Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Vitale and Duke  (Read 3804 times)

COS98

• Walk-On
Vitale and Duke
« on: November 21, 2006, 08:23:57 AM »
It was great to beat Knight's team so handily that Vitale had to give credit to MU.  Tonight is very different.  Without surgery on the floor, Vitale's head will be attached to Coach K's colon for the entire game.  Our job is to win the game and force Dukie V to give us the credit we will hopefully deserve.  This game could keep us in the top 15 all year long, if not top 10.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Vitale and Duke
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 08:27:03 AM »
Indeed .. beat Duke, be 6-0, our ranking goes from #13 to single digits. -- Only because there's such little data on all the teams.   

Lose (knock on wood) and our ranking drops a place or two, since we also beat TT.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 08:39:12 AM »
a win tonight would look exceptional in March.....however, beating TT and playing Duke will prop up the RPI as well.  But lets bring home the W anyway

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 08:50:09 AM »
a win tonight would look exceptional in March.....however, beating TT and playing Duke will prop up the RPI as well.  But lets bring home the W anyway
Now that we beat TT, I hope that they have a nice season so that last night's game will be another "good win" in March.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Longstrangetrip

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 09:57:55 AM »
It was great to beat Knight's team so handily that Vitale had to give credit to MU.  Tonight is very different.  Without surgery on the floor, Vitale's head will be attached to Coach K's colon for the entire game.  Our job is to win the game and force Dukie V to give us the credit we will hopefully deserve.  This game could keep us in the top 15 all year long, if not top 10.

Vitale is the biggest DUIke shill there is. Here is to hoping you can shut him up tonight.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 10:00:59 AM »
so how many "Diaper Dandies" will Dukie V give the Duke players tonight, and how many times do you think he will say that McRoberts is the best big-man passer in the land, he might be, but everytime I watch a Duke game, I puke over what they say
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 10:40:30 AM »

Vitale is the biggest DUIke shill there is. Here is to hoping you can shut him up tonight.

LongStrangeTrip... glad that you found us here in our new, little home!!  Welcome to MUScoop!!  I'd say about 98% of the folks on rivals have made the switch to the free, non-associated board.  We're run by fans and for the fans!!  Anyway... welcome and best of luck until we have to come visit and then we'll need all the luck we can get.  I have a feeling ya'll are looking for some payback!!   :o

"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

Longstrangetrip

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 10:55:08 AM »
Thanks for the welcome LW. I enjoyed my time spent on your rivals board last year, even if you were dusting us up at the time. Hopefully we dont pay you back too much! Winning by a point will  be fine by me! ;)