Jungle
Kaleb Joseph Offered
« on: May 01, 2013, 09:42:58 AM »
Not sure how much interest is on either side but he'd be awesome fit for Marquette. They must have seen him in Dallas two weeks ago because they weren't in Philly watching him play last weekend. Regardless he's a stud.
www.JohnnyJungle.com
6th Man of St. John's Basketball

GGGG

• All American
Re: Kaleb Joseph Offered
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 09:59:38 AM »
How can you say he was "offered" if you aren't sure how much interest is on either side???

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 10:26:43 AM »
For those who don't know, Joseph is a 6'3" PG ranked in the fifties for the class of 2014.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 12:03:02 PM »
And he apparently did get an MU offer BTW....

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 12:13:30 PM »
For those who don't know, Joseph is a 6'3" PG ranked in the fifties for the class of 2014.
Good ranking, but what do we do if he accepts. PG's in14-15 season: De. Wilson, Du. Wilson, Dawson, Joseph, and following year the guy from Sun Prarie. Lots of PG's--only one ball.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 12:14:53 PM »
Duane can play off the ball.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 12:53:02 PM »
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Kaleb-Joseph-127813

This kid is ranked.  I am sure Nick N. from 2015 will be ranked sometime in future, who knows. 

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 01:24:42 PM »
Both Rivals(Bossi) and Jerry Meyer have said Noskowiak is a top 100 player...obviously that can change in 2 years but he is considered a 4 star recruit now by at least some of the gurus.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 01:27:37 PM »
Good ranking, but what do we do if he accepts. PG's in14-15 season: De. Wilson, Du. Wilson, Dawson, Joseph, and following year the guy from Sun Prarie. Lots of PG's--only one ball.

What do we do? We let things take care of themselves, as they did this offseason.

Stuff happens. Can never have too many guys who can make plays for others and make shots for themselves.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU72491

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 03:42:10 PM »
Some great YouTube videos on this kid

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 04:56:28 PM »
What do we do? We let things take care of themselves, as they did this offseason.

Stuff happens. Can never have too many guys who can make plays for others and make shots for themselves.
Sorry, cannot agree. If the guy accepts, 4 guys at PG position only creates issues for one or more of them. And offering up that Du. Wilson can play 2G, while likely true, leaves what, JJJ, Mayo, Du. Wilson, competing for minutes. While it is nice problem to have, it contributes to somebody leaving.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 04:58:54 PM »
Sorry, cannot agree. If the guy accepts, 4 guys at PG position only creates issues for one or more of them. And offering up that Du. Wilson can play 2G, while likely true, leaves what, JJJ, Mayo, Du. Wilson, competing for minutes. While it is nice problem to have, it contributes to somebody leaving.

How many times do I have to say this?  Duane and Dawson can play off the ball.  They are not strictly PGs like Derrick is.

Furthermore, Kaleb Joseph was simply offered.  That doesn't mean he's coming here.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 05:58:37 PM »

How many times do I have to say this?  Duane and Dawson can play off the ball.  They are not strictly PGs like Derrick is.

Furthermore, Kaleb Joseph was simply offered.  That doesn't mean he's coming here.
I get that Skink. My premise is "if he accepts". So do not use "that doesn't mean he's coming here"

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 07:10:54 PM »
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Kaleb-Joseph-127813

This kid is ranked.  I am sure Nick N. from 2015 will be ranked sometime in future, who knows. 

Are there any rankings other than ESPN's out for '15 yet? ESPN only goes up to 25.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

nyg

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 07:21:45 PM »
Are there any rankings other than ESPN's out for '15 yet? ESPN only goes up to 25.

Here you go.  Rivals

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-3252

ResidentBrown

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 08:34:29 PM »
Here you go.  Rivals

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-3252

According to Rivals, Cal Poly is really gunning for Diamond Stone. Might be in the driver's seat, actually.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 08:38:57 PM »
Yeah, and I'm gonna be the Bucks next head coach.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 09:31:44 PM »
According to Rivals, Cal Poly is really gunning for Diamond Stone. Might be in the driver's seat, actually.

What are your plans for Brooklyn Bridge now that you've purchased it?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dave Krupinski

• Scholarship Player
    • Johnny Jungle
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2013, 11:45:28 PM »
Spoke to Kaleb two weeks ago and asked him who he's narrowing it down to and Marquette was 1 of 3 he was heavily considering. I said it way back when he'd be fantastic get and I feel stronger about that today than I did then.

You guys need to get this kid. Keeps getting better and better.
www.JohnnyJungle.com
6th Man of St. John's Basketball

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 12:04:31 AM »
A class of Joseph, Harris, Cohen, and a big like Moore would be stellar

boyonthedock

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 05:49:00 AM »
MU has been good since I set foot on campus (2004) so I assume they will be good forever! I just never want to see an 11 seed again! I don't care if the last time was a sweet 16 or not!

Marqus Howard

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 06:55:42 AM »
A class of Joseph, Harris, Cohen, and a big like Moore would be stellar

That would be a great class, but I'm hoping we get Ahmed Hill too.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 07:48:14 AM »
Here you go.  Rivals

Pretty cool that we are one of four schools that have a recruit committed (verbally, I know) on that top 100 list.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2013, 12:40:42 PM »
http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/04/syracuse_basketball_program_pu.html

Looks like it will be hard to keep him away from Syracuse.  Has been asking since 9th grade if he'd be good enough to play at Syracuse, has said it's his dream school, will have PT available at point guard, etc.  Anybody know if there's any relation to former Syracuse player Kris Joseph?

Has a highlight video of him.  JayBee will love to know it has some shirts vs. skins (and skins vs. skins?  Not sure I've ever seen such a thing from indoor basketball before, or any shirts vs. skins action in a recruiting video, kinda weird).  Has some flash to his game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 05:45:37 PM »
http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/04/syracuse_basketball_program_pu.html

Looks like it will be hard to keep him away from Syracuse.  Has been asking since 9th grade if he'd be good enough to play at Syracuse, has said it's his dream school, will have PT available at point guard, etc.  Anybody know if there's any relation to former Syracuse player Kris Joseph?

Has a highlight video of him.  JayBee will love to know it has some shirts vs. skins (and skins vs. skins?  Not sure I've ever seen such a thing from indoor basketball before, or any shirts vs. skins action in a recruiting video, kinda weird).  Has some flash to his game.
Interesting. And despite all of that, he is still uncommitted. Maybe they arent that interested...or he is their plan B.