Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bling  (Read 12051 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Bling
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 01:03:53 PM »
Why are players getting rings for NOT winning a championship of some sort. Regular season champion= RING! Sweet 16 or Elite 8= HELL TO THE NO, better luck next year! That's why everybody's so soft these days.  No Champion, NO RING!

Then again, why does everyone get excited then about a Sweet 16 trip or Elite 8?  Should we, as fans, also say championship or bust? 

I don't think this is a trophy for everyone argument people like to make, though I understand the slippery slope of getting there.

People are soft these days for a lot of reasons....we have a lot of delicate flowers setting policies in schools, government, business, etc. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2013, 01:23:43 PM »
Well then, they need to be deflowered.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2013, 02:14:00 PM »
Well then, they need to be deflowered.

Maybe ZFB can help with that

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2013, 03:47:49 PM »
I also don't like the idea of rings for Sweet 16s or Elite 8s.  FF, maybe, because at least you won your region.  Plus, people actually care a lot about making the final four. 

Anyway, just went on Yahoo! and found

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/jane-seymour-husband-james-keach-reunite-one-day-190000478-us-weekly.html

Ms. Seymour and her ex-husband in the Open Hearts Foundation Gala with special guests the Detroit Shock (or whoever won the WNBA tournament last year [this year?])

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2013, 05:43:37 PM »
Someone reported that the owner of this ring put it up for sale on ebay last week.

This is why I don't like when you do this....it reeks of Karma....Juan transferring today.  I know you were trying to be funny (Abell is not selling his rings), but kids transfer at an alarming rate in college hoops.  MU is no different than IU or many other schools...sadly.  I wish the kids would stay, but they don't.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2013, 07:08:28 PM »
Maybe ZFB can help with that

no coeds partied harder than teachers and nurses in college.

sarcastro

• Starter
  • Live Comedy. Dead Serious.
    • Coalition Theater
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2013, 08:04:11 PM »
Why are players getting rings for NOT winning a championship of some sort. Regular season champion= RING! Sweet 16 or Elite 8= HELL TO THE NO, better luck next year! That's why everybody's so soft these days.  No Champion, NO RING!

Well, could we at least agree that getting to the Elite 8 should result in less basketballs thrown at their heads in practice next season?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2013, 01:09:44 AM »
This is why I don't like when you do this....it reeks of Karma....Juan transferring today.  I know you were trying to be funny (Abell is not selling his rings), but kids transfer at an alarming rate in college hoops.  MU is no different than IU or many other schools...sadly.  I wish the kids would stay, but they don't.

It is always the weak, the lazy, the worthless, and the wicked who blame Karma.

Burmese Buddhist Proverb

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2013, 09:15:30 AM »
It is always the weak, the lazy, the worthless, and the wicked who blame Karma.

Burmese Buddhist Proverb

Then let's just call it an unfortunate coincidence.  You take a veiled shot at a kid leaving another program, and within 2 days one of ours leaves. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2013, 10:07:41 AM »
Then let's just call it an unfortunate coincidence.  You take a veiled shot at a kid leaving another program, and within 2 days one of ours leaves. 

Those obsessed with predicting Karma end up being ruled by their delusions over it.

The Buddha

Death on call

feedback