[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: "Sit Down" Cheer  (Read 2581 times)

wadesworld

• All American
"Sit Down" Cheer
« on: February 09, 2013, 04:05:26 PM »
Hey old farts who have their panties in a bunch about the "You Suck!" cheer...would you quit belittling our opponents when they foul out of the game?!  Waving as they walk to the bench after fouling out is completely classless!  I cannot believe this is what the institution that I have a degree from has come to.  My degree is worth as much as the piece of paper it is printed on.  This behavior is embarrassing.  We are not some public school here.  We are Marquette!  A private, Jesuit institution!  Mocking a late teen to early 20 year old for fouling out after busting their butt in practice all week and in the game (before fouling out) is an absolute shame!  Knock it off!

Also, where are the DePaul shirts being blasted out of the t-shirt gun?!  Aren't we supposed to welcome our visitors?!

Frack, what is this world coming to?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GoldenZebra

• All American
Re: "Sit Down" Cheer
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 04:15:56 PM »
I was ashamed to sit in the student section when they chanted that. I just wanted to go over and give Ryckbosch a big hug and say "Its okay buddy, noone is disrespecting you for being terrible at basketball and fouling out while only playing 6 minutes."

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 04:17:21 PM »
Does he really love wood?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 04:18:03 PM »
Does he really love wood?

Yes, he rode the pine basically the whole game.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 04:18:14 PM »
And the crassness of the airball chant at every game.   That can be misconstrued so many ways.    FWIW, I remember booing the sweater vests back in the day because they wouldn't get off of their buttocks.   Those must be the same crew who doesn't like the much discussed cheer.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 04:23:25 PM »
And the crassness of the airball chant at every game.   That can be misconstrued so many ways.    FWIW, I remember booing the sweater vests back in the day because they wouldn't get off of their buttocks.   Those must be the same crew who doesn't like the much discussed cheer.  

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 05:35:48 PM »
I was ashamed to sit in the student section when they chanted that. I just wanted to go over and give Ryckbosch a big hug and say "Its okay buddy, noone is disrespecting you for being terrible at basketball and fouling out while only playing 6 minutes."

Ryckbosch seemed like he was in there to get Davante riled up. 

He is Jesuit educated from St. Ignatius in Chicago though.  He was not filled with the Ignatian spirit.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 06:15:32 PM »
Anyone ripping on the Sit Down or airball cheer or is this hyperbole and faux outrage again? 

chapman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 06:16:25 PM »
We should probably start a fund to make sure all opposing players who foul out have a card expressing our condolences and some flowers awaiting them when they reach the bench.  

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 06:18:52 PM »
We should probably start a fund to make sure all opposing players who foul out have a card expressing our condolences and some flowers awaiting them when they reach the bench.  

How about bikini clad masseuses to offer a warm towel and neck rub while Tibetan monks chant softly in the first row?

Death on call

chapman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 06:26:08 PM »
How about bikini clad masseuses to offer a warm towel and neck rub while Tibetan monks chant softly in the first row?

The masseuses need to be dressed as Disney characters instead.  Concerned parents can't have their sheltered children hearing "sucks", much less expose them to the sight of women in bikinis.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 06:33:13 PM »
With women in bikinis at the games, there would be few seats remaining for children to sit in

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 06:38:17 PM »
The masseuses need to be dressed as Disney characters instead.  Concerned parents can't have their sheltered children hearing "sucks", much less expose them to the sight of women in bikinis.

Good point. And we can't just have Buddhists chanting. We would need a Moslem doing the call to prayer, a cantor singing the Shema, a Wiccan chanting to Aphrodite, a Hindu singing a raga, a Taoist clanging gongs, A Rastafarian singing Bob Marley, A Bahai singing Seals and Crofts, a Sikh singing George Harrison, and a Unitarian ding all of the above. We don't want to have any Christians though because we need separation of Church and State.  

Death on call

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 06:45:59 PM »

Alright.  But, for the Wisconsin and Notre Dame games the masseuses must have big hairy arms.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 06:59:50 PM »
Hey old farts who have their panties in a bunch about the "You Suck!" cheer...would you quit belittling our opponents when they foul out of the game?!  Waving as they walk to the bench after fouling out is completely classless!  I cannot believe this is what the institution that I have a degree from has come to.  My degree is worth as much as the piece of paper it is printed on.  This behavior is embarrassing.  We are not some public school here.  We are Marquette!  A private, Jesuit institution!  Mocking a late teen to early 20 year old for fouling out after busting their butt in practice all week and in the game (before fouling out) is an absolute shame!  Knock it off!

Also, where are the DePaul shirts being blasted out of the t-shirt gun?!  Aren't we supposed to welcome our visitors?!

Frack, what is this world coming to?

Congrats, you REALLY GAVE IT TO THAT STRAW MAN.  No chance.  Great work.

boyonthedock

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 07:06:44 PM »
I legit think this is a hilarious idea and we should do it.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 09:51:29 PM »

I think you're onto something here.  The opposing player is presented a bouquet of flowers upon his fifth foul.  It will be known as "flowering out" and will be a key component in making the BC a terrifying place for opposing teams.

An alternative would be throwing daisies at the opposing player as he walks to the bench after his fifth foul.  Same principle, different execution.  I'm good with either.   ;D
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 10:03:33 PM »

Yes. This would be great.
Sort of like the candygram for mongo in Blazing Saddles.
Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate