[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Have a 3000sq foot home? Bye bye mortgage deduction  (Read 9372 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: Have a 3000sq foot home? Bye bye mortgage deduction
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2014, 04:40:38 PM »
Every time we exhale we put CO2 into the air; I expect a breathing tax in the for seeable future.

That's some great necro there, 69.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2014, 04:45:13 PM »
As a single man with a primary residence with 3,500 finished sq feet, I say "kiss my a$$" with your judgments. Everyone's situation is different.

If you want to simplify the tax code & remove the deduction along with a multitude of other changes, let's talk.

No one "needs" a lot of things. Go pay an extra tax for using a phone to check Scoop, you hypocrites!

2%'ers unite!

how many wide is that trailer bro?

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 04:59:26 PM »

The fair tax plan actually calls for the total elimination of the mortgage deduction for everyone.  I know that sounds scary, but it is an interesting plan that would help to equalize the playing field for the vast majority of citizens.

http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer?pagename=about_faq_answers

Hahahahahahahaha. No, no it wouldn't at all.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:03:53 PM by Aughnanure »
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2014, 05:00:40 PM »
Well however its handled----but anything over 3,000 sq feet is ridiculous----why should others have to pay more for energy because someone else wants to show off a house most of which he doesn't need or use!

I raised 6 kids in a 2,400 sq foot home (5 berooms) and we had more than enough room!

This is a key point. YOUR energy consumption habits directly impact your neighbors. DIRECTLY! You are not a freaking island.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2014, 05:02:57 PM »
Which plants, trees, etc need.  So I'm happy to keep putting out carbon in large amounts....but yes, you can bet your arse carbon taxes are coming because the politicians need to scare up the world in order to tax you in some way.  Wait until they go after your 401K down the road.

Hurry up before that slippery slope paranoia gets you.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2014, 05:20:01 PM »
Chicos----I agree with Dingell on this one-----there is no reason why anyone needs a home in excess of 3,000 sq feet------and with the energy situation the way it is, why encourage those bigger homes which burn more natural gas and use so much electricity (air conditioning). I'm not into the "emission" issue on this----but just from the standpoint of reducing dependence on finite resources (heating oil and nat gas).

I also agree with him on significantly increasing the gas tax----but i would add a tax credit to offset that for mileage to and from place of work. The demand for crude oil and its byproducts (gas & diesel)is causing us nothing but problems worldwide----Iran, Al Quida, Venuzuela, and now Russia-----each of these entities would fall flat on their face and therefore their terrorism or cold war tactics would diminish if the price of crude oil dropped substantially!

Lower crude oil prices means less hostility and confrontation around the world!

I'm sorry but who the heck are you to decide what somebody else needs? It is no one's business what someone's square footage is as long as it doesn't violate zoning codes. Oil and gas aren't finite according to a friend who is a world renowned geologist and expert. there would be very little problems  with Russia and OPECif we build the damn pipeline. What is it with people who want to ban everything they don't want or like? 32 oz. sodas, guns, certain dogs, French fries etc. etc., etc.  Sheesh

reinko

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2014, 06:07:27 PM »
I'm sorry but who the heck are you to decide what somebody else needs? It is no one's business what someone's square footage is as long as it doesn't violate zoning codes. Oil and gas aren't finite according to a friend who is a world renowned geologist and expert. there would be very little problems  with Russia and OPECif we build the damn pipeline. What is it with people who want to ban everything they don't want or like? 32 oz. sodas, guns, certain dogs, French fries etc. etc., etc.  Sheesh

You realize this post is over 6 Years old right?

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2014, 06:19:00 PM »
Which plants, trees, etc need.  So I'm happy to keep putting out carbon in large amounts....but yes, you can bet your arse carbon taxes are coming because the politicians need to scare up the world in order to tax you in some way.  Wait until they go after your 401K down the road.

Since I am retired they are already going after my 401K; its the taxes I pay on my social security income that I take offense.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2014, 06:30:48 PM »
6 year old thread resurrected by a spammer.   Clearly illustrates why the mods don't want political threads. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2014, 07:29:44 PM »
Followin' up on f*ckin's thought, then, what trailer park you at, kin?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2014, 08:14:01 PM »
ah, another brilliant gem from my favorite dumbest poster...

Chicos----I agree with Dingell on this one-----there is no reason why anyone needs a home in excess of 3,000 sq feet------and with the energy situation the way it is, why encourage those bigger homes which burn more natural gas and use so much electricity (air conditioning). I'm not into the "emission" issue on this----but just from the standpoint of reducing dependence on finite resources (heating oil and nat gas).

I also agree with him on significantly increasing the gas tax----but i would add a tax credit to offset that for mileage to and from place of work. The demand for crude oil and its byproducts (gas & diesel)is causing us nothing but problems worldwide----Iran, Al Quida, Venuzuela, and now Russia-----each of these entities would fall flat on their face and therefore their terrorism or cold war tactics would diminish if the price of crude oil dropped substantially!

Lower crude oil prices means less hostility and confrontation around the world!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2014, 10:40:04 PM »
6 year old thread resurrected by a spammer.   Clearly illustrates why the mods don't want political threads. 

Yup, this is no good at all.  Took 6 years, but finally locked.

feedback