Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: WARRIORS WIN!!!!  (Read 4635 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: I turned the game off with 1:30 to go.
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 05:36:03 PM »
Davidson was up 1, MU with no timeouts and they threw the ball out of bounds with 6.7 seconds left.  MU goes down and Vander hits a layup to win.

We hit a couple of 3's in the last 1:30 to get it closer.  Sometimes the best team doesn't win.  Sometimes the best team wins, even if they were bettered by another team...that was the case today.  Davidson's FT shooting, their strong point, really hurt them.

I know, I checked the game thread here, and saw we were down 2 with 20sec to go, and then tried furiously to get my stream back up.  Saw the replay on the deadspin article linked.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
Re: I turned the game off with 1:30 to go.
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 05:37:16 PM »
Davidson was up 1, MU with no timeouts and they threw the ball out of bounds with 6.7 seconds left.  MU goes down and Vander hits a layup to win.

We hit a couple of 3's in the last 1:30 to get it closer.  Sometimes the best team doesn't win.  Sometimes the best team wins, even if they were bettered by another team...that was the case today.  Davidson's FT shooting, their strong point, really hurt them.
You're wrong. We are the better team. We have the better coach. We won.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
Re: WARRIORS WIN!!!!
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2013, 05:46:52 PM »
I can actually enjoy a Friday of basketball tomorrow.  Thank you MU.
The only issue is that it will be taking up 3 hours on my DVR all summer and my wife will keep asking when I'm going to erase it.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 05:47:59 PM »
I can actually enjoy a Friday of basketball tomorrow.  Thank you MU.
The only issue is that it will be taking up 3 hours on my DVR all summer and my wife will keep asking when I'm going to erase it.

+1 I really wish you could delete parts of recordings. I had the DJO 3 Syracuse game on my DVR forever.

Fantastic finish, GO WARRIORS!!!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2013, 05:57:06 PM »
Hah .. My father in law just called.  He couldn't get a stream and was watching the score at the library.

Turned it off with 2 mins to go, walked home sad and dejected.  Got home to hear us yelling and going nuts on his answering machine.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2013, 06:02:41 PM »
When down by 9, Crean would've found a way...........to lose by 15.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2013, 06:35:06 PM »
Hah .. My father in law just called.  He couldn't get a stream and was watching the score at the library.

Turned it off with 2 mins to go, walked home sad and dejected.  Got home to hear us yelling and going nuts on his answering machine.

Awesome story.  I am on the road.  Finished a meeting with 13 minutes left and pulled into the parking lot of the coffee shop where I had lunch.  Close enough to pick up there wifi and watch the rest of the game (in and out) on my ipad, while posting on scoop and texting Mrs. Legs, Legs Jr and a friend.  The best type of insanity.  The Manhattan calmed me, and the follow-up kDobble IPA has me glowing.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2013, 06:45:31 PM »
Did I read somewhere that MU scored 14 points in the last 93 seconds?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

MU111

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2013, 07:08:31 PM »
Did I read somewhere that MU scored 14 points in the last 93 seconds?

13-5 run over the last 93.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2013, 07:11:00 PM »
When down by 9, Crean would've found a way...........to lose by 15.

Crean came back on the road down 6 with 90 seconds to go against MSU and UM.   I think Buzz is better and outcoached McKillop today, but Crean HAS come back late on the road this year. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2013, 07:11:13 PM »
  The Manhattan calmed me,

It took two manhattans for me....

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2013, 07:11:35 PM »
I had to work during the game, so I shut down my internet and turned off my phone until I could get home and watch it off of the DVR.

With three minutes left, I started doing the 30-second skip just to get it over with.  I had to rewind it after I saw the team jumping up and down and cheering.

My brother (a Tennessee Vols fan) had a text that said "WTF?" all teed up to send me as soon as Marquette officially lost.  He sent it anyway; he said it was still appropriate.
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2013, 07:12:38 PM »
Hope you told him to suck it.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2013, 07:15:35 PM »
Someone mention 38-23 REB edge being only good stat of game.....I like the under 10 turn-overs (9) with 3 coming on first 3 possesions, AND the W was very nice!!!
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2013, 07:16:47 PM »
If Davidson hits their usual free throw percentage, we get our ass handed to us.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2013, 07:18:55 PM »
I let out a primal scream worthy of Jamil Wilson when Blue's shot went in...and then said "I can't believe we won that game" about 18 times.

That will be a game I never forget.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2013, 07:19:57 PM »
Kinda orgasmic, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2013, 07:20:16 PM »
If Davidson hits their usual free throw percentage, we get our ass handed to us.

No, they shot 14-22 for the game.   Their season percentage would have indicated 17-22.      
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

dinger

• Starter
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2013, 07:20:55 PM »

If we shoot like we normally can, we run away with this.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2013, 07:22:35 PM »
No, they shot 14-22 for the game.   Their season percentage would have indicated 17-22.      

How do you figure no? I count 3 extra pts. And we won by 1.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2013, 07:51:18 PM »
We would have lost close, not getting our butt handed to us. 

The Process

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2013, 07:55:37 PM »
Relax. Respect the Process.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2013, 08:06:26 PM »
Kinda orgasmic, hey?

I assume this is in reference to your Crean comments because you still talk about him all the time.  Give it up.  You just come off as someone who got dumped by the love of their life.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2013, 08:14:08 PM »
Awesome story.  I am on the road.  Finished a meeting with 13 minutes left and pulled into the parking lot of the coffee shop where I had lunch.  Close enough to pick up there wifi and watch the rest of the game (in and out) on my ipad, while posting on scoop and texting Mrs. Legs, Legs Jr and a friend.  The best type of insanity.  The Manhattan calmed me, and the follow-up kDobble IPA has me glowing.

Here's mine:  Part of an interview committee so I was only able to check in between interviews. Right before the final one I check and see 49-44 with 3 to go.  The last girl interviewed probably got some of the lowest undeserved scores ever given as I'm not sure I heard a word that was said.  When she walked out I checked my phone to find 10 texts, not wanting to read the sorrow my friends were wanting to share... the first one, a Purdue fan says "skin of your teeth", I flip to the next, my old roomie at MU and just says "OH MY GOD!!!". I run out of the room and get as many accounts as I can on the way home to my precious DVR.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2013, 08:19:07 PM »
I assume this is in reference to your Crean comments because you still talk about him all the time.  Give it up.  You just come off as someone who got dumped by the love of their life.

I take it to mean that we went from the lowest of lows to the highest of highs in no time flat.

We were completely dead in the water and about as dejected as we could get at Replay, minus the d-bag soccer fans screaming at the Italia match at the table behind us.  Why the heck where they even ALLOWED to watch futbol there today?  But the guys came back.  They took those body punches and hit one amazing counterpunch in those last 93 seconds to floor the team that seemed destined to win.  Marquez to Manny Pacquiao's chin style.
Relax. Respect the Process.

feedback