Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: "Best Game of the Tournament So Far"  (Read 3002 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
"Best Game of the Tournament So Far"
« on: March 23, 2013, 09:40:00 PM »
Per Greg Anthony and Kenny Smith. Hope is was aesthetically pleasing enough for the critics on Scoop.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: "Best Game of the Tournament So Far"
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 09:40:41 PM »
Per Greg Anthony and Kenny Smith. Hope is was aesthetically pleasing enough for the critics on Scoop.

Two best games of the tournament so far...at least for excitement.  Marquette in both of them.  I don't think anyone will question that.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 09:41:01 PM »
Completely agreed Lenny.
GO WARRIORS!

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 09:41:59 PM »

I would have been good with a boring blow out, as long as we were doing the blowing out.  

But I'm so happy!!!!

SWEET 16, BABY!!!!     ;D
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 10:32:16 PM »
Two best games of the tournament so far...at least for excitement.  Marquette in both of them.  I don't think anyone will question that.

That wasn't what Anthony meant.

muguru

• All American
MU first team in history to win a tie game...Hahah
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 10:51:55 PM »
Updated: 10:10 p.m. | Marquette is going back to the Sweet 16 for the third time in three years. The Golden Eagles came back to beat Butler, 74-74, Saturday night before a crowd of 20,601 at Rupp Arena

:o
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

San Diego Warrior

• Starter
Commentator of the Syracuse Game
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 10:52:39 PM »
"How about this marquette team that won two games they had no business winning, and now they're in the sweet 16."

How did they have no business winning against Butler?  They outplayed them, and won that game.  They did get lucky to pull out the win the first game, but earned this second game.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Commentator of the Syracuse Game
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 11:16:14 PM »

How did they have no business winning against Butler?  They outplayed them, and won that game.  They did get lucky to pull out the win the first game, but earned this second game.

Agree

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 11:55:57 PM »
Forget the tournament, tonight was one of the best games I saw all year. Just when you think MU can't possibly be any tougher,they come out and play that second half. Hats off to Butler too,because they were right there with em. In the end, MU just wore down and shut down Clarke. Fantastic basketball game.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 08:21:57 AM »
I was at work but called my wife with 7 minutes left and told her, "Win or lose, we;re going to want to watch this when I get home. This is a great, game basketball game." One for the ages.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 08:24:50 AM »
I was at work but called my wife with 7 minutes left and told her, "Win or lose, we;re going to want to watch this when I get home. This is a great, game basketball game." One for the ages.

Said the same thing to my buddies while watching.  This is just a good basketball game. You really couldn't ask for anything more...... well, you could ask for the outcome we got, which I did ask for, and received.

warriors1991

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 08:30:07 AM »
No doubt. I was at my kid's bball tournament and had to watch it on a crappy 16inch tv in the lobby of a high school in central WI with no sound, fuzzy reception, and with about 5 total strangers who were clearly Badger fans (while NOT watching my daughter's 6th grade game, or at least most of it.........priorities).

All the strangers begrudgingly said "what a great game."
I can't wait to get home tonight and watch the entire thing all over again.......in glorious high def. Great great game.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 08:31:20 AM »
If Butler had made one of their last shots, I would have been heartbroken, but it still would have been an awesome game to watch.    Look forward to seeing them on a regular basis.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Commentator of the Syracuse Game
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 08:32:05 AM »
"How about this marquette team that won two games they had no business winning, and now they're in the sweet 16."

Against Davidson...

• Marquette outrebounded the Wildcats 38-23 and killed them 14-4 on the offensive glass.
  • Marquette outshot the best free throw shooting team in the country, but it was only a slightly above average game for Marquette at the line (difference of 1 FT make)
  • Marquette only turned the ball over 9 times, and 3 in the second half.
Against Butler the box scores were virtually identical. They shot slightly better from three and at a higher rate, we shot better from the line at a higher rate. We scored 10 more points at the line, they scored 6 more beyond the arc (in terms of 3-point versus 2-point shots). Rebounding, turnovers, FG%, it was all virtually equal.

Davidson outplayed us in some aspects, we outplayed them in some aspects. Against Butler we played a dead heat. Someone has to win. We earned both of those wins.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

96warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 08:58:16 AM »
Thanks for posting that, Brew. I have been arguing with everyone that the Davidson game wasn't us getting lucky, we earned that game. I just could never in a million years explain why as well as you did.

What a tournament for us....beyond excited there is more to come!