[September 20, 2024, 07:45:48 PM]

Big East 2024 -25 Results by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 06:05:27 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by MU82
[September 20, 2024, 12:31:28 PM]

Excellent Mr Dodds Interview with Ben Gold by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 08:52:59 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Duane Wilson Video  (Read 8306 times)

netty24

• Starter
New Duane Wilson Video
« on: February 19, 2013, 01:41:12 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJjVT9xEBkk&list=UUuCgemPuOk2qdqF1CTk9LJQ&index=3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT5DTPuS7NI&list=UUuCgemPuOk2qdqF1CTk9LJQ

The more video of this kid that I see, the more I like. Looks like he can drive and distribute very well, and has a decent looking jumper. But his best asset is definitely his explosiveness, as he uses his speed and fantastic vertical to get to the rim with ease. He also appears to have decent length which he uses on D to get steals, which usually lead to an explosive dunk. His game reminds me of Dwyane in that sense. I personally think he should be given at least 15+ minutes per game against the cupcakes early next year to see how he handles the PG role, but that is just my opinion.

Groin_pull

• All American
Re: New Duane Wilson Video
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 01:50:58 PM »
So much to like. Offense...defense...ball handling...athleticism.  ;D

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 02:17:46 PM »
MU will have no trouble running next year with Blue, Anderson and Wilson, fast pace should be the norm, and the difference between Cadougan and Wilson is that he can go with
either hand to the hoop, plus he really can pass on the break.  If Wilson is half as good as they videos show, next year Top 10. 

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 02:24:43 PM »
MU will have no trouble running next year with Blue, Anderson and Wilson, fast pace should be the norm, and the difference between Cadougan and Wilson is that he can go with
either hand to the hoop, plus he really can pass on the break.  If Wilson is half as good as they videos show, next year Top 10. 

Next year?

Win the next four games (@SH, @nova, cuse, ND) and we can be top 10 in two weeks.  Even better than that next year.

netty24

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 02:24:52 PM »

I agree with everything you said. Don't forget that Burton and Jajuan will be explosive in transition as well. Jameel will also provide us with a big that can run the floor as well. I would love to see Buzz bring in his patented line-changes and put all of the new-comers (Wilson, Burton, Johnson, Jameel) in at once to bring a run-and-gun feel to the offense, as all of them are mobile and explosive.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 02:44:03 PM »
I kinda feel disappointed with Stone in that vid, granted he's still young and towers over everybody but I expected him to be more physical.  Also hope he gets into a bit better shape if he comes here... anywhere else he can go ahead and start smoking and drinking every day while eating mcdonalds every meal.  
Maigh Eo for Sam

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 03:23:11 PM »
I agree with everything you said. Don't forget that Burton and Jajuan will be explosive in transition as well. Jameel will also provide us with a big that can run the floor as well. I would love to see Buzz bring in his patented line-changes and put all of the new-comers (Wilson, Burton, Johnson, Jameel) in at once to bring a run-and-gun feel to the offense, as all of them are mobile and explosive.

They will be at least 10 deep again next year, almost more.  Burton, Johnson and Anderson will probably fight it out at the 3 unless Buzz goes Mayo, Blue and Wilson.  Lots of switchables
again next year, play big and play small.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 03:27:10 PM »
I kinda feel disappointed with Stone in that vid, granted he's still young and towers over everybody but I expected him to be more physical.  Also hope he gets into a bit better shape if he comes here... anywhere else he can go ahead and start smoking and drinking every day while eating mcdonalds every meal.  

Reminded me of Andrew Bynum. Didn't look very explosive.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 03:57:16 PM »

Stone is still a kid.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 04:06:31 PM »
Stone is still a kid.

Athletically, he appears very limited. And that's not something that will magically change once he gets to college.

Of course, having said that, I'd still be thrilled if MU could land him.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:16:56 PM by Groin_pull »

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 04:16:22 PM »
How many 15 year old 6-10 250 lb basketball player's would people say are explosive? 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 05:06:25 PM »
Stone will be fine.   A couple of overmatched opponents, however.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 05:24:15 PM »
Reminded me of Andrew Bynum. Didn't look very explosive.

Reminded you of one of the five best centers in the NBA when healthy and your comment is that he isn't explosive enough? Not every big man needs to be running in transition and dunking. I've been very happy with Ox, haven't you? The kid is so highly rated because of his incredibly soft hands for his size and the extraordinary frame with which college strength and conditioning coaches will have to build on.

Hopefully the Wilson connection and hometown appeal will be enough. Unfortunately, I'm not holding out much hope after Calipari comes calling...
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

jeffreyweee

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 05:55:36 PM »
Were they playing my little niece's team? That team was full of 4'10 traditionals.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 07:06:43 PM »
Even as a  freshman, Duane should have no trouble earning the starting PG spot next year. 

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 07:23:14 PM »
Even as a  freshman, Duane should have no trouble earning the starting PG spot next year. 

After the away Pitt game that Jr. was hurt and Derrick Wilson played the entire second half Buzz told Homer on the post game show that he (Buzz) told Derrick Wilson that he might not be the most athletic PG at MU in two years (reference to Duane Wilson) but he will be "his guy next year."  I took that to mean Derrick Wilson will start but Duane Wilson could very will get the minutes and the end of game minutes.  See Otule and Gardner.  See Anderson and Jamil Wilson.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 08:08:26 PM »
After the away Pitt game that Jr. was hurt and Derrick Wilson played the entire second half Buzz told Homer on the post game show that he (Buzz) told Derrick Wilson that he might not be the most athletic PG at MU in two years (reference to Duane Wilson) but he will be "his guy next year."  I took that to mean Derrick Wilson will start but Duane Wilson could very will get the minutes and the end of game minutes.  See Otule and Gardner.  See Anderson and Jamil Wilson.

Ugh, god bless D Wilson but he is not a high major PG. I have NO time for a PG that shoots 45% from the line and 30% from from the field.

Can't take much from this videos, show me some film on them playing a decent team. Stone looks pretty incredible to me for a 15 year old.

netty24

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 08:14:29 PM »
Ugh, god bless D Wilson but he is not a high major PG. I have NO time for a PG that shoots 45% from the line and 30% from from the field.

Can't take much from this videos, show me some film on them playing a decent team. Stone looks pretty incredible to me for a 15 year old.

Here is a video of him playing against Germantown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_vp-C6YtQI

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 08:15:52 PM »
Stone will go down with Jim Chones and Joe Wolf as one of the top 3 big men in Wisconsin high school history with the normal development.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

nyg

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 08:17:08 PM »
D. Wilson is 2 for 20 from field in BE play.  That's 10%. 

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 08:52:49 PM »
D. Wilson is 2 for 20 from field in BE play.  That's 10%. 

That botched bunny tonight didn't help...
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 09:49:33 AM »
Love Derrick, but the shortarmed FT with 0.4 left was ugly.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 11:50:54 AM »
FWIW, Germantown beat Dominican 88-53 last month.
SS Marquette

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 12:00:22 PM »

Sounds a little like D. James' stats a few years ago...

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 12:04:15 PM »
Duane and Stone play well together.  Hope they continue at Marquette!

feedback