[June 08, 2024, 07:03:51 PM]

And The New...... by Tyler COLEk
[June 08, 2024, 11:45:55 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Herman Cain
[June 08, 2024, 11:31:50 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MuggsyB
[June 08, 2024, 10:56:27 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Right now, what is your confidence that MU will beat Davidson?

Extremely positive
35 (18.3%)
Positive
81 (42.4%)
Slightly Positive
52 (27.2%)
Unsure
9 (4.7%)
Slightly Negative
9 (4.7%)
Negative
5 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 189

Author Topic: Your confidence meter today  (Read 4737 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Your confidence meter today
« on: March 21, 2013, 10:49:39 AM »
Let the games begin.
SS Marquette

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Re: Your confidence meter today
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 10:53:41 AM »
I believe Marquette should beat Davidson. In fact, I think they have a good draw and serious chance at an Elite Eight.

I continue, as all of 2013, to be wary of their ability to disappear for six, seven, eight minute stretches of games.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 10:58:03 AM »
I don't usually do this, but I listened to Mike & Mike this morning.  It sounded like they had very similar brackets except MU/Davidson.  So Golic was saying his chances of beating Greeny basically comes down to Marquette.

I think it was Gottleib sitting in with him who pointed out that Stephen Curry is not on this Davidson team... at that point, you could hear the second-guessing, lament and horror in Golic's voice for having chosen Davidson.  At that point, I went from 66% to 95% that MU has got this.

There are going to be a lot of people feeling really stupid at 4:30p today... I just hope I'm not one of them.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 11:03:22 AM »
Buzz will have them ready!

sarcastro

• Starter
  • Live Comedy. Dead Serious.
    • Coalition Theater
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 11:13:32 AM »
Marquette will have to play a Villanovaesque 'perfect game' to overcome a Davidson squad that when 9-6 out of conference and lost to UWM.   Davidson really only has to show up, if the previews I'm reading are to be believed.

SoCalEagle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 11:21:56 AM »
I see a solid victory for the warriors today. The outcome will not be in doubt during the last 5 minutes of the game. Looking for 8 to 10 point win.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 11:22:55 AM »
Off the charts confident. Feel same to make S16.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 11:31:23 AM »
I believe we will win.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 11:34:51 AM »
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 11:35:21 AM »
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

MU_LOL

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 11:36:21 AM »
I believe we will win.

hey, didn't you get the memo that scoop frowns upon using another school's chant?
I'm Ron Burgundy?

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 11:40:20 AM »
I'd tell Davidson to make sure to have the bus ready for their 6 and 1/2 hour ride home!

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 11:44:30 AM »
People keep talking about how Davidson has experience as a reason they will bear MU.  MU has been to back to back S16 and play mostly upperclassmen so I'm not sure why people aren't going a step further in their analysis.

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 11:50:00 AM »
People keep talking about how Davidson has experience as a reason they will bear MU.  MU has been to back to back S16 and play mostly upperclassmen so I'm not sure why people aren't going a step further in their analysis.
agreed. They're a dangerous team but you think anyone would draw us in the tourney and be excited?

Their 3pt shooting is the only thing that's a differentiator IMO.

At the same time they're a solid program and I like their coach/style of play. Will make it more satisfying to get to round 2/3

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 11:51:47 AM »
People keep talking about how Davidson has experience as a reason they will bear MU.  MU has been to back to back S16 and play mostly upperclassmen so I'm not sure why people aren't going a step further in their analysis.

If Davidson was in the Big East they would be a #1 seed. They are awfully good, talented and experienced. Actually, I am predicting Davidson to end the Miami Heat's current winning streak sometime next week and to knock the Blackhawks out of the play-offs come April.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 11:54:15 AM »
If Davidson was in the Big East they would be a #1 seed. They are awfully good, talented and experienced. Actually, I am predicting Davidson to end the Miami Heat's current winning streak sometime next week and to knock the Blackhawks out of the play-offs come April.

Good analysis.  I further predict that following the Stanley Cup, they will take up soccer....   ;)

Go Warriors!!
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 11:55:22 AM »
Good analysis.  I further predict that following the Stanley Cup, they will take up soccer....   ;)

Go Warriors!!

Take to soccer, where they will be primed for glory, until, that is, they run into the buzz saws that are the Dayton and Xavier basketball teams.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 12:01:26 PM »
Something is not right. I'm far more comfortable than I usually am before tourney games. Anxiety is starting to hit now that the two traditional teams before us are playing, but feeling pretty good.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2013, 12:04:31 PM »
As long as Juan Felix's ghost doesn't inhabit a Davidson guard, MU has this one.

If so, Father Kelly better have brushed up on how to conduct a exorcism at halftime.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 12:09:00 PM »
I believe Marquette should beat Davidson. In fact, I think they have a good draw and serious chance at an Elite Eight.

I continue, as all of 2013, to be wary of their ability to disappear for six, seven, eight minute stretches of games.

That's exactly how I felt when putting together my bracket. Then I looked at the likely Elite Eight matchups and thought, "we've already beaten Syracuse" and "If IU gets there, I just gotta go with my homerism." So, I've got MU in the Final Four. (Only to lose--again--to Florida.)

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 12:10:14 PM »
That's exactly how I felt when putting together my bracket. Then I looked at the likely Elite Eight matchups and thought, "we've already beaten Syracuse" and "If IU gets there, I just gotta go with my homerism." So, I've got MU in the Final Four. (Only to lose--again--to Florida.)
same here

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 12:14:47 PM »
Not sure if it will ultimately help or hurt us (probably help) but watching the Butler/Bucknell game it looks like the rims are really tight.  It will be hard to get hot from 3 with rims this tight, so whoever can get easy layups and baskets inside might have the upper hand.

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 12:14:52 PM »
People keep talking about how Davidson has experience as a reason they will bear MU.  MU has been to back to back S16 and play mostly upperclassmen so I'm not sure why people aren't going a step further in their analysis.

I was just thinking about this and the more people pick Davidson the more I get pissed. We have won 28 games in the Big East the last two years! 4 of our starters have been on the last 2 sweet 16 teams! Ooooh Davidson played a couple of teams and in nonconference, so what! We played the Big East schedule, we have been tested everyday since January began!

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 12:26:48 PM »
I'm going extremely positive.  doesn't mean the same thing as predicting a blowout, though.  8 to 12 point win.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Bieberhole69

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 12:35:27 PM »
As long as Juan Felix's ghost doesn't inhabit a Davidson guard, MU has this one.

If so, Father Kelly better have brushed up on how to conduct a exorcism at halftime.

I hope Juan Felix, the Lopez twins, and Quincy Pondexter all rot in hell.

feedback