Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jamil Wilson  (Read 4888 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Jamil Wilson
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2013, 03:51:29 PM »
Play for pay. Ain't that what we all do?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2013, 03:54:07 PM »
I think he benefits more than Blue by sticking around another year. He has the tools and will be showcased, even more so with Blue gone. If he goes the defensive stand he had against Miami helped him a lot. Two quick blocks and got the loose ball. Very long and athletic gives him look of NBA guy. I say he sticks around.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2013, 03:56:05 PM »
I think he benefits more than Blue by sticking around another year. He has the tools and will be showcased, even more so with Blue gone. If he goes the defensive stand he had against Miami helped him a lot. Two quick blocks and got the loose ball. Very long and athletic gives him look of NBA guy. I say he sticks around.

One play in a blowout win helps him get drafted?  Doubtful.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4th and State

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2013, 03:56:43 PM »

I see where your coming from as he is going to have to be one of the go-to scorers next year, but I disagree a little bit.  I think it makes more sense for a guy like Wilson to leave early in a draft like this than Blue.  Not sure how Wilson is going increase his stock next year.  Maybe more consistency?  He's not going to shoot a much better clip, he's been in college for 4 years, only getting older...might be time to test the waters.  Hope the rumors are false though.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2013, 04:00:09 PM »
I see where your coming from as he is going to have to be one of the go-to scorers next year, but I disagree a little bit.  I think it makes more sense for a guy like Wilson to leave early in a draft like this than Blue.  Not sure how Wilson is going increase his stock next year.  Maybe more consistency?  He's not going to shoot a much better clip, he's been in college for 4 years, only getting older...might be time to test the waters.  Hope the rumors are false though.

With Blue gone he'd definitely be the featured scorer.  Instead of <10 ppg he'd probably average 16-18 with a higher shooting % and showcase his versatility on a nightly basis.  That has to have some appeal.  I can see it from the other way too though, but not sold that he'd be drafted.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2013, 04:01:15 PM »
Wadesworld

Did not say one play would get him drafted. Just saying big stage and big time plays in short order. He was stud in that game and definitely opened eyes IMO.

4th and State

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2013, 04:02:18 PM »
With Blue gone he'd definitely be the featured scorer.  Instead of <10 ppg he'd probably average 16-18 with a higher shooting % and showcase his versatility on a nightly basis.  That has to have some appeal.  I can see it from the other way too though, but not sold that he'd be drafted.

Didn't he shoot close to 40% from 3 this year?  I'm not sure he could do much better than that.

mubb34

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2013, 04:05:36 PM »
Why do you not believe that ? I think the chance Wilson leaves is close to 60/40 leaning towards staying the more I think about it. I mean isn't he already graduating this semester? It would be his fifth year in college and maybe he's ready to move on. I feel he would really benefit staying another year though and his stock would rise being the feature player on next year's team.

I just don't think he's ready. He has the opportunity next year to showcase and improve his game even more. His stock in my opinion has a way better chance in going up instead of going down next year. With that said, next years draft class is going to be really good so he may tread waters I guess...

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2013, 04:08:10 PM »
Didn't he shoot close to 40% from 3 this year?  I'm not sure he could do much better than that.

Shot 36% flat for the year.  Was trending up at the end of the season though with increased attempts, which leads me to believe that would carry over to a full season next year with additional polish & reps this off season.  I could see him shooting 40%+ on 5 attempts/game next year instead of 36% on just under 3 attempts/game this year.  That would definitely get noticed.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2013, 04:14:30 PM »
There is zero part of Jamil's game that is NBA-ready, and I'd be shocked if any NBA team would ever for a second think about drafting him.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2013, 04:15:51 PM »
Especially when I postwhore at work like now

Play for pay. Ain't that what we all do?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2013, 04:17:53 PM »
There is zero part of Jamil's game that is NBA-ready, and I'd be shocked if any NBA team would ever for a second think about drafting him.

0 part? Disagree. How many contested turnaround, fadeaway jumpers from the baseline has he hit the last 2 years? Those are entirely NBA shots. He can shoot the rock. And his size and athleticism are absolutely NBA ready. He's more ready for the NBA than Vander is, in my opinion.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2013, 04:32:13 PM »
He was inconsistent for a good chunk of the season and then really put it together in the end. We need him to help carry the load next year. We need the good Todd Mayo to show up as well. Gardner being a stud is a given but we need more than him. I think Wilson and Mayo are the X factors next year.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2013, 05:37:22 PM »
0 part? Disagree. How many contested turnaround, fadeaway jumpers from the baseline has he hit the last 2 years? Those are entirely NBA shots. He can shoot the rock. And his size and athleticism are absolutely NBA ready. He's more ready for the NBA than Vander is, in my opinion.

He is a 44 percent shooter who did not average 10 points a game in any of his three collegiate seasons. The NBA is full of guys who can hit those shots better than Jamil can. He can have a very nice career in Europe.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2013, 06:16:45 PM »
When Wilson declares Buzz will have the team he wants. One that no thinks will be any good and he then will get them to play with a chip on their shoulder.