Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DirecTv Question  (Read 4534 times)

MarquetteFan94

• All American
DirecTv Question
« on: November 20, 2006, 01:39:41 PM »
Is ESPNU a standard channel?

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: DirecTv Question
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 01:54:09 PM »
nope.......u have to get the SportsPack -- which I will order once again, just for the hoops season, tonight.

ESPNU might be part of a larger package with them, but not the standard package

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 02:18:42 PM »
looks like i'll be doing the same thing...

HomeCourtAdvantage

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 05:01:11 PM »
Thinking of stopping by Steve's.  Haven't been there yet, but just moved to Tosa a few months ago. 

Here's hoping on another Circus Victory!
Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 05:01:39 PM »
nope.......u have to get the SportsPack -- which I will order once again, just for the hoops season, tonight.

ESPNU might be part of a larger package with them, but not the standard package

Many of our customers do that.  It used to be you can add it today and take it off tomorrow and  only pay 1/30th of the monthly price....oh those were the days.

;D

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 07:17:39 PM »
well, u get my sportspack money until March 1.......then its killed off in favor or the MLB EI package.......then back to Sportspack in November and ...... well, you get the point.

btw, i wish u would throw an Aussie sports station on sportspack.  if u are gonna have the soccer channel, a footie offering would be nice and help keep customers in the summertime here in this hemisphere ;D

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 07:20:50 PM »
well, u get my sportspack money until March 1.......then its killed off in favor or the MLB EI package.......then back to Sportspack in November and ...... well, you get the point.

btw, i wish u would throw an Aussie sports station on sportspack.  if u are gonna have the soccer channel, a footie offering would be nice and help keep customers in the summertime here in this hemisphere ;D

You can't believe some of the requests we get to put on there......some are quite funny.  Over a beer sometime.

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 07:29:41 PM »
Chicos,

I want to know when they're going to finally pull that Jessica Simpson HD commercial.  Nice at first, but now it makes me want to rip my HD TV off of the wall.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 11:17:23 PM »
Chicos,

I want to know when they're going to finally pull that Jessica Simpson HD commercial.  Nice at first, but now it makes me want to rip my HD TV off of the wall.

For the amount of cake we had to pay to make that thing, I suspect you will see it for awhile.

The Lens

• All American
Chicos ?
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 11:30:19 PM »
Chicos, how long do you think this Time Warner stand off will last with NFL Net and ESPN.

I'm about 6 months from being a DirecTv customer.  Not having ESPN2 HD is really killing me.  What has kept me on cable's side is their HD programming (DVR, local stations etc).  But it sounds like your service for both local (Milw) and DVR is becoming more realistic.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Chicos ?
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 11:50:45 PM »
Chicos, how long do you think this Time Warner stand off will last with NFL Net and ESPN.

I'm about 6 months from being a DirecTv customer.  Not having ESPN2 HD is really killing me.  What has kept me on cable's side is their HD programming (DVR, local stations etc).  But it sounds like your service for both local (Milw) and DVR is becoming more realistic.

Damon....next year we will have more HD programming than cable can dream about.  The capacity for 150 national HD stations plus HD locals in the top 140 markets..it won't be close.  Two huge birds launching in May and we are moving with the idea to dominate HD programming.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 04:11:15 PM by ChicosBailBonds »