Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette Texas Tech Game Pics  (Read 6133 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Marquette Texas Tech Game Pics
« on: November 20, 2006, 11:09:18 PM »
I have a WHOLE new respect for the pics that 'topper posts.  I've got a few, all very blurry!  *sorry*

1) McNeal for a 3 (I think he missed)
2) Matthews driving
3) McNeal breakaway dunk
4) Knight getting steamed :)

They're attached, just login to view

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Marquette Texas Tech Game Pics
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 11:13:58 PM »
As promised (by spiral), since I know everyone loves him, Mr V....

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 11:14:38 PM »
Good job Rocky. ;)

GREAT job mu_hilltopper :)

tweakers_suck

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 12:09:59 AM »
Uh.... not to be picky, but even your still shots are blurry?  Thanks for the effort tonight and better luck tomorrow.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 12:15:31 AM »
I'm gonna' blame that on the moving risers :P  That, or too much caffeine.  Eh, I just suck at pictures...you should have seen what happened before digital :P

I'll try some more tomorrow, but as long as the team wins, I'll consider it a success :)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 08:11:02 AM »
Rock .. yup, it's tough.  You really need to milk your camerea as far as it will go.

Your pics are blurry because there's not enough light, plus the guys are moving so quick.

Not sure what your cam is capable of, but here are some things to try for tonight's Duke game.

1. Check and see if your cam has an ISO setting.  It's usually 100, 200, 400, 800, etc.  The higher you go, the less blurry your shots will be.  Unfortunately, the higher you go, the  more noisy your shots, too.  But at least they're not blurry.

2. See if your cam has a sport mode, or try to change the shutter speed to at least 1/80th or higher.  Even 1/80th gets blurry sometimes, as these guys are moving so quick.

3. I usually prime my camera, hold the button down half way, so the autofocus lag is already done.  Then you can snap it quick when something happens on your end of the court.

4. Take lots of shots.  I have blurry ones too, you just don't get to see em, as I'll take 50-70 shots and pick the best ~10.

5. Feel free not to zoom too much .. the more you zoom, the less light there is.  Then you crop.  This can backfire, though, depending on the megapixels your cam has.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 09:56:06 AM »
Uh.... not to be picky, but even your still shots are blurry?  Thanks for the effort tonight and better luck tomorrow.

I think this is because Rocky was trying to be artisitic and give you the impression that you were at the game with him and just consumed a couple of dozen lagers!   ;D
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3