'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seton Hall SOTG  (Read 5320 times)

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
Re: Seton Hall SOTG
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2013, 10:54:12 AM »
I guess that is one way to look at it, but consider the other side.  If Blue wasn't as good as he was in the first half, we are down 6, 8 going into the half?  Blue kept us in the game and still continued to play well in the second.

I understand the argument for Ox, had a great game.  But I don't like the "not looking at who was good in a bad half, but I'll look at who was good in a good half" argument.

Fair enough.  Certainly don't mean to say that the first half should be discounted.  I suppose when I make my Stud analysis it's usually at least decently weighted by the eye test, whether that is a good way to do it or not, and my eyes were a lot happier during that second half.   I think I actually voted Vander earlier in the year in a similar game, (can't recall which) when he was the only one performing in the first half, but there were just no standouts in our better second half.   I see what you are saying though.

muchamps

• Walk-On
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2013, 12:15:19 PM »
Devante-automatic

mubb34

• Team Captain
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2013, 12:39:34 PM »
Vander---HM to Ox and Lockett

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2013, 09:33:16 PM »
Despite all the votes for VB, Gardner gets it for great numbers (in 25 minutes), and finally securing the lead when Marquette needed it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2013, 09:35:23 PM »
Despite all the votes for VB, Gardner gets it for great numbers (in 25 minutes), and finally securing the lead when Marquette needed it.

+ 1

Norm

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2013, 11:13:44 PM »
It is amazing how much Vander Blue's performance in games is taken for granted this season after most folks complained about his play his first two years. He is BY FAR the most consistent performer on the team and the runaway MVP, and yet he has only been voted SOTG 4 times out of 19 wins this year. Cadougan, who is maddeningly inconsistent this season, has as many SOTG's as Blue, as does Gardner, who fell into about a 5-6 game slump prior to last night. Oh well, let's hope we just keep winning so he can win a couple more.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2013, 07:46:50 AM »
I don't think his performance is taken for granted. I think everybody here would agree he is the guy we can't lose, but the Stud totals don't surprise me.  MU is one of the more balanced and deep teams and to be at the top of the Beast at this point in the season, it means a lot of different guys have had to have a big game here or there.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2013, 07:59:16 AM »
It is amazing how much Vander Blue's performance in games is taken for granted this season after most folks complained about his play his first two years. He is BY FAR the most consistent performer on the team and the runaway MVP, and yet he has only been voted SOTG 4 times out of 19 wins this year. Cadougan, who is maddeningly inconsistent this season, has as many SOTG's as Blue, as does Gardner, who fell into about a 5-6 game slump prior to last night. Oh well, let's hope we just keep winning so he can win a couple more.

Not taken for granted, much appreciated.   Vander is in the discussion nearly every game.  And I would completely agree that Blue's body of work makes him the runaway MVP for the season so far.   However, it is Stud of the Game.   Vander can have a good game, as he did against SH, and still lose because others felt another player had a better game, or impacted it more, or had a breakout performance that exceeded expectations (Juan and STjr).     So MVP, Blue.   SoG, whoever had the best game in a win.    If we did one of those hockey things where we gave out 3, he would get one nearly every game.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2013, 11:21:55 AM »

A ridiculous decision IMO.  When Vander only shows up for a half everyone has a coronary.  Gardner shows up for 10 minutes while Vander plays a complete game and Gardner gets all of the credit. 

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2013, 12:03:04 PM »
A ridiculous decision IMO.  When Vander only shows up for a half everyone has a coronary.  Gardner shows up for 10 minutes while Vander plays a complete game and Gardner gets all of the credit. 

People are taking Blue for granted and his performances are now accepted as "normal" whereas Gardner, due to body, personality, and style, always evokes an orgasmic reaction when he plays well.

In the end, it's all fun and games to foster discussion.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2013, 12:47:18 PM »

In the end, it's all fun and games to foster discussion.

This.
Taylor is on the board and he hasn't played 20 minutes in a game yet.   If I'm right, Frozena won once.
I also don't think Ox is getting all the credit. Everyone knows what Vander is and how important to the team he is.  He's as quick to be loved now as he was to be hated previously!  :)

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2013, 12:54:05 PM »
This.
Taylor is on the board and he hasn't played 20 minutes in a game yet.   If I'm right, Frozena won once.
I also don't think Ox is getting all the credit. Everyone knows what Vander is and how important to the team he is.  He's as quick to be loved now as he was to be hated previously!  :)
Frozena did indeed win SOTG...over Chris Otule who was clearly the real SOTG. 

If Chris leaves after this season, this is clearly the reason.

feedback