[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Favorite party houses at MU  (Read 11893 times)

warrior_rugby15

• Scholarship Player
Re: Favorite party houses at MU
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2013, 12:23:25 PM »
The Boneyard at 914 N. 18th Street. Had an empty lot right next to it, which was always great in early fall/late spring.

Abode4life

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 12:33:11 PM »
The Abode (west), Red Door (don't quite remember the address - basement had dirt floor), and the row houses on State.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 03:23:50 PM »
The Abode (west), Red Door (don't quite remember the address - basement had dirt floor), and the row houses on State.

Red door with a dirt floor basement at 18th and the alley south of state (across from the basketball courts on the school playground).  Chris Ganos special (he probably had other dirt floor basements).

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 03:24:10 PM »

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 03:27:37 PM »
Red door with a dirt floor basement at 18th and the alley south of state (across from the basketball courts on the school playground).  Chris Ganos special (he probably had other dirt floor basements).

Lived in a Chris Ganos special right across the alley from the place you are talking about on 17th and the alley just south of State.  I am pretty sure all of the houses he owned had red doors.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 04:19:30 PM »
Attended '04-'08.

Red Door was huge. Also the Pirate House on the cul de sac on 17th (since been demolished for a new apartment building called The Eageles Nest), it was set back from the street....with a huge lawn in front. Many parties were also held in the Renee Row courtyard every weekend.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 04:49:43 PM »
Best party house bathroom: The rows of washers and dryers in the Kensington hallway. I saw more kids piss in those things than do laundry.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2013, 07:04:03 AM »
-The Tool Box (14th St north of Kilbourn)

You know this is the name of an infamous gay bar in NYC?

Death on call

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2013, 06:31:37 AM »
-The Play Pen
-The Row Houses
-The Blue House

All had great parties in the early 80's

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2013, 10:06:30 AM »
When i was at MU it was
Red door off 18th (free vodka shots)
blue light which was right on the corner of 18th and state
The w Michigan row houses became even better after My time, with the finished basement and all
somewhere in the 1400s on state street. Always a good basketball  pregame after party b

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2013, 11:06:25 PM »
The Boneyard at 914 N. 18th Street. Had an empty lot right next to it, which was always great in early fall/late spring.

I'm living there next year for my Super Senior year.  I intend on throwing some mad slip n slide parties during the summer in that empty lot!
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2013, 11:09:09 PM »
It's crazy how it can change from year to year.  When I was an underclassman it was the lax house 533 n 17th, but then when I became an upper classman that house became like a foreign exchange student house.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 02:17:32 PM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2013, 03:46:07 PM »
Me and three buds lived in a major dive at 24th and Wells our junior year (80-81). It was dirt cheap but we would have gone broke if we had to pay a penny per cockroach. We once went to the landlord's office to confront him about the conditions; we left 5 minutes later having apologized to him for some reason. He was a fast-talking lawyer who knew how to deal with dopey students.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warrior_rugby15

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2013, 11:47:24 PM »
I'm living there next year for my Super Senior year.  I intend on throwing some mad slip n slide parties during the summer in that empty lot!

That place was terrible. Is tammy going to be your landlord? She's terrible. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 01:19:56 AM »
That place was terrible. Is tammy going to be your landlord? She's terrible. 

I can't remember her name as I only met her once to sign. She's got blonde hair and seemed nice enough.  They just redid the kitchen and floors so that's tight, the basement is still a hell hole but what would you expect. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

warrior_rugby15

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 03:12:16 AM »
Yeah thats Tammy. She didn't do anything for us when we were there. Just make sure you pick a room away from the shower. God that place was awful. Great guys though. Be sure to get screen windows if you can.

My mom who was a Chicago paramedic said that it was one of the worst houses she's seen. And this is someone who has been in the robert taylor homes and the finest establishments that the west and south side of Chicago have to offer.

Prob didn't help my case that every time she did come in there was trash, beer cans, holes in the wall.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 10:27:22 AM »
Yeah thats Tammy. She didn't do anything for us when we were there. Just make sure you pick a room away from the shower. God that place was awful. Great guys though. Be sure to get screen windows if you can.

My mom who was a Chicago paramedic said that it was one of the worst houses she's seen. And this is someone who has been in the robert taylor homes and the finest establishments that the west and south side of Chicago have to offer.

Prob didn't help my case that every time she did come in there was trash, beer cans, holes in the wall.

Haha well what ever it'll be interesting coming from two years of Renee Row. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2013, 10:32:39 AM »
Probably used Aquafresh or Sensodyne. Shoulda patched those suckers with Colgate or Crest and you woulda been golden.

CREST IS BEST.

Can't even count how many holes we plugged in O'D and Schroeder with some standard Crest and never got charged.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2013, 02:14:41 PM »
Richie and Pauly

Lots of Characters
Hey Richie...cold case of Pabst.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2013, 03:19:53 PM »
Hey Richie...cold case of Pabst.

With the Old Man sitting in the corner --always watching and offering the occasional grunt.  The Old Man on Pawn Stars reminds me of him a bit.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2013, 03:25:27 PM »
The worst landlord was Ray Gastrow.

fracking hate that guy. Took $7000 in security deposit from our house (2nd row house on 14th and State).  While we definitely deserved to lose some of that....holy hell. He rebuilt the entire place with our security deposit. Schmuck.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 03:27:06 PM by JamilJaeJamailJrJuan »
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2013, 03:51:34 PM »

I won't make a joke (though there's one there to make), but I bet your mom never saw a house as bad as the Lighthouse before we forced the landlord to clean it up.  We had mice, roaches and rats.  But once it got cleaned up, it became one of the top 10 buildings on campus in 1984 ( so said the yearbook).  Some of the mice/rat stories are hilarious.   That could be another thread by itself that I'm sure we could all come up with hilarious stories about our MU houses and how bad the living conditions were (at least at times).
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2013, 04:51:16 PM »
Hey Richie...cold case of Pabst Strohs.

Fixed
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2013, 05:01:58 PM »

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2013, 05:31:46 PM »

Lived at 939 N. 17th St.  Looked at it on google maps and got to see that there are bars on all the windows now.  Pretty funny because one night we are all sitting in the living room watching TV.  About an hour later my roommate goes to his far back bedroom and his window/screen is busted out and his ghetto blaster and TV from his room are gone.  We were obviously oblivious to any noise.

feedback