[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: troubling  (Read 6664 times)

Murffieus

• All American
Re: troubling
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 07:31:58 PM »
Very troubling---but really nothing new. The troubling part is that NBC masquarades as unbiased and objective-----at least Rush Limbaugh and Charlie Sykes (both biased toward the right) tell you upfront which side they're on!

mviale

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 08:03:40 PM »
very troubling for 20% of the population - wake up and smell the coffee.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 08:31:50 PM »

These actions by the press were in January of 2003...before the war in Iraq, when Bush had an approval rating around 60%.   Yup, no bias mviale.

Of course, just two days ago when Rove resigned, the same thing happened at several newspapers including the Seattle Times.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1881644/posts

Yup, no bias.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 08:33:48 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 10:59:06 PM »
IT doesn't trouble me.

These two incidents cannot be used as "I told you so's" since much of this has gone on in newsrooms since newsrooms have been newsrooms.

Big whoop.

You think teachers aren't biased? Cops? Politicians? Marquette fans?

Not saying all...but biases exist. No surprise there.

In fact, the site in your link contains biases.
SS Marquette

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 11:36:04 PM »

These actions by the press were in January of 2003...before the war in Iraq, when Bush had an approval rating around 60%.   Yup, no bias mviale.

Of course, just two days ago when Rove resigned, the same thing happened at several newspapers including the Seattle Times.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1881644/posts

Yup, no bias.

1. Could you list off the "several" newspapers in which this occurred?

2. The portion of the story you fail to mention, and runs counter to your argument:
"I wasn't there, but I've talked to several people who were. It was only a couple of people who cheered and they, thankfully, are not among the people who get a say in news play."

3. You continue to confuse one's personal beliefs with one's professional obligations, as if a person who thinks one way on a particular issue not only cannot, but will not, present it objectively.
Oh wait, I forgot ... only "Superhumans" have the capacity to act as professionals.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 10:31:39 AM »
Anyone who (downdeep) doesn't really think that the national media isn't liberal/left has to be brain dead!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 10:39:05 AM »
Sorry Pakuni, I don't think people are superhuman.

The "several" newspapers are the Seattle Times and the LA Times.

Here was the Seattle Times Executive Editor said on the situation yesterday on his blog...he admits the newsroom is "blue", liberal, votes Democrat, are made up of activists but then he reaches for that old standby....they're also "superhuman" (my word) since they let all of this not effect their reporting.  Whatever.

By the way, who can forget in 2000 during the election as NBC news control room was cheering for Gore to win...yup, no bias.  Read Jack Welch's book.

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 08:16:22 PM »
Anyone who (downdeep) doesn't really think that the national media isn't liberal/left has to be brain dead!

Really, I don't want this to come off as a personal attack, but I really have the urge to say this.

You know, Murff I've done a lot of reading on what you have to say here on the superbar. And the more and more I think about it, I've realized why you're posts annoy me so much. It isn't the fact that I don't always agree with you - hell, I never realized two conservatives could disagree so much - it's the way you present your points. What you just said is very degrading and insulting to someone who believes that the media isn't biased towards the left. Seriously, just because someone doesn't hold your viewpoint does not make them "brain dead." It means you respectfully disagree with them. Please be respectful about it.

</rant>

As for the media issue, I think it really goes both ways - the majority of media outlets have a liberal bias, but the most watched/listened to have a Republican bias. Fox News is the most watched cable news network, O'Riley is the most watched show in his timeslot, and the Republicans all but own talk radio.

Thats just one Warrior opinion though...

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 08:51:40 PM »
Chuncken------that wasn't a personal attack as I didn't direct that remark to a specific person-----just threw it out there----if the shoe fits put it on----if it doesn't it shouldn't bother anyone.

As Far as your remark about Fox news being the most viewed of the 24 hour news channels----this is true------but the Fox News channel doesn't come close to the Big 3 networks evening news broadcasts viewership which is what I'm referring to with my reference to the national media's liberal/leftist dominance slant.

So IMO you're referencing apples & oranges---not only with the major networks Vs the cable news channels-----but also the dominance nationwide of the main print media souces like the liberal/leftist NYT, WP, LA Times, and Associated Press.

Guys like Tim Russert do a good job of disguising their liberal bias----but most of them don't.

When I hear intelligent people deny all this----it sends me up a wall---as it's crystal clear to me----and I've been watching this stuff for a long, long time! Media people are generally liberal/left----it's the type of people that the biz attracts------ditto for Hollywood actors/actresses----overwhelmingly liberal/left!

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 10:23:04 PM »
Chuncken------that wasn't a personal attack as I didn't direct that remark to a specific person-----just threw it out there----if the shoe fits put it on----if it doesn't it shouldn't bother anyone.

As Far as your remark about Fox news being the most viewed of the 24 hour news channels----this is true------but the Fox News channel doesn't come close to the Big 3 networks evening news broadcasts viewership which is what I'm referring to with my reference to the national media's liberal/leftist dominance slant.

So IMO you're referencing apples & oranges---not only with the major networks Vs the cable news channels-----but also the dominance nationwide of the main print media souces like the liberal/leftist NYT, WP, LA Times, and Associated Press.

Guys like Tim Russert do a good job of disguising their liberal bias----but most of them don't.

When I hear intelligent people deny all this----it sends me up a wall---as it's crystal clear to me----and I've been watching this stuff for a long, long time! Media people are generally liberal/left----it's the type of people that the biz attracts------ditto for Hollywood actors/actresses----overwhelmingly liberal/left!

I would just appreciate it if you didn't lump people who thought different than you as being "brain dead."

By the way, I thought your last post was extremely well thought out and not degrading. Thats the type of intelligent discussion I love to see!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 11:07:24 PM »

Really, I don't want this to come off as a personal attack, but I really have the urge to say this.

You know, Murff I've done a lot of reading on what you have to say here on the superbar. And the more and more I think about it, I've realized why you're posts annoy me so much. It isn't the fact that I don't always agree with you - hell, I never realized two conservatives could disagree so much - it's the way you present your points. What you just said is very degrading and insulting to someone who believes that the media isn't biased towards the left. Seriously, just because someone doesn't hold your viewpoint does not make them "brain dead." It means you respectfully disagree with them. Please be respectful about it.

</rant>

As for the media issue, I think it really goes both ways - the majority of media outlets have a liberal bias, but the most watched/listened to have a Republican bias. Fox News is the most watched cable news network, O'Riley is the most watched show in his timeslot, and the Republicans all but own talk radio.

Thats just one Warrior opinion though...

Yes, Fox has the best ratings...that would be because it's the only one that ISN'T liberal.  But if you add up CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS, NPR, CNN  vs FOX, it's not even close in terms of cranking out one side vs the other.