Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] Looking at the Transfer List  (Read 2891 times)

CrackedSidewalksSays

[Cracked Sidewalks] Looking at the Transfer List
« on: April 16, 2013, 12:15:10 PM »
Looking at the Transfer List

Written by: noreply@blogger.com (Alan Bykowski)

Last year Marquette added Trent Lockett, who proved to be the Leatherman of basketball, chipping in a little bit in every aspect of the game. Lockett was a big addition, especially after losing do-it-all Jae Crowder to the NBA. With Jake Thomas, Jamal Ferguson, Juan Anderson, and Vander Blue all leaving Marquette, Buzz Williams finds himself with two open scholarships rather than the expected one-too-many. It seems Marquette may need a guy who is immediately eligible as all three guys leaving projected to play the 2/3 positions at MU. Here are the 5 most intriguing immediately eligible players:

1) Antonio Barton: When looking at Memphis transfers that can play next year, Barton won't be the first name most Marquette fans think of. But in terms of need, Barton fits more of a hole than #3 on this list. He is an excellent shooter from range and would fill an immediate need of providing minutes at the 1-2 positions. Also the brother of former Marquette target and current NBA player Will Barton.
2) Josh Davis: Davis is a beastly power forward that averaged a double-double at Tulane last year. While Marquette has a lot of talent in the front court Davis would allow Jamil and Taylor to play down a position. He has also shown some ability to shoot the three and has the frame to play on the wing. He would allow for some very big lineups at the BC.
3) Tarik Black: Like Davis, former Marquette recruit Black would allow guys to play down a position, but unlike Davis it's highly unlikely Black would be able to rotate out to the wing. Black would be a solid pickup, but would create more of a logjam at the 4/5 positions where MU already has Otule, Gardner, and McKay.
4) Jerron Granberry:  He missed his senior season and elected to transfer instead of staying  at UNF. The question would be can he contribute at the high-major level?  Granberry is an efficient scorer, shoots the three well, rebounds, and  makes his free throws. He might be worth a look.
5) Sheldon McClellan:  Okay, I lied...McClellan isn't immediately available, but he is the most legitimate star available. The 6'4" Texas native can  put up a lot of points, draws fouls, is reliable at the line, and can  hit the three though isn't great from distance. Sound like someone we  know? He would be well worth having on scholarship for 3 years in order to have a proven high-major player for two years after the 2013-14 season is done.

http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2013/04/looking-at-transfer-list.html

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] Looking at the Transfer List
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 12:23:13 PM »
Spent some more time researching Josh Davis and I think I'd move him to the top of the list. In Lazar Hayward fashion, he was forced to play inside all last year because he was Tulane's only player taller than 6'6" (7'0" Tomas Bruha was injured midway through the season). He's a very versatile player that could have a major immediate impact.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 12:34:14 PM »
Anyone know why Barton's games played and minutes played fell off this year?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 01:11:16 PM »
Anyone know why Barton's games played and minutes played fell off this year?

I think it was a combination of two things. Adonis Thomas and DJ Stephens both took really big steps forward this year and Geron Johnson arrived as a JUCO transfer and immediately fit in with what Pastner wanted from him.

I have no idea if it played in, but with Will Barton gone, there might not have been as much need to make room for his brother.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 01:24:32 PM »
Do we really want Taylor to move down a position?  I think he is ideally suited to be a college 4.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 01:33:26 PM »
And from the JuCo ranks, Chad Frazier looks to be available again per this Twitter exchange

https://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/323930068021821440

and

http://www.jucorecruiting.com/chad-frazier-recruiting-ucla-latest-to-reach-out-to-chad-frazier-of-gulf-coast-state/

Frazier should definitely be our top JUCO target. Honestly, the immediately eligible pool is pretty thin. My only worry is if a JUCO could get his academics in line soon enough to be eligible at Marquette for 2013-14. It was difficult to get McKay on track and he had a full year. Giving a guy a summer might be too much to ask unless he's already ahead of the game academically.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 01:54:18 PM »
Frazier committed to Texas A&M a month or so ago.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 01:57:35 PM »
Frazier committed to Texas A&M a month or so ago.

he might have re-opened his recruitment

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 02:04:31 PM »
he might have re-opened his recruitment

He did. Heard that earlier today but wasn't sure it was public info yet.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 02:07:04 PM »
He committed and decommitted to Oklahoma State.

He committed and decommitted to Texas A&M.

A good choice for MU?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 02:20:06 PM »
If we lose another guard I'd be in for Granberry as a one year.  

I want Granberry.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 05:02:08 PM »
I want Granberry.

The Granberries taste like Granberries.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Mool212

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 05:19:20 PM »
Per Teddy Greenstein's Twitter, we're also pushing hard for Northwestern's Drew Crawford, who would be available from day one to play. I've been a Northwestern fan my entire life before I came to MU and would love to see this happen.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 05:23:08 PM »
Per Teddy Greenstein's Twitter, we're also pushing hard for Northwestern's Drew Crawford, who would be available from day one to play. I've been a Northwestern fan my entire life before I came to MU and would love to see this happen.

A source close to the talented wingman said Crawford will make "a good basketball decision," meaning he only would consider transferring if a top-notch team assures him of a prime-time role. There’s little doubt that would happen. So to keep him in Evanston, Collins should appeal to Crawford’s desire to complete the mission — to dance in March.
http://www.sippinonpurple.com/northwestern-wildcats-basketball/2013/3/29/4160038/drew-crawford-transfer-northwestern-injury-redshirt

Sounds like a good fit. Probably the best replacement we could get for Blue. A 15+ scorer from a big time conference with good range.

Mool212

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 05:35:37 PM »
When he's on he can shoot the lights out, plus he brings a good driving ability to the table as well. Top it off with the fact that he's a great kid (spoken with him on a few occasions) and he would be who I want starting for us next year.

Lacrosse218

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 07:41:04 PM »
Paint Touches recently tweeted that they got bad info regarding Drew Crawford.  MU has had no contact and he is still enrolled at NU....bummer

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 08:58:39 PM »
I've been a Northwestern fan my entire life before I came to MU and would love to see this happen.

Welcome--this is what winning looks like.

feedback