collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Manti Te'o loves to lie  (Read 1272 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Manti Te'o loves to lie
« on: February 25, 2013, 11:00:16 PM »
After running a 4.82 40 yard dash in his NFL Combine run Manti Te'o was asked how fast he had been running it while training for the Combine. Te'o told reporters he was running it at "4.6, close to 4.5." The guy just loves to lie. Those 4.5 and 4.6 40s he ran were as existent as his girlfriend. (4.7 is the barometer for inside linebackers. God I hope to see him on the Bears...)

You would think for someone who has so many questions surrounding him in terms of his character and honesty when it comes to NFL front offices he would be a bit more careful about coming out and telling blatant lies like that. You don't go from a 4.5 second 40 while training for the Combine to a 4.82 second 40 while at the actual Combine. It's honestly quite sad that he feels the need to lie about it. Face the fact kid, you're not very athletic compared to NFL linebackers. No need to go around lying trying to make yourself look better, because all that matters is you just ran a 4.82 40.

What a freaking nutjob.

Maybe I'm a completely naive idiot for thinking Tuiasisopo or whatever his name is is just taking the fall for Te'o, but I have always believed Te'o knew all along there was no (whatever her name is) and was just using "her" to get publicity and be a "heartwarming" story. The guy is a chronic liar and an attention whore. This just furthers that point to me.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
Re: Manti Te'o loves to lie
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 11:03:34 PM »
He's the next Pat Fitzgerald.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 09:03:46 AM »
After running a 4.82 40 yard dash in his NFL Combine run Manti Te'o was asked how fast he had been running it while training for the Combine. Te'o told reporters he was running it at "4.6, close to 4.5." The guy just loves to lie. Those 4.5 and 4.6 40s he ran were as existent as his girlfriend. (4.7 is the barometer for inside linebackers. God I hope to see him on the Bears...)

You would think for someone who has so many questions surrounding him in terms of his character and honesty when it comes to NFL front offices he would be a bit more careful about coming out and telling blatant lies like that. You don't go from a 4.5 second 40 while training for the Combine to a 4.82 second 40 while at the actual Combine. It's honestly quite sad that he feels the need to lie about it. Face the fact kid, you're not very athletic compared to NFL linebackers. No need to go around lying trying to make yourself look better, because all that matters is you just ran a 4.82 40.

What a freaking nutjob.

Maybe I'm a completely naive idiot for thinking Tuiasisopo or whatever his name is is just taking the fall for Te'o, but I have always believed Te'o knew all along there was no (whatever her name is) and was just using "her" to get publicity and be a "heartwarming" story. The guy is a chronic liar and an attention whore. This just furthers that point to me.

Tell us how you really feel

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 05:34:12 PM »
While he could very well be lying, the way they timed him during his training vs. how they timed him at the combine COULD explain .1-.2 seconds, so it's at least plausible.  A hand timed start/finish 40 is generally the fastest time you're going to get, and once you add electronics you're going to slow that time down.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 06:31:49 PM »
While he could very well be lying, the way they timed him during his training vs. how they timed him at the combine COULD explain .1-.2 seconds, so it's at least plausible.  A hand timed start/finish 40 is generally the fastest time you're going to get, and once you add electronics you're going to slow that time down.

He prepped at the IMG academy in Florida.  They know what they are doing and how to properly time him.

How long to "sources" at IMG disagree with Te'o.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 06:37:50 PM »

I had thought about that before I went and called him a liar as I've never played football or timed myself in the 40, and I heard someone on ESPN talking about how he hopes Manti proves him wrong at his Pro Day, but how it makes absolutely no sense and (without coming out and straight up saying it) said it was unbelievable that he would've ran a 4.5 or 4.6 and then timed at 4.82 at the Combine.  Essentially said it was as likely as his girlfriend actually having been real.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter