Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: D. Wilson  (Read 6354 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: D. Wilson
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2013, 03:20:48 PM »
Wrong. Junior was a disaster as a soph. Wilson is a better player than Junior. Buzz has said as much. The fact that there are a bunch of boobs on here talking about our backup point guard after a win is absurd. We won. And by the way, Junior was invisible. Wilson took a bad shot!

Next year, when he's starting, he will be a better player than Junior.

I think the problem is most don't understand the pg position.  Junior has been a solid pg for MU and I can guarantee you 95% of DI teams would trade for him in a heartbeat, they would not do the same for DWilson right now.  

Junior drives the bus for MU, if you are happy about having a chance to win the Big East, then send Junior a thank you card, because he made it possible.

If you are unhappy that we are not 14-2 in conference play instead of 12-4, it is also fair to criticize Junior, but ask yourself if you are maybe asking too much.

With DWilson running the point, we'd be lucky to be 8-8 right now.  As for Junior as a sophomore, he was good, but not great. Buzz said DWil was outplaying him in practice.  More of a shot at Juniors play in practice than about ability.

Junior was really good on Senior night, in the first half when we drove up the score, Junior played awesome.  He came out for DWil and things were a disaster on offense.  Right now, DWill does not facilitate, does not run the offense and is a shooting liability.  Personally I think he will be improved all around next year. In the 2nd half, Jr took a back seat and just tried to keep things calm (that's also his job).

feedback