'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

NM by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:03:20 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MU82
[Today at 12:03:03 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Scoopers what is your honest gut feeling as we sit here less than 24 hrs to tip  (Read 5940 times)

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
Feeling pretty good. The last couple of games have looked good, and it's an opponent we know.  If it's close, we are a team that finds a way to win.
This team, this season, things seem to happen when they aren't supposed to.

Lennys Tap

• All American
Lenny

If it were not for the giant chp these guys are carrying on their shoulders I would right with you. Something about their walk and body language has me believing. We have rehashed Vander a million times on here, but he looks in another gear than just two weeks ago. Plus I have never Jamil have such a killer instinct that he is showing.

Truthfully if I had to make a bet I would take the Warriors. Not a homer call, just think they have an edge to them. After watching the Jimmy V 30 for 30 it shows what believing in yourself can make the unbelievable happen. The guy in charge of this team might just will them to FF.

I am sticking with a W tomorrow afternoon.

From your lips to God's ear, Goose.

JD

• All American
Lots and lots of down heads it seems.  I was hoping i was the only one.  

Thankfully i nor any of you guys are playing.  It's doable right?  Buzz owns Boeheim winning 3-4 games recently.  Buzz looked like a man on a fkin mission on the sidelines yesterday.  I don't think he nor his guys are expecting to lose tomorrow.  Golden Eagles by 7+ tomorrow.  I know they're going to do this.  Now is not the time for us to hang our heads, we need to stand behind the guys, let the media sh*t on them, not us.  I think Erik or Kenosha has a thread that says "are we now close to being elite"  A lot of us want to think we're close, so let's start fkin acting like it!

Lets Go BOYS!!!!
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
I'm a bit worried about this game. But, I was worried about the Miami game and look how that turned out. Cuse has been playing really good, but I would give the nod to us as we seem to have their number. I don't think there's anyway this isn't a close game.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 06:14:07 PM by MUFanatic4Life »

patso

• Team Captain
Jamil and Vander are really on their games. Otule and Gardner will give Syracuse trouble. Lockett is playing well. Mayo may get a chance to pop a few. I smell a win.

patso

• Team Captain
And with a win I would like to beat Florida Gulf Coast who I will root for tonight. I will also root strong for Tom izzo'steam

caltruda

63-58 win

MU86NC

• Starter
Pack your bags for ATL baby!!!

radome

• Team Captain
I was convinced that we would beat Davidson.

I was concerned about Butler; they have that history of upsets.

I was surprised/disappointed that the whole basketball world thought that we would get rolled by Miami but I thought that we had the edge in tournament experience and depth. I believed that we would edge them.

I am flat out afraid of Syracuse. They won't be awed by the bright lights. They lost to us so we won't be overlooked. We don't "own" the intangibles. It will be an old-fashioned Big East dog fight. The more determined and better coached team will win. In my heart, I think that we CAN be both of those. In my head, I don't think that we hold the edge. Heart, pls rule the day.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Lots and lots of down heads it seems.  I was hoping i was the only one.

Maybe this is a good thing. The media has been doubting this team all year and has been telling us throughout this tournament how we're just lucky. If even the diehard Marquette fans that are starting to come around to this team don't have faith in them, how can they lose?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Norm

• All American
If Marquette brings the same effort, grit and determination tomorrow night as they did against Miami, I think they win.

4everwarriors

• All American
Tie game w 40 minutes to go.  Doable.

F*ck yeah. Bring it bro, chief, kimosabe, boss, et al.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mr.MUskie

• All American

I was worried.  I feel better now.

🏀

• All American
F*ck yeah. Bring it bro, chief, kimosabe, boss, et al.

Gaylord.

NickelDimer

• All American
I told my brother, an SU grad, last night before the IU game that Marquette wouldn't beat Cuse again should they meet.  Unforunately now that their meeting is a reality I don't feel differently.  Here's hoping I'm wrong!!

Edit: F*ck that, we're shocking more pundits!!!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 06:14:16 PM by NickelDimer »
No Finish Line

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American

= WIN!
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
All I know is im heading back to campus tomorrow early from break. Heres hoping I get to a "Wisconsin Run"

real chili 83

• All American
We win.

Next question.

Da 'Lanche

• All American
I feel great!  Too many good stories on this team for it to end here.....feels at this point like destiny.   Stories of interest include:

The one-eyed center nobody wanted
The one year transfer with the mother battling cancer
The eccentric and heartfelt coach who bootstrapped his way up from nowhere by perseverance, hard work, faith and was the shocking choice to take over a program and is now mentioned in every open position at an elite program.
The first full 4 year recruit under the coach who has become like his son
The superstar recruit who transformed his game on and off the court to prove all his doubters wrong
The transfer from Oregon who has figured it out
The football player from Alaska who somehow services as a defensive stopper and back up pg
The kid from Chicago with the smile and the balls to contribute right away
The assistant coach from DePaul who has found redemption

I mean, c'mon....ho can the dream end here?

Oh yeah, and we know Syracuse well and will slash and burn that zone while holding them in check on defense.

I have a vision of boys in baby blues cutting down the nets while my eyes grow misty and my scotch glass empties...

Benny B

• All American
My honest feeling... MU ticket office is going to be charging my credit card in 24 hours. Then I have to figure out how the heck I'm getting to ATL.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ecompt

• All American
I honestly believe we lose a close game because our shots won't fall from outside. I believe I will be upset for about an hour and then realize that this team has been an excruciating pleasure to watch and that I cannot wait for next season.

patso

• Team Captain
WRONG!!!!

ppp098

• Starter
We win.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
I feel great!  Too many good stories on this team for it to end here.....feels at this point like destiny.   Stories of interest include:

The one-eyed center nobody wanted
The one year transfer with the mother battling cancer
The eccentric and heartfelt coach who bootstrapped his way up from nowhere by perseverance, hard work, faith and was the shocking choice to take over a program and is now mentioned in every open position at an elite program.
The first full 4 year recruit under the coach who has become like his son
The superstar recruit who transformed his game on and off the court to prove all his doubters wrong
The transfer from Oregon who has figured it out
The football player from Alaska who somehow services as a defensive stopper and back up pg
The kid from Chicago with the smile and the balls to contribute right away
The assistant coach from DePaul who has found redemption

I mean, c'mon....ho can the dream end here?

Oh yeah, and we know Syracuse well and will slash and burn that zone while holding them in check on defense.

I have a vision of boys in baby blues cutting down the nets while my eyes grow misty and my scotch glass empties...

We've got the feelgood stories, but they are the evil empire with pretty much a home game. I'm a little worried but am encouraged how we've responded to every challenge so far.

Go Warriors!

MUBurrow

• All American
To me, part of being an MU fan means never feeling like we should win. And the only time I feel worse than that is when I feel like we should or will win. Hashtag catholic guilt. The way I feel about this team and school is not healthy.

feedback