Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Crittle Update  (Read 1887 times)

Wade-A-Minute

• Walk-On
Crittle Update
« on: August 27, 2007, 11:23:46 AM »
From ILprepbullseye.com.

While Marquette is still the current leader for the services of 6'8 Josh Crittle from Hales Franciscan High School in Chicago, we believe that two other schools that cannot be taken lightly when it comes to his recruitment are Oregon and Southern Illinois.  This is primarily because of the strong connections that both of these coaching staffs have with the Mean Streets AAU program that Crittle plays for.  Most everyone is aware of Oregon's relationship with Mean Streets, but it is also important to note that Southern Illinois head coach Chris Lowery already has another of Crittle's AAU teammates, that being 6'0 point guard Kevin Dillard from Homewood-Flossmoor High School in Flossmoor, IL in the fold.  Not only that, but Lowery and his assistants stuck to the Mean Streets team like glue throughout the July evaluation period, as they were at every single one of their events.  Crittle has already scheduled an official visit to Oregon on September 29 and we also expect him to ultimately take an official to SIU as well.  Another school in the mix for Crittle is Kansas State, which will receive an official visit on September 15.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Crittle Update
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 11:27:05 AM »
biggest question here is - - how many does MU take?

you'd expect that Shumpert and BenEze have priority over Crittle.  And  with the Saunders departure, either Goulbourne or Swopshire might as well.

I dont see MU taking 5 players -- but I expect TC to take four.  With Nick Williams in the mix already  ---  does MU have space for Crittle?    Maybe if Mbakwe is not cleared and matriculates elsewhere, Crittle would be the natural fit

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 12:21:14 PM »
Williams, Ben-Eze, Shimpert and Crittle would be fine with me.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 05:29:50 PM »
cant get much better than that potential class.

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 08:09:39 PM »
Williams, Ben-Eze, Shimpert and Crittle would be fine with me.

I think that's what will happen with the assumption that we have a departure next summer (NBA, transfer, dropout, kidnapping, runaway, etc.)