[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Who do you want to win on Monday night?

University of Michigan
24 (16%)
University of Louisville
126 (84%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author Topic: Monday Night Championship  (Read 8954 times)

frozena pizza

• All American
Re: Who are you rooting for in the NCAA Championship Game?
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2013, 05:18:50 PM »
Does anyone think that it is possible or likely that we are able to continue our rivalry with Louisville now that we are going to different conferences?

I would rather see us continue to play Notre Dame.  I love that rivalry.

frozena pizza

• All American
Re: Monday Night Championship
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2013, 05:36:11 PM »
Appreciate the perspective if anyone here thought Ware's broken leg was more tragic than a war injury.  Similarly I could point out that the outcome of tonight's game is pretty trivial compared to North Korea obtaining a nuclear weapon or the tragedy at Sandy Hook.  Now that I've cleared that up, go Cards!

State Street Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2013, 05:55:51 PM »
I am surprised with the disparity in this vote. It can't be conference loyalty for we are effectively divorced now.

Exactly why I voted for Michigan, then again I've also been known to hold a grudge.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2013, 06:09:36 PM »
Exactly why I voted for Michigan, then again I've also been known to hold a grudge.

I have always respected Pitino in basketball if not in other matters. I shall miss our games against his Cards. Truly.

Death on call

Avenue Commons

• All American
Re: Who are you rooting for in the NCAA Championship Game?
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2013, 06:49:23 PM »
I voted the same way I voted in the other poll asking the exact same question.

Posted this first. Sorry.
We Are Marquette

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2013, 07:26:22 PM »
I worked about 2.5 years on the multi-trauma med-surg ward at Bethesda just before/during/after the Navy and Army hospital integration, and I had the honor and privilege of caring for our war-wounded men and women.  They're the main reason I became a Navy Nurse...I hated my nursing clinical rotations in the civilian hospitals.

As much as I love taking care of our Wounded Warriors, though, I'll gladly wipe old, obese butts the rest of my nursing career in exchange for our Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, and Airmen never getting hurt again...while serving, of course.  If you come into my glorified sick call of an Emergency Department for something dumb, I'm giving you some Vitamin M/Ranger Candy/Motrin and sending you home.

But yeah...getting back on track...While I did #PrayForWare, there are hundreds and thousands of our guys and girls coming back without any top Twitter trending hashtags...but that's okay...I just hope the American people don't need tweets or hashtags to remember and be thankful for their sacrifices.

Oh...and my bracket says Louisville (and I respect the hell out of them even if Ware hadn't gotten hurt), but a lot of my fellow Sailors are from Michigan...so Go Blue.  Between Marquette and the Navy, I have no shortage of blue and yellow gear.

Thanks for fixing us, LLRj! It's gotta be draining serving as you do. I don't ever have to prove my courage again but I cannot imagine what you see every day. Thanks bro.

BTW, Motrin is more correctly called ROMAD Raisins.

TACPs commuting to work

JTACs in Murghab Valley

Death on call

feedback