Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Another Big East tourney turd  (Read 4390 times)

79Warrior

• All American
Re: Another Big East tourney turd
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2013, 11:20:00 PM »
To be honest it all depends on match ups.  Wouldn't be surprised to see this team lost its first game, wouldn't be surprised to see this team make it to the elite 8.  It all depends on who we get.

I would be pretty surprised to see us in the Elite 8. I just don't like the way we have played the last few games. I can see us one and done next week.

karavotsos

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2013, 11:20:26 PM »
I hate losing in the Big East tourney.  I hate it that this is the last one with all the teams, and MU didn't win one.  I wanted MU to go to NYC and show those mf'ers that we were the toughest team in the league.  

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2013, 11:22:26 PM »
while winning the last few games of year, the performances have not been stellar -  need a big turnaround or else a first round exit is likely...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2013, 11:23:02 PM »
I hate losing in the Big East tourney.  I hate it that this is the last one with all the teams, and MU didn't win one.  I wanted MU to go to NYC and show those mf'ers that we were the toughest team in the league.  

Tough sure, not that talented though.

BE Tournament is for TV, I'm never worried about it unless its making the tournament.

karavotsos

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2013, 11:26:23 PM »
Big East tourney is about tough more than talented.  The play of the night was in the UL game when they showed the closeup of raking a guy's arm from behind with no foul call.  You just have to play more aggressive all the time.  Hit the other guy first.  It's what Pitino complimented MU on their rebounding on earlier in the year.  Create the collision. 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2013, 11:26:59 PM »
Can you imainge this board in 2003 after losing to UAB in the first round of the CUSA tournament?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2013, 11:28:12 PM »
Big East tourney is about tough more than talented.  The play of the night was in the UL game when they showed the closeup of raking a guy's arm from behind with no foul call.  You just have to play more aggressive all the time.  Hit the other guy first.  It's what Pitino complimented MU on their rebounding on earlier in the year.  Create the collision. 

Unfortunately I think this hurts Big East teams come NCAA time.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2013, 11:29:23 PM »

The most talented teams in the BE are playing tomorrow. Probably not the toughest though.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2013, 12:04:10 AM »
Can you imainge this board in 2003 after losing to UAB in the first round of the CUSA tournament?

Did they really? And we all know what happened in the tourney in 03.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2013, 12:27:13 AM »

My sentiments exactly.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2013, 12:31:31 AM »

They did. Spectacularly. 30 turnover spectacularly. I won't blame you if you repressed the memory.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=230720269

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2013, 12:33:34 AM »

Yeah, #3 on MU was 3-12 and had 10 turnovers in the game. He had an ok NCAA tournament if I recall.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2013, 12:37:24 AM »

Anything can happen in the tournament, but that 2003 team was a lot better than this team.  Hopefully we get a good draw next week.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2013, 12:41:35 AM »
Anything can happen in the tournament, but that 2003 team was a lot better than this team.  Hopefully we get a good draw next week.

No question about that. With the defensive rebounding/turnover issues this team has had, I'll be over the moon if they get to the second weekend again.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2013, 12:43:42 AM »
I would be pretty surprised to see us in the Elite 8. I just don't like the way we have played the last few games. I can see us one and done next week.
 Surprised?  I'd say more like in cardiac arrest.  

Let's face it, we played poorly in our last 2 league games against weak opponents and were lucky to win.  Now, we play that way against a better team and this is the result.  When we had a 17-4 lead and kept turning the ball over, well,that was the turning point of the entire game.  

Blew it.  Very disappointing.