'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Vincent v. King on Ch 32-right now  (Read 1809 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Vincent v. King on Ch 32-right now
« on: February 28, 2013, 09:11:33 PM »
Start of the 3rd quater. Vincent down by 6.  Deonte blocking shots, shooting threes, nice crossover.  Hope they win and be able to showcase his talents in Madison soon.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:19:31 PM by We R Final Four »

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Vincent v. King on Ch 32-right now
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 09:42:21 PM »
Vincent lost.  On to MU for Deonte.

No Deonte or Kevon at State this year.  Only Duane Wilson and D Stone left.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 11:45:02 AM »
The state tournament organizers can't be too happy about last night's outcomes. Burton couldn't really get anything going, but its tough when your team doesn't have a legitimate point guard and you're supposed to be inside rebounding as well. I'm much more surprised that Hamilton lost.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 12:16:49 PM »
More importantly, is Destiny HS still in the running for going to Madison?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

mubb34

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 12:22:27 PM »
i sat 3 seats from Buzz at this one... Duane Wilson continues to amaze me.....Why doesn't Burton get the ball more? When he has it he is an incredible passer and creates a score.... or gets fouled... or hits a shot...His passing amazed me last night.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 12:24:11 PM »
Sectional #4 - Final at Brookfield Central - Saturday 1 p.m.

Laconia (25-0) vs. Dominican (21-4)

I don't think that there is any tv--Sports 32 is carrying the King v Case game at the same time.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 12:38:33 PM »
The state tournament organizers can't be too happy about last night's outcomes. Burton couldn't really get anything going, but its tough when your team doesn't have a legitimate point guard and you're supposed to be inside rebounding as well. I'm much more surprised that Hamilton lost.
The state is happy. They don't like Milwaukee teams in state.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 01:35:01 PM »
The state is happy. They don't like Milwaukee teams in state.

Why? Because the inner city schools fans don't travel well? Seems like the star power would counter that. Or is it just bias against the bigger urban schools?
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Abode4life

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 01:38:10 PM »
I didn't watch the game last night, but i saw the game of Vincent vs Hamilton earlier in the year.  I know its not likely, but i really hope we get Looney.  He dominated and took over that game.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 01:40:52 PM »
Why? Because the inner city schools fans don't travel well? Seems like the star power would counter that. Or is it just bias against the bigger urban schools?

Like folk from outside of the Chicagoland area don't connect well with Chicago, so too do some outside of the Milwaukee exurban area not like Milwaukee all that much. Just a rural/urban thing.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 02:02:17 PM »
Like folk from outside of the Chicagoland area don't connect well with Chicago, so too do some outside of the Milwaukee exurban area not like Milwaukee all that much. Just a rural/urban thing.
If by connect and like you mean spend $, then I agree.

It is more related to the fact that those towns in the northern half of the state come down--bring busses and busses of students, and the community who stay in the hotels, eat the food, walk along state street and SPEND $.
City Conf. fans get on the bus, go the game, and get back on the bus and go home.

The WIAA has done their best to place 'similar' schools in the same sectional year after year so we don't have too many schools that get on the bus and go home afterwards.

WIAA's dream and desire is Wausaukee vs. Cassville, not Vincent vs. Case.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 04:19:03 PM »

Just think of the MU and UW analogy.  Milwaukee City teams are thugs in their eyes.  They want to see fundamental traditionals like their beloved Badgers. 

feedback