Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] Golden Eagles improve to 2-0 on trip  (Read 2476 times)

ToddRosiakSays

[Rosiak's Blog] Golden Eagles improve to 2-0 on trip
« on: September 02, 2007, 02:15:01 AM »
Golden Eagles improve to 2-0 on trip

Marquette had five players score in double figures, led by Lazar Hayward's 14 points, to beat University College of the Fraser Valley, 90-55, on Saturday night.
Hayward, a sophomore forward, also pulled down a game-high nine rebounds for the Golden Eagles, who had roughly eight hours between exhibition games in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Wesley Matthews added 13 points, Dominic James and freshman guard Scott Christopherson 12 apiece and Jerel McNeal 10 as MU shot 53.7%.
The Golden Eagles play Douglas College Sunday morning, then conclude their four-game tour against the University of Victoria.
Here is the box from Game 2.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/muhoops/archive/2007/09/02/golden-eagles-improve-to-2-0-on-trip.aspx

mviale

• All American
Re: [Rosiak's Blog] Golden Eagles improve to 2-0 on trip
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 09:31:48 AM »
seems to me that Matthews could be someone to lean on more than DJ and Mcneal for scoring.

You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 09:53:20 AM »
seems to me that Matthews could be someone to lean on more than DJ and Mcneal for scoring.

well, DJ's done decently so far in these games, especially with the double double in the first game.  The thing I find a bit alarming is that Ousmane's numbers aren't really making all that much of an improvement, but then again, there are all those uncharted factors like altering shots and all that...But nice to see Brice finally got a bucket!

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 10:55:32 AM »
[

[/quote]

well, DJ's done decently so far in these games, especially with the double double in the first game.  The thing I find a bit alarming is that Ousmane's numbers aren't really making all that much of an improvement, but then again, there are all those uncharted factors like altering shots and all that...But nice to see Brice finally got a bucket!
[/quote]

I am not sure Ousmane's numbers are that revealing. MU has plenty of offensive weapons and the offense clearly is not built around him.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 12:00:42 PM »

I am not sure Ousmane's numbers are that revealing. MU has plenty of offensive weapons and the offense clearly is not built around him.

Well, yeah, I know that, but he's barely grabbin as many boards as I'd like him to.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 12:23:09 PM »

Well, yeah, I know that, but he's barely grabbin as many boards as I'd like him to.

If MU was missing more, you might see his reb #s go up. ;)
SS Marquette

bma725

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 12:56:58 PM »

His rebounding numbers, if you look at it per minute, are almost exactly the same as what he did last year.  And given that he didn't work out here for much of the summer, I'd say thats pretty good.

deerchaser

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »
I was just taking a quick look at the box scores and I found it interesting the James didn't start Game 2 against UCFV.  Something some posters seem to wish to see all season.

http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/marq/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/mu_ucfvboxscore