Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [PaintTouches]Looking back at Junior Cadougan’s top 5 games  (Read 538 times)

PaintTouchesSays

Looking back at Junior Cadougan’s top 5 games

Written by: Andrei Greska

As the final home test draws nearer and the seniors get ready to bid adieu to the Bradley Center, I felt it was time to start reflecting back on Junior Cadougan’s time at Marquette. Junior’s road to America, and ultimately … Continue reading →

http://painttouches.com/2013/02/28/looking-back-at-junior-cadougans-top-5-games/

MU82

• All American
Re: [PaintTouches]Looking back at Junior Cadougan’s top 5 games
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 09:20:11 AM »
Nice retrospective. Just three minor nits:

1. Got the date on Murray State game wrong. I briefly asked myself: Did we play them in the regular season, too? before almost immediately realizing it was just a typo.

2. After writing that Junior stunk in the first half, the author labeled his game against Wisconsin "without a doubt" his best at Marquette. I have a doubt. I'd rather go with games in which he didn't stink for a half. And I'd rather go with games that had more importance, such as Murray State in NCAAs or West Virginia in BET (my personal choice).

3. As the author states, Junior's shot against UConn absolutely was the single biggest of the season for obvious reasons. It goes in, we go to OT and eventually win. It misses and we lose. There is no gray area. Within the same sentence, however, the author says Jake Thomas' 4-point play against Syracuse was "a close second." Jake's shot was a wonderful surprise, but all it did was make the game closer approaching halftime. In fact, Syracuse rebuilt its lead pretty quickly to 7 in the second half and was still ahead by 6 with 7 1/2 mins to play when Mayo hit a huge 3-pointer after a steal by Taylor. That ignited a 14-2 run (fueled mostly by Gardner) that won the game. One could make a pretty good argument that Mayo's shot was as important -- or even more important -- than Thomas'. One really can't argue that either was close in importance to Junior's.

Overall, though, a really fun story to read. Part of the purpose of these kind of list articles is to start conversations, and so, as MJ used to say, I'm conversating.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson