collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Favorite party houses at MU  (Read 11895 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Favorite party houses at MU
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2013, 05:50:51 PM »
  I won't make a joke (though there's one there to make), but I bet your mom never saw a house as bad as the Lighthouse before we forced the landlord to clean it up.  We had mice, roaches and rats.  But once it got cleaned up, it became one of the top 10 buildings on campus in 1984 ( so said the yearbook).  Some of the mice/rat stories are hilarious.   That could be another thread by itself that I'm sure we could all come up with hilarious stories about our MU houses and how bad the living conditions were (at least at times).

Should have taken on a cat.  Boom no more mice or rats.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2013, 05:53:52 PM »
Red door with a dirt floor basement at 18th and the alley south of state (across from the basketball courts on the school playground).  Chris Ganos special (he probably had other dirt floor basements).

I think the (front door) address of the gray house with the red door was 930 N 18th. In 1968-69 I lived in back/side of that house - our address was 932 and the entrance was on the northeast side. Had several friends who lived across the alley in those string of apartments on 17th.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2013, 08:40:46 PM »
I think the (front door) address of the gray house with the red door was 930 N 18th. In 1968-69 I lived in back/side of that house - our address was 932 and the entrance was on the northeast side. Had several friends who lived across the alley in those string of apartments on 17th.

Was electricity invented by then?  :o

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2013, 09:31:34 PM »
Was electricity invented by then?  :o

Yes, but it was still considered a luxury.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2013, 12:52:29 PM »
With the Old Man sitting in the corner --always watching and offering the occasional grunt.  The Old Man on Pawn Stars reminds me of him a bit.

I forgot all about him.  Wasn't he Richie and Paulie's Old Man?  Reminds me exactly of the old man on Pawn Stars.

awilhelmscream

• Starter
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2013, 01:21:47 PM »
I was there 04-08.  Renee row was huge when I was there, had buddies that rented the house with the big deck on Michigan and that place was great, then apartment 305 in he building across from the Cedar Square apartments on 15th.  I actually lived in 1435 on the 3rd floor for a year and part of the rugby team lived on the first floor.  Awesome guys and good times had by all.  That house was a rat hole.  The summer we moved out they began renovating it to become a sorority house and we saw a lot of guys in hazmat suits going in and out during that process, we assume it was asbestos.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2013, 01:37:30 PM »
I forgot all about him.  Wasn't he Richie and Paulie's Old Man?  Reminds me exactly of the old man on Pawn Stars.

Yep- I worked there senior year- they hired me after I bounced a check.

only a warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2013, 02:05:44 PM »
1984 - 1987 Bush House rocked 15th street

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2013, 05:00:13 PM »
Candy house early 2000s

feedback