Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: dominic james tweet... any idea?  (Read 10418 times)

muhoops1

• All American
Re: dominic james tweet... any idea?
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2013, 03:17:41 PM »
Plus he lives in Atlanta so its not unusual to get a hair cut where you live.

ZiggysChestHair

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 03:26:33 PM »
Any thoughts on what this might mean?

Dominic James ‏@NyceNeek
I'm going to need to find the best barber in ATL

His hair could really use a 4th week of grooming.  I think he is getting bad advice to get his hair cut now.  I currently don't even see him getting a first round appointment this week.  Returning to work on his grooming and then seeking an appointment after his 4th week would surely elevate his appointment status.

Can someone remind me on the rules?  If he seeks an appointment now, but does not hire an agent, can he return?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2013, 03:40:57 PM »
His hair could really use a 4th week of grooming.  I think he is getting bad advice to get his hair cut now.  I currently don't even see him getting a first round appointment this week.  Returning to work on his grooming and then seeking an appointment after his 4th week would surely elevate his appointment status.

Can someone remind me on the rules?  If he seeks an appointment now, but does not hire an agent, can he return?

Once a barber has been selected, he can turn back at any time until his sits in the chair.  Once he is in the chair, he cannot return to ungroomed status.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2013, 03:46:24 PM »
I'm going to second this as one of the best threads ever.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2013, 03:59:43 PM »
Once a barber has been selected, he can turn back at any time until his sits in the chair.  Once he is in the chair, he cannot return to ungroomed status.

I heard the NCAA is looking into changing the rules so that players can't get around these requirements by cutting their own hair.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2013, 04:27:41 PM »

So he hasn't kept this?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2013, 04:52:41 PM »
You're not allowed to criticize Kenosha's grammer!  He just makes a few typos once in a great while.  Like "your" anA

"grammAr,"  if you please.
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2013, 09:20:16 AM »

Hmmmm.... this whole puzzle with Steve Taylor's injury and Dominic James' haircut is starting to come together.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2013, 10:41:02 AM »
Hmmmm.... this whole puzzle with Steve Taylor's injury and Dominic James' haircut is starting to come together.

Maybe Buzz told Steve to buzz his hair or be Buzzcut ala Newbill.  Or maybe Steve doesn't practice free throws.  Who knows.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:44:37 AM by Stronghold »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2013, 10:49:37 AM »
ish is getting serious.

Buzz just announced that he is resigning as HC at MU, moving to ATL and opening a barbershop with Neek called Buzzcuts by Neek.

Wardle is MU's top candidate to replace Buzz as he's like the honey badger when it comes to his haircut.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2013, 12:01:15 PM »
I heard the NCAA is looking into changing the rules so that players can't get around these requirements by cutting their own hair.

After the Adam Morrison debacle, the NCAA is really trying to recover that and focus more on the barbershop process. One of the big debate issues turns on whether getting ones haircut overseas counts as electing to sit in a barber's chair.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2013, 03:58:51 PM »
After the Adam Morrison debacle, the NCAA is really trying to recover that and focus more on the barbershop process. One of the big debate issues turns on whether getting ones haircut overseas counts as electing to sit in a barber's chair.

The definition of "overseas" is also important.

I always thought it was kind of odd that you could skirt the rules if you went to a barber in Toronto, but not if you went to a barber in the Little Havana area of Miami.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2013, 04:24:43 PM »
It is also my understanding that he committed a rules violation by accepting a free neck trim at SportClips.
Suspension is forthcoming.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2013, 09:50:34 AM »
All i know from teaching is that if your a black student and get caught with a bad haircut, god have mercy for your soul the next day of school.  The students with bad haircuts dont hear the end of it
My sister-in-law is a teacher as well and she has some horror stories about high school students getting bashed for their hair. Oh, perspective.

ZiggysChestHair

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2013, 04:36:13 PM »
It is also my understanding that he committed a rules violation by accepting a free neck trim at SportClips.
Suspension is forthcoming.

I really hope this is not true.  SportClips would definitely lock us in as a mid major.  Larry Williams really needs to have more of a plan to ensure Marquette remains ELITE and we are hitting up the Aveda Salon.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2013, 06:29:34 PM »
Does the aveda institute count?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

CoachRaymondsClass

• Starter
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2013, 07:53:15 PM »
This board has some smart BB people but can be sooo sophomoric. I don't post much, but once the season was over, just bs time-wasters. Chuck Norris squared. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2013, 08:44:49 AM »
This board has some smart BB people but can be sooo sophomoric.

Red-shirt sophomores, perhaps.  I think that - technically - we're juniors. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mugrad99

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2013, 08:59:12 AM »
Does the aveda institute count?
Aveda institute has not passed the clearinghouse yet. NCAA is not sure if it is just a front for haircuts. Not enough traditional haircuts.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2013, 10:42:29 AM »
This board has some smart BB people but can be sooo sophomoric. I don't post much, but once the season was over, just bs time-wasters. Chuck Norris squared. 

"True enlightenment is only attained when one can find the humor in all things."  -  Ancient Chinese Proverb, originally coined by Chuck Norris
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2013, 09:24:27 AM »
Vander's tweet yesterday:

Fleo Blue @Vander13blue
This LA weather is too hot right now! Heading to get a cut with the bro @GDieng10.

Discuss.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2013, 11:46:48 AM »

Didn't Al once say that "the best thing about someone who is freshmanic is that he becomes sophomoric"...or something to that effect?

feedback