collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Unranked Purdue Looking to Humiliate #17 Wisconsin at the Kohl  (Read 5021 times)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Unranked Purdue Looking to Humiliate #17 Wisconsin at the Kohl
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2013, 02:32:34 PM »
Losing a home game to Purdue!   Inexcusable.    Wheeeeeee!    With MU's two wins this week, we have to move ahead of them in the polls and the projected brackets.    Pomeroy probably moves Wiscy up, though.    If MU wins out, I like our chances at a 3 seed. 

I do too. If we get some traction in the BE Championship it will be a given. Wisconsin losing today was huge.

Death on call

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2013, 02:40:44 PM »
I do too. If we get some traction in the BE Championship it will be a given. Wisconsin losing today was huge.

Take care of business this week, and don't drop the quarter-final game of the BE, and I think we're a 3--the teams around us in the S-curve all have much harder games this week. 

Make it to the BE championship, and I think we have an outside shot at a 2.  Win-out, and I think we're a definite 2.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2013, 02:52:29 PM »
The only good thing about Wisconsin losing is that it makes in-state recruits set their sights on MU.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2013, 02:55:49 PM »
The only good thing about Wisconsin losing is that it makes in-state recruits set their sights on MU.

Not sure today's loss is going to sway anyone...

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2013, 02:56:40 PM »

How so? Recruiting, generally, is predicated on relationships, not a game or two in the loss column.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2013, 02:59:08 PM »

The only good thing? Please.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2013, 03:04:11 PM »

How so? Recruiting, generally, is predicated on relationships, not a game or two in the loss column.

Remember the Earl Tatum story? He was basically decided on IIII but then Al meets him at his hotel restaurant after breakfast and starts eating the leftover bacon on Tatum's plate. Tatum knew then he had to play for Al.

Death on call

chapman

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2013, 03:39:28 PM »
I assumed an easy win when I saw UW was up by 9 or 10 in the first half.  Saw this thread just now and thought it was going to be something ridiculous, then checked the final score - LOL.  Losing to Purdue at home in March is far worse than losing to GB on the road in December.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2013, 03:42:15 PM »
Apparently.......Diamond Stone decided to attend today's Wisconsin/Purdue game ;D......and saw the lack of effort ;D.....and fan support when the game goes against them ;D......and the 'fans' leaving early......  ;D      Buzz, show him the MU senior day highlights back to back with the Wiscy senior day highlights.    
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2013, 03:49:44 PM »
And, we want to make sure that we stay ahead of Wisconsin, as they are one of our biggest oppositions to getting a decent opening round pod assignment instead of getting shipped somewhere out west.  This was a really good result for us because of that, since they've been creeping up on us in the S-curve.

True, but only if we are both 16th or better and they are ahead of us on the official committee S-curve.  Basically, we'd like all Midwest based teams above us to move down the S or even better, below the #4 seed line and into someone else's pod.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2013, 03:52:14 PM »
Stone was in the building too.

So in a week he watches Marquette win against 'Cuse and Bucky lose to Purdue.
yes
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2013, 04:08:25 PM »
True, but only if we are both 16th or better and they are ahead of us on the official committee S-curve.  Basically, we'd like all Midwest based teams above us to move down the S or even better, below the #4 seed line and into someone else's pod.

That's right--but, as it currently stands, I think we are most likely a 4-seed, and this loss dropped UW off of the 4-seed line. 

I posted earlier about my current prognostications about location possibilities, using Lunardi's most up-to-date S-curve:  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=36279.0

When you say "official committee S-curve", what are you talking about?  Just curious if there is something out there that I wasn't aware of.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2013, 04:09:54 PM »
The only good thing? Please.

That was obviously hyperbole...

Ynaught

• Walk-On
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2013, 04:16:31 PM »
Less than 9,000 on senior night?  Come on, Badger fans.  Maybe more will show up when Wisconsin gets a high major coach

Check again ... Over 17000 people in stands in Madison.  Kohl Center has smaller capacity, and it was close to shut out.  Makes no sense to bash Badgers (except once a year).

I will say this for MU student section.  10 years ago, the Badgers Kohl Center rocked it out, cheers were loud and organized.  All reversed now.  More MU students every game, and they are HEARD, and they actually cheer ... together.  More originality. 

With kids in Madison, and as MU alum, this is a wonderful thing.  I bring them to MU a few times a year so they can learn to cheer.

But Kohl Center was sold out (or close).  There were far less empty seats in Madison today than there were, for example for MU/Syracuse game.  This does not mean MU fans are bad, it just means that bashing Bucky is a losing proposition.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2013, 04:42:50 PM »
Losing a home game to Purdue!   Inexcusable.    Wheeeeeee!    With MU's two wins this week, we have to move ahead of them in the polls and the projected brackets.    Pomeroy probably moves Wiscy up, though. 

Is there any ranking higher than No. 1? That's where Pomeroy will have Wiscy.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

augoman

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2013, 05:28:07 PM »
ynaught, it's tough to compare a monday night deep-freeze game to a sunny Saturday afternoon/senior night game.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2013, 06:44:20 PM »
Painter would be lethal with better talent.   He coaches up defense as well as Bo and doesn't relegate his offense to a perimeter focused philosophy.

feedback